coconutnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
I'm new here and was wondering how you can go about making your own staff/s? What is the correct or appropriate length that a staff should be?

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
[url=https://www.homeofpoi.com/articles/How_to_Search.php] learn how to search [/url] wink it saves you waiting time and cuts down repetative threads.

try looking [url=https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB8&Number=305747&Forum=All_Forums&Words="how%20to%20make%20a%20staff"&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=269508&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=0&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post305747] here [/url] or maybe [url=https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB7&Number=135697&Forum=All_Forums&Words="how%20to%20make%20a%20staff"&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=135692&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=0&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post135697] here [/url]

good luck

*wanders off to make a contact staff* biggrin

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
arg, my linking is playin up and i have to go out, i'll try and sort it out this evening. +9 hours from nows.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

afghan_bingoSILVER Member
116 posts

Posted:
ill give you a few titbits, generally a normal staff should come up to your shoulder (although it really is preference how long you have it) you can use either doweling, pretty much a broom handle (which i do and its lasted two years and had a lot of abuse) or you can go for aliminium tubing. for the handle a tennis raquet grip works wonders and theyre only around £2. if you want to make a fire staff i cant be bothered to go into that right now, but it aint too hard.
this probably is the least helpful post, but hey ho

we were somewhere near barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

coconutnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
thankyou afghan bingo! I have some doweling, and will cut it to length. I actually want to have sparkly streamers coming off each end..

Invader XanSILVER Member
Your friendly neighbourhood mad scientist
479 posts

Posted:
meditate

I made a staff out of a broom handle, some red paint and a bit of zinc oxide tape for grip. Works pretty well too.

Sparkly streamers are a cool idea. Will look good in sunlight. smile Try using some UV reactive paint too!

"Love the art in yourself and not yourself in the art."
--Konstantin Stanislavisky