Forums > Videos > L.A.B. Reports - THE LAB v2.0

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
that he did - although i rekon we can still jump over it smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Makes naked Limbo a whole lot easier...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
jumpin' is what I do. tongue

neon: hug

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Meg...

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

hug

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I don't get it? Is that a threat? confused

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Only if you let it be...

I've seen with L.A.B 02 what you can do with scissors...

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
go ask will if it's a threat... ubblol
go on, ask him, if sissors and clippers are a threat to me! ubblol

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
You mean you REALLY did shave it? eek

Do you have pictures? Does your Kojak-like bonce feature in the Leeds 2 vid? If so I will have another look!

Regarding the 'threat' - you still have eyelashes don't you...? devil

Antti_EverythingGOLD Member
addict
446 posts

Posted:
Hola.. I just watched lab05 the second time.. Lot of things to learn from it. But i'd say your (you as in all of you) focus is too much on the tricks. I read your thoughts on how to improve your spinning and working more on the movement and getting tricks clean would definitely do you good.

And not necessarily even movement.. just the posture. If you look at the vid with focus on the body and not the staff then I don't know.. Just the tricks or their variations don't really impress me anymore. And even though this is not a performance or a routine video I'd want to see more than akward postures. I think with contact staff it should be as clean as possible. That's where the magic is.

To put it a bit harshly, all i could see at times was that you barely got some sort of a move and didn't have any control of your body. And that's like looking at somebody spinning poi as fast as possible without control.. except you didn't even have the fast spinning.

To put it more nicely, you all definitely got enough technique for something really good. But I think really to take contact staff to another level the focus should be more on getting tricks clean and thinking of ways to present them. And add a bit of personal style to it.

Definitely a lot of cool tricks there. So thank you for that.

Oh... miss video editor.. I know you sometimes have terrible taste in music but what the hell was the last song about..? I thought crap music was out of fashion. It was worse than the techno tunes on COL.

Point your toes.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I'm sometimes always working toward more clean-ness. But you have to understand antti, that some people aren't working toward a routine. Sometimes spinning is 'fun' too! Some people do it just for enjoyment! Crazy, I know.

I personally think the magic of contact staff is to get it beyond clean. Like CJ. But I also think that cleanliness comes with time too. I don't think you should stop learning and clean up. I think you should just practise more. smile

But if I seem defensive / aggressive in the previous I'm not. But I'm about to:

HOW can you not love that last tune! It's one of the best mashup's I've ever heard! It brings a smile to my face everytime I hear it... ahhhh. Cheesy music is the win.

And obviously not just chosen because of the line at the start and that it's all I had on my ishuffle at the time... it was chosen because IT KICKS ASS over crap teary gothy punk rock gayness songs that a certain finlander had over his routine.

addict
446 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

it was chosen because IT KICKS ASS over crap teary gothy punk rock gayness songs that a certain finlander had over his routine.

Whahaha.. No way would cheesy crap win over cheesy love songs..

I know you're not working towards routines. And I can see you getting a lot lot cleaner. And with the amount of tricks u have it scares the hell out of me.. wink

Fun?!?! What is that? No seriously I'm getting back to the fun of it also. Sometimes atleast. For the fun part your double staff spinning was more enjoyable to watch. More styling there also.

You know I'm just trying to get constructive..

Point your toes.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
yeah I know. I always put up videos of tricks and not style. I find tricks videos more interesting and more useful to learn from, cos I don't think you should learn other peoples style.

I'm currently enjoying doubles to the complete detriment of all contact. Which is a bit frown

I think everybody should remember the fun. It's very easy to forget with all the practising...

PS: That love song isn't cheesy. It's [censored]. There is a difference. biggrin

off to spin...

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Antti - all good points dude........ Meg does look rough and tim is shite and sandy well......... wink (finnish to english transillation wink :lol)

As meg said all spinners i know there spin for fun - only fun and then are lucky enough to get paid for having fun whichtakes the onus off learning a smooth precise style, the one thing i personally (and im sure i can speak for most hear) is something we all know and love about your spinning smile

I remember talking to you at the EJC i asked you why i never saw you "just playing" your answer was " i sit back and watch, study a move that i know will look good on stage, then i master it" which in turn has been a great way of developing your unique and so very watchable style......... ubblove

But dude, for feck sake, put the work down and come and join the kids in the playground wink biggrin

Look forward to "playing" with you sometime soon biggrin

ubbrollsmile

Oh and meg - im with Antti - that tune was fecking awfull!!! ubbloco

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
and chronos is just a frickin god. [censored].

Strugz: that tune is better than your life. You should be glad I didn't use the justin timberlake vs sting one... biggrin

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
i cant blieve you just compared my life to that tune - especially when using the word "better"

I want to retaliate i really do, i want to slag you down until you cry like a baby.....

But im not going to stoop to your level of abuse... i mean with that haircut and those trousers and that body and that face and those staff skills and that accent,........ well i dont have to wink

kiss

*awaits scottish verbal love*

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
well at least I'm not a total stoner... biggrin hug

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
is that the best you could do.........

i mean come on - you got a reputation to live up to round here! and thats the best you could do!

I used to think you kicked ass in the world of verbal insult....

you having a bad day or something?

hug

ok let me help you out a bit..

Meg you looked so wicked doing poi last time i saw you, much better than that crappy staff thing you do....... you stick with poi, coz poi are great and you look great with them! biggrin

ubbangel

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Strugz are you referring to those shoes in LAB02?

So when is LAB06: Leeds 3 happening...?

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
im not really refering to anything in particular......... just fishing for some good constructive insult...... ive been sat here a while now, law of averages says i should get a bite soon biggrin

Wheres GHC when you need him rolleyes

ubblol

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
In his own thread inviting a complete stranger (me) to a party. Really wants to make me come apparently... Strange boy...

Oh look, I have teeth too... biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I don't have that sort of verbal abuse relationship with you strugz! Sorry! I mean you're gay and all, but that isn't enough for us to reinforce our friendship through the use of a constant stream of verbal insults. That's why I was being nice to you.

See if you were teabags, that would be a different story, but you ain't, you're strugz. You don't even have a good name to take the piss out of.

You'll just have to live with me not insulting you. frown

now go put my red hat on, biyatch.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Awwww break the poor guy's heart why don't you? C'mere Struggles hug

What kind of tea bags do you have that you can extract urine out of them?

Milk and two sugars please...

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

You'll just have to live with me not insulting you. frown

now go put my red hat on, biyatch.

So maybe you have a point........ but i like insulting you, its given with love and care...... and as for our friendship, well what can i say - i ubblove you meg wink

and seeing as this is your thread and im a great believer in karma let me just balance things out:

Meg actually is one of the most creative / abusive and constructive staffers i know and the staffing world would be a much crappier place with a hell of alot less moves if she wasnt in it.

smile

I can be nice too.......

and ive got my red hat on - im going to be wearing that to sheffield to show you just how much i treasure my gift fom the great MCP ubbangel

hug

(didnt over do it did i? do i need a bit more abuse wink)

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
this thread is gay.

its somehow turned into strugz and meg stroking each other's sticks.

nice avatar edit by the way mr strugnell smile

and i'll see you next week little miss fancy sticks smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: coleman

this thread is gay.

its somehow turned into strugz and meg stroking each other's sticks.

YOU'RE GAY!!!!!!
'Hello, Pot? This is kettle... You're black!!' biggrin

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

whod have thought the wod Gay would be used again in this thread wink ubblol

thanks for providing the picture in the first place cole!

Ill be seeing you too tongue

& its not favortism or anything cole - you can stroke my stick too if you want biggrin ubblol

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I feel kinda weirded out. I need more abuse, where's antti when you need him? ubbloco

strugz: hug

cole:
Non-Https Image Link

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:

ubblol

biatch biggrin

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
this is me slapping you with a salmon:
Non-Https Image Link

addict
446 posts

Posted:
Strugz.. I remember our talk.. but I also did atleast 3 freespins in the firearea in EJC. And liked it. Crazy huh?

Sorry to bringing this thread back to constructive critisism..

The top poi spinners got their [censored] clean. Take Ronan for example. His doing it for fun but his style is sooo clean. And I love watching him play. But the top contact staffers look like me with poi.. I think there's something wrong there..

I guess I just don't look at videos or people spinning for tricks anymore. I get more inspiration from good style than just some tricks that I don't know. That's why I go to see circus and danceshows. But yeah.. that goes more again to the performance aspect..

Point your toes.

Page: ......