ChimneyBRONZE Member
85 posts

Posted:
Hello. I was just playing about with butterflies all over my body and I started to enjoy doing the behind the back inwards butterfly. Does anyone else use this move?

You start doing an inwards butterfly then you cross both your arms to the oppososite hip, this should make them go behind you and it's just fun. I just noticed this was not in the lessons section and thought I'd share it with some people who don't know it.

Is it possible for me to make a lesson to go in the lessons section for this?

Chimney

Tom_ShillSILVER Member
enthusiast
213 posts

Posted:
So are your arms crossed in front of you, with your left hand behind your right hip and vice versa? If so, someone please correct me if this is wrong, then what you've got is a butterfly crosser type move. Also, when the poi go behind your back in this move they end up spinning outwards because you've effectively done a turn with each poi whilst keeping your body still. To do a stadard BTB inwards butterfly just do a normal inwards butterfly in front of you, then move each hand behind the hip on its own side (left hand behind left hip etc) with a scooping motion similar to in a low turn. Just had a go at the one you described, if I've read it right, and it's quite interesting, but a bugger to keep in plane! Definately worth a play with though. You could mix it up by crossing one hand over the shoulder and the other behind the hip on alternating sides, that makes it slightly easier to control. Thanks for an interesting idea smile.

Will those capable of telekinesis please raise my hand?

ChimneyBRONZE Member
85 posts

Posted:
Ok, it does seem to go outwads. I'm silly redface. I was just reading my book and it was just saying try doing stuff with your hands crossed and in awkaward places. This was fun.

Tom_ShillSILVER Member
enthusiast
213 posts

Posted:
Yeah fair play man, it's good stuff to be practicing. You can get some ace patterns going just by throwing the odd circle over your shoulder or behind a hip etc, and doing crazy stuff with both hands like this will really free up the way you can move with your poi smile

Will those capable of telekinesis please raise my hand?