KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Noticed we have lots of lovely fluffy pixies on HOP

You know what, there really are not enough elves on HOP, why is this?

Or fairys?

Is it now derogatory to refer to someone as a fairy! (derogatory as in not PC!)

My mother always called me a little fairy when I was little. Granted this meant that I was a little brat! Fairy's also get a bad rap in one of my fave movies Labyrinth!

Non-Https Image Link

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i am having a dumb morning here kat.

so do we or do we not call you fairy kat or have you changed you physical appearance to pixie?

how are you liking sheffield?

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I know an elf on HoP, they just travel in disguise when they are here...

*mysterious smile*

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I am in smelly and snowbound London not Sheffield.

My ears are kind of weird though so I suppose I could pass for a fairy if only I had some wings and was 5 foot smaller. It would be a bitch to try and not be stepped on going to work in the mornings though so being 5 inches would not really benefit me all that much! Then again I am Irish and a firm believer in the little people. I brought some poitin with me from Eire and after a few drops of that I will believe I am anything I want to be

oooh, Rozi has a secret! We have an elf in our midst. Tell all, or must their identity remain a secret?

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

wickedpixiemember
70 posts

Posted:

I always though pixies were half elfie half faerie.

I could be wrong though.

I mean, i'm tha twicked pixie, and my best mates are Gnonie Naomi and the Hairy sacrey techno faerie.

We travel in packs.

NEVER eat anything you can't spell.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I thought Pixies had been around the UK longer than faeries and were only to be found in Cornwall (and HOP of course!). But then again, every legend is different.

Elves were the elemental spirits of the land, sea and forest and unlike the naughty fairy and pixie are peaceful creatures who like music and dancing in the moonlight. Hmmm, bet they like poi too!

Have you read 'I was a teenage fairy' by Francesca Lia Block?

I love that book (although not as much as the Weetzie Bat books)

- W B Yeats

wickedpixiemember
70 posts

Posted:
Now I'm really confuzzled?

What am I if I like dancing in the moonlight and getting up to mischief?

I thought I was a pixie but perhaps I'm not?

Maybe I'm a goblin?

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Well I don't think that elves have the monopoly on dancing in the moonlight.

Or piskies on being pesky!

Do you like hoarding Gems - if so you may be a Goblin, especially if you like the underground.

So what would a pixie who likes dancing in the moonlight at an underground party be?

A Pilfin?

- W B Yeats

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
sorry wrong kat then.

wickedpixiemember
70 posts

Posted:
No gems what-so-ever!

I'm not a Goblin! Yay!

Wicked~Pilfin? Hmmmmmmmmm not sure! But thanks for the info!

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
quote:
There can be only one
But obviously there isn't, maybe I should change my name to She-ra! Thats the problem with having a name like Kathryn, there are so many of us. Gets confusing ne?

Pilfin just does not have a great ring to it does it. Think you should continue to be a wicked pixie!

- W B Yeats

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Jello wiggles under the full moon.

*wiggle wiggle*

Magickal_Kaleidoscopemember
119 posts

Posted:
well i am a proud gnome

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Is anyone a proper piskie?

quote:
Piskies (Cornwall)
There are a number of creatures particular to Cornish folklore, although their cousins can be found elsewhere in Britain under a different name and guise. One of these strains is the Piskie also known as a Pixie in other West Country counties.

The Piskie is a general name for a fairy race or tribe in Cornwall. In appearance they look like old men with wrinkled faces, and are small in stature with red hair. They dress in the colours of the earth especially green, using natural materials such as moss, grass and lichen.

Generally the piskies are seen as cheerful creatures with a prankish nature. They are said to be helpful but also mischievous, helping the elderly and infirm whilst sometimes leading the more able bodied traveller astray on the lonely moors. Many stories relate to travellers being led into the wild moorland to become hopelessly lost because of the Piskies.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I like to think of myself as a Silvernesti elf....
(Lets see who knows what Im talking about!!)

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Valura:
I like to think of myself as a Silvernesti elf....
(Lets see who knows what Im talking about!!)

Oh you didn't have to go far After a few years break I picked one of the newer books and sadly they're not doing so hot, than again, neither is any part of krynn.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I used to think I was a troll. Turns out it was just a random point on my ear (despite what the locals say behind my back )

Magic tends to flee the light of me, sadly, so I rarely get to see pixies.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Oh Jello you know what Im on about...I do miss the magik of Krynn...I have read the new books but they didnt give me as much of a thrill as the Dragon trilogy.... oh well....Im still an elvish wee lass...Shalafi

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Hey would a nyx count in this venue? Where has she been anyway?

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
It's getting kind of depressing, I'm hopeing something good happens in the third book of the war of the souls, is that out yet?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hrm... Nyx a pixie? I hadn't thought of that. I'm pretty sure she'd hit someone that called her that. And it would probably hurt.

If she is, she's a hardened, S+M type pixie. I think there are many other woodland creatures she'd identify herself with before pixie.

And I think she's out getting herself poked or lanced or pierced or scarred in some way. I'll get her butt to the green one of these weekends.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
I thought a nix was like a kind of water sprite or something like that and didn't know if that would count?

As long as she doesn't know about the reference I guess no harm,no foul?

*continues to blither on like an idiot as walks away*