Forums > Videos > L.A.B. Reports - THE LAB v2.0

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I do? I thought I used Carl Orff's Gasser-hsdfuefihiaulfh which i thought was the part of the opera that Queer as Folk houseified as it's theme tune. Then for Strugz it was Black Cat White Cat from the film of the same name, for me I get around, which granted has been used in flight of the navigator... and dusty springfields windmills of your mind from breakfast on pluto... so I guess yeah okay mostly from moving pictures...

what was on lab 4? bjork, some IDM tune, the theme from the phantom menace... hmmmm.

yeah for me it's stand up STRAIGHT! (feeling like your being pulled up by your head) then belly in. (just in case) hesitate for a second to feel like a posh snob for a second, breathe out and begin spinning...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I did read somewhere that Hans Zimmer lifted the theme from somewhere so you might be right... But it really does sound like the tune at the end of 'True Romance' - very similar to the African tribal score of 'The Lion King' (which Zimmer also scored)

'Windmills of you Mind' was written for 'The Thomas Crown Affair' (the original)

Yeah, 'Phantom Mance' ('Duel of the Fates')... tends to figure alot in videos I've seen!

Bjork ubblove 'Bachelorette' was once described as 'Honorary Bond-theme of the year'

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
what do you mean might be? I lifted it off carl orff's carmina burana highlights album. Glockenspiel (/ Xylophone) for teh win! It's certainly not hans zimmer, who I thought was a bond villian? and if not, he should be. I don't remember it at the end of true romance, but when i think of christian slater I always think of pump up the volume, so it's no surprise.

had no idea about windmills, I thought they just wrote it to be arty and to give dusty something to sing...

bachelorette is a good steamroller of a tune...

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Fair enough! You Win! To be honest my knowledge of Classic music isn't as extensive as I'd like as I'm very particular and I don't know what I like until I hear it. With modern music you can search via genre but I don't have time to listen to classical FM to find one that clicks with me. I'll check out that Carl Orff CD on the basis of recommendation (who DOESN'T like Carmina Burana??)

'Hans Zimmer' - more like an old but deceptively deadly blond henchman!

I want to soundtrack my first video with 'Hyperballad'

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
you don't have a belly coleman, you have baggy t-shirts.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i miss my belly ubbcrying

goddamn you meg. i've started spinning staff again because of you and meast...

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
You're looking pretty spry in the above photos... biggrin

Too much matrixing has done weird things to my ab muscles... eek

yay! Become obsessed again mr blue! It's the way forward! biggrin

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
 Written by: bluecat

i miss my belly ubbcrying

i miss you ubbcrying

we have kittens waiting to meet you and everything...

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:
(adds her bit to already past tense rant)

Gabe is completely right, baton twirlers at the competition level are in a completely different league than us fire twirlers.

Allright, so I admit you could call their style totally gay, but at least they got style, and arent you guys just a bunch a gaylords anyway?

And honestly a number of the more modern style baton twirlers have a pretty nice style in my opinion. Like Alucera (er, probably spellt her name wrong), that girls got class! The combination of dance with hardcore contact is mesmerizing to watch.

I want to be a baton twirler! If only I had known back in highschool about the world competition level I would have joined up instead of always just making fun about them (if in the freak accident the one girl in my french class is reading this: I never personally dissed you, I give you props for wanting to support your trumpet playing boyfriend. I mean, prancing about like that in front of the whole school, that takes GUTS).

Dancing and poncing about like a girl? Um, well, I am a girl.

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
can you do a flaming backflip though...? tongue

entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:
Whats a flaming backflip? Is that like a flaming Homer?

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'

Chronofracture333Hobo Gaylord
329 posts

Posted:
Round our way It's a cunning way of rolling a "cigarette" with the absolute minimum of paper.

No Elvis.

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

"Oooh, what a shiny new move!"

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
and like a real back flip........... when it works you are a master...... when it doesnt, it just ends up a mess on the floor ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
i will speak with the "contact" scientists of leeds to see what sticks they can roll on film biggrin

ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

can you do a flaming backflip though...? tongue

I can smile

Love is the law.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
better than meg too eh Aiden ubblol

shhhhhhhhhhh wink

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
The other morning I did an ariel cart wheel over a chest high fence.

I wasnt trying to do an Ariel Cartwheel. Mostly because i cant do one. But I was running very fast and didnt really realise what was happening until it was too late.

I was also wearing these big flary fisherman pants so it all look very ninja ubblol Amazing what you can do if you've been up all night drinking champagne and firespinning. Best gig ever.

Been practising my forward somersaults too (thats the no hands on right?). Through a hula hoop... pretty cool...

Love is the law.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
yay! finally got to see them. most cool.

biggrin

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: bluecat

yay! finally got to see them. most cool.

biggrin

surely you mean - "way cool" dont you Rob wink biggrin

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hurrah... lovely vid mister mo-seph

x

Getting to the other side smile

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Ohh... and also lovely Uber vid... great to see Rob again (jesus christ, you're getting all skinny and stuff!!)

hug

Getting to the other side smile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Skinny or not, I happen to think Rob is rather cute ubblove

Need more of those '15 Hardest Poi tricks workshops'!

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
nice videos - thanks for that smile

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
jesus I leave for one week and this chat is what happens... le sigh....

329 posts

Posted:
We're just lost without you dear. tongue

But know that the chosen one has returned and will reveal unto us the true way of derailment...

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
dust. I'm still made of dust.

LAB 05 soon.... hmmmmmm.... 5..... after we film it in leeds. Hmmmmmm.

329 posts

Posted:
Just wait till you see the church. Multi level potential, spiral staircases, overhead angles, stained glass, candles.

ubblove

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I was thinking more like: so many contact staffers! Soooo many more hardcore new movements to film!

But I guess we could make it pretty too... ubbrollsmile ubbidea ubblol

329 posts

Posted:
In that case I'll get a paper bag ready for my head...

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
multiple paper bags with meast's face on them coming up...

Page: ...