Forums > Social Chat > How is the New Year treating you

Login/Join to Participate

The United ChainsOf Fire (Chris)member
24 posts

Posted:
So nearly a month into the New Year, all the hangovers have been slept off and your all still broke, how is life treating you?
This topic just occured to me last night as a took a rain check on my life at, present to be honest it aint great but hey!Oh and also how many of you kept your New years resolutions?

Everything other than lying down is officially Long(excluding, Poi, Sex ((if shes on top)) Smokes and Beer)I inventeed the HippoI was Frosty PoiStuff is cool

UCOF (emergency)member
129 posts

Posted:
yeh dude...not too bad tho...looking forwards to saturday....and i AM going to quit smoking (everything) after saturday. i need to...my throat cant hack it anymore

erm...this is only a temp account until i get home and get the password to my usual account...sorry (itsa still the same flipping wierdo though)

Magickal_Kaleidoscopemember
119 posts

Posted:
next year i should make some more sensible resoulutions ive already ate 200 minties , kicked a baby & had some sticky date pudding and im done.
rember the sky is the limit

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Well up until yesterday the year had been dreadfull. But I'm in a good mood today for some unknown reason so I'm obtimistic looking forward!!

Nothing could be as bad as last year anyway...

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
It's a bit wierd at the moment still...
Everythings kind of up in the air at the moment and nothings settling - just a bit too "vague" for me. Nothings really happening in the way I want it to and things are happening in places I want to stay the same.
So, all in all, I've had better years.
But - woo hoo - it's snowing in the UK again

The only resolution I made was not to die this year, and I've managed to keep it. I don't see the point of stopping something I enjoy, and nothing I do is bad for me really

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Hows this year been treating me? Well I've been treating my self with the respect that I deserve - I've not been clubbing or taken anything other that what nature intended And I can tell you my life is bloody marvellous! New ventures all over the place, jobs, people and possibly a bit of lurvin (at last I pinned him down after nearly 2 years!)

For me so far it's been great - example - bumped into the school b*tch that bullied me at school.. we had a quick chat - we compared lives and I'm soooo glad I'm me!! she didn't seem very happy with her life - isn't Karma great. I'll stop gloating now or it my karma may change..

[ 31. January 2003, 03:39: Message edited by: MisStix ]

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
well i done 3 outta 4 of my resolutions so im there for single have to say it felt veeeeeeery weird at first but im actually real happy now ive got laodsa time to spend with my friends, my poi and my erm.....homework he he he much love to you all

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

Dr.NoodleHeadBRONZE Member
170 posts

Posted:
Hmmmmm, bit of a roller coaster really. Some times have been too stressy, too intense or too dull or just plain heading off sideways in a direction I don't want to go.

Other times have been warm, beautiful, rewarding, mind-expanding, exciting, comforting or simply full of a peaceful happiness.

Guess that's life

Fish are just like trees except they move and they're invisible

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
a few things could be better, a few things could be worse, but generally incredibly well, thankyou.

Pyro_TechCrazy Nutter stuck in Farmidale...
264 posts

Posted:
hhhmmm....
Most of my New Years resolutions were about how I wanted this year at college to be and the changes I think I need to make to get there...I only start back at college next week for a month of RA training - so there's still hope for me yet with those resolutions...!

I've broken one of the two other ones - I resolved to fight with my bro and mother less.....I have been getting on pretty unusually well with my bro since Christmas - but my Mum is pretty stressed out with a new job lately so we've been fighting even more than we did last year...
*sigh* I'll keep at it.....
Rach

We all take different paths in life, but no matter which path we take, we take a little of each other everywhere...

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
This year is going to be wicked, Its started of pretty dam cool.

Am in Inida for the whole year and into the next . Its hot, the

people are lovely , the foods great, am heading south to work in a few

days. Its all good.
Non-Https Image Link

cheers for askin' chief

safe

[garbo]
Non-Https Image Link

be excellent to each other: safe:

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Even though that i don't beleive in new year's . So far it's been pretty cool got to spend some time with my mum and sister's . I feel better about myself and im improveing reguraly with all my fire toy's . And im starting to come out of my shell to .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk