• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > underhand butterfly help needed

Login/Join to Participate

Geeza
GOLD Member since May 2006

Geeza

addict

Total posts: 694
Posted:When I do butterfly with poi going forward (inwards) I can do thread the needle fine, usually starting with right slightly in front of left.

When I try this with poi going backwards (outwards) I have no idea how to make one hand go in front of the other. One just keeps knocking on my arm. I can do the butterfly fine and overhead (not underhand windmill yet though)

Is my brain just stuck at the moment with underhand thread the needle?

Delete Topic

GeoffonTour04
SILVER Member since Nov 2005

enthusiast

Total posts: 360
Posted:It's quite a bit harder than normal thread the needle. The biggest breakthrough I had was changing the dropping motion on the beat to a lifting motion, but I still can't get it with neat planes.

Delete

Intruder
BRONZE Member since Apr 2006

stranger

Total posts: 21
Posted:it will look wierd, and feel even wiereder when you finnaly do it, best thing I can suggest is Over exaggerate the initial few beats, heck even bring them out to nearly a Reel Position.

Delete

jonathan

enthusiast

Total posts: 210
Posted:maybe if you thought of it as one hand going behind the other?

its kinda the same as going in front except you have reversed everything.....

Delete

ZeroG
SILVER Member since Dec 2005

ZeroG

Friendly Fire Fiddler

Total posts: 103
Posted:The TTN planes fly different from a butterfly.

TTN inwards has the stabbing hand crossing above the other hand that is then pulled back below, TTN outwards has the stabbing hand crossing under the other hand that is then pulled back above.

TTN inward and outward have the stabbing hand piercing the plane and ending in front, difference is the over-under the arm.

Delete

Geeza
GOLD Member since May 2006

Geeza

addict

Total posts: 694
Posted:could anyone post a video is possible. Im sure there still other out there learning who are having problems with this. thanks

Delete