Page:
IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Ok first of all this is not another 'what music do you like to spin poi too' thread if you mention spinning poi in here I will come find you and beat you over the head with a 2by4 because theres enough of those threads flaoting around, dont tell me about spinning I dont care (here)

Paris Hilton that er...classy young lady ( wink) is releasing a single at the end of July (or is it june) and an album a week later. Heres a link to a video of the initial single. I cant promise it will be up forever I did sort of steal the link from orange - music, next week it might turn into an interview with mcfly or something (groooan)

https://www.orange.co.uk/music/videos/203...etoprowsellleft

Its not as bad as I thought it would be, I imagined some whorish sexed up video involing the lovley Paris, 3 gallons of mud and a bikini draiped across a Mustang with a muscle bound 'hunk' getting off with her. Its actually a cute summery video (a little like 'Wish I' by Gem)

Im gonna get the single, and the album out of pure curiosity but I wont hold my breath. Shes better than most though I have to admit. Abit like Bonnie Tyler, but fresh sounding, not like a horse being strangled.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
but how do you know it's her voice?

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
It does come through as sounding like her in places once you listen (ive watched the simple life alot lol), I dont think its had much done too it there are parts where it sounds abit off? but maybie thats what she is going for, there are alot of singers like Rachel Stevens and Victoria Beckham whos voices are odviosuly completly done over, unless of course hers has been made to sound smokey

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
The tune is pretty cool and summery, the lyrics however are crap, and the fact that its Paris Hilton really makes it even worse.

Thumbs down!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Maybe renaming this thread would be a good idea too Joe since when I first saw it (like you said) I thought it'd be another one of the hundreds of music threads we have, which it isnt, and since your first post doesnt seem to be asking for other discussions on different 'It' people or anythign maybe just renaming it to Paris Hilton's music career or something ya know. smile I still think shes mental and even after that I don't find her the elast bit attractive either which is odd lol

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

say_cheeseSILVER Member
Brown
288 posts

Posted:
I agree the tune is summery, shame about the "singer" and i use that term very lightly. I guess she has the money to start a singing career but dont think its gonna go very far, think she will sell more just because of her "fame" rather than her singing....

Official Nutella Fan Club

Go Nutella!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
You'd be surprised how often that dosent work, Mini Driver's album didnt do any good at all, she has a really good voice though. Its just its nothing different when she sings so she just sounds like every other person in the charts.

Oh I have a question to ask, does anyone know the name of a model in the 60s (or around that era) who started to sing, but fell of the back of her bycicle and died lol, need too remember her name *taps head*

Oh and OMG has anyone heard some new stuff from Nelly Furtardo? - At first she was all like 'I wont take my clothes of for sales' at first I think she got alot for that but soon the interest died, now shes stripping naked and all sorts trying to flog herself ubblol

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
ubblol more like nelly retardo ubblol

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I think that song is good damned awful smile

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
redface better not do my workshop at play then! ubblol

Can't change it now so sod it!

and i actually like it!

Gayle.....!

7,193 posts

Posted:
joe............is there anyway we can splice our music threads.................i know as a mod on another site i could mearge threads...............seems a wast to have loasds of music threads

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Im not surw what you mean by splice, we could both put links to each others threads, so if anyone goes to this one they can go to yours, and if anyone finds yours they can go too this one.

I dont mind whos takes off, just as long as we get one standard thread for music instead of new threads everytime someone has a question and we end up with 400 little threads about bands and poi spinning music >_<

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
*ahem, cough cough*

Written by: PyroWill

Maybe renaming this thread would be a good idea too Joe since when I first saw it (like you said) I thought it'd be another one of the hundreds of music threads we have, which it isnt, and since your first post doesnt seem to be asking for other discussions on different 'It' people or anythign maybe just renaming it to Paris Hilton's music career or something ya know.

It was more the word "all" that confused me. confused
This isnt all things musical.
Its mainly just Paris Hilton.
No wait, it is just Paris Hilton! biggrin

To be honest, I pay about as much attention to pop music as i do to the Lichtenstien little retarded hamster choir.
Tiddleywinks on the other hand, im there. biggrin

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Brit_Joe

You'd be surprised how often that dosent work, Mini Driver's album didnt do any good at all, she has a really good voice though. Its just its nothing different when she sings so she just sounds like every other person in the charts.

Oh I have a question to ask, does anyone know the name of a model in the 60s (or around that era) who started to sing, but fell of the back of her bycicle and died lol, need too remember her name *taps head*

Oh and OMG has anyone heard some new stuff from Nelly Furtardo? - At first she was all like 'I wont take my clothes of for sales' at first I think she got alot for that but soon the interest died, now shes stripping naked and all sorts trying to flog herself ubblol

*cough cough* For those who need glasses.

I renamed it 'All Things Music' because the 'all' refers to the idea that you can talk abou anyone/thing lyrical or melodic here. There is no specific subject - With one exception, no poi spinning music is to be mentiond on pain of death spank

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
I prefer the Berzerker!!

(for those who don't know who they are, theyre a metal band with the fastest drummer in the world) peace peace peace

Why the -Censored- cant I put the word 'death' before the word metal

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UmbiliciformCraterOnFace

To be honest, I pay about as much attention to pop music as i do to the Lichtenstien little retarded hamster choir.

Don't be mean about the LichtenHams, they're my musical world...! a work of pure genius and expert hamster training ubblol

Paris Hilton on the other hand........ i can't even be bothered to make a comment.....

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Brit_Joe

I renamed it 'All Things Music' because the 'all' refers to the idea that you can talk abou anyone/thing lyrical or melodic here.

So this is sort of like all of the other non-poi music threads except exactly the same?

Perhaps there should be an "All the other things Music" to cover the stuff that's already been discussed before in other threads but is not covered in this thread.

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Speaking of which, what do y'all think of Madonna? wink wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Thats a good point actually, there is a documentery about her coming out in the not too distant future - I saw on msn music they where showing preview clips allthough I never looked at any of them.

I should find out when its on I dont want to miss it really

afghan_bingoSILVER Member
116 posts

Posted:
paris hilton shold be taken outside one of her overpriced hotels and shot, with rubber bullets, until she dies of severe internal trauma. FACT

we were somewhere near barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
No....

Death is too easy...

Feed her with McDonalds for 30 days. Or give her a job at McDonalds... Or any job for that matter. (With no cameras to play up to this time)

Show her what it means to WORK for a living...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Oooo... this thread has taken a pleasant turn...

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Who was it that said all hoppers where friendly? lol

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
hoppers ARE friendly, just not to people like Paris Hilton

7,193 posts

Posted:
also foud this...............

portishead NUMB

7,193 posts

Posted:
-----------------------BUMP----------------------

some phaatt psy-trance thanks FNI for putting me onto this site

https://metakinetics.com/mixes.html

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Omg posts, lol I thought this one was going to totally drown.

*racks brains for something musical* Gaahh

...isnt music...good biggrin

_Slater_member
32 posts

Posted:
is it just me or has paris hilton massively ripped off Kington Town by UB40?
as for her voice, you'd be shocked at the amount of things you can do to a persons voice if you have the time and the money. you can get them to record the same line 20-30 times, then take the best WORD from each take and auto tune it into tiny pieces. its shocking but what the hell, i'd quite happily sell out on my ideals and take the kind of money she'll be paying for sound engineers ubblol

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Yeah lol, but then again Rhianna took a huge sample from Tainted Love by Soft Cell, which would have helped its popularity.

Im dying to know if her voice is alterd much though, it would be such a spit in the eye for all the Paris Hilton bashers to find out it wasnt, we'll just have to wait for her to sing live somewhere. It would be so funny.

spudmonkeyGOLD Member
55 posts

Posted:
tanks for the links ravehead if you want more psy trance mixes there are some good ones here https://flowerpowder.over-blog.com/categorie-313045.html

Page: