Page: ...
CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
Hello

Now with the glorious weather, (let’s hope it stays) I am looking to meet people who live or would like to spin in or around Camden. We could share knowledge and have some fun. Hopefully make some new friends. Or if any one knows any groups or anything that would be great thank you!

EDITED_BY: CmkB (1178194371)

weavesmiley

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Hi wavehello

I'm based in Barnet, but I know Camden fairly well! I could use some new spinning mates, all of mine were from Uni, and they all live in Staffordshire now (boo).

I'm sure there are some groups, there's that juggling shop on the corner by the lock and I've seen people spinning outside it. Worth a look, certainly!! weavesmiley

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
Hello, Yes I know Oddballs. They spin out there to get people in the Shop. I have asked in there and they sudgested to post an ad here. we can start our own little group, or just find Spinning friends. smile

weavesmiley

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Get yourselves to clapham common! biggrin

Check out the events thread and look at the Clapham 06 thread. Good bunch of people meet up there. They're all lovely.

smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
ditto CLapham is the place to be biggrin

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
F8ck crapham wink

[Old link] is the sh!tz biggrin

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Quality, cheers peeps! biggrin

I'll check out both of those! Any of you lot going to PLAY?

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Yep bounce
Are you? biggrin

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Hell yeah. biggrin

I can't wait to meet ya'll! beerchug

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
I went to Spitz once but I unfortunately can not do Tuesday Evenings. I plan on checking out Clapham this weekend hopefully there will be people there. But I would still like to find some people if its a nice eve or Saturday or something that want to go for a spin in Camden. Thank you all for you information. I hope to see you Sunday.
Carla weavesmiley

weavesmiley

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
I'm definitely up for spinning in Camden, it's much easier to get to for me than Clapham! Plus the shops rock... I'm a bit busy next few weekends so I won't be at Clapham this weekend, but I'll definitely come down soon! I'll post up here when I'm free for further organizational madness...

Take care!! biggrin

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
just drop a line when you'd like to meet up for some spinning fun. Next week/weekend I am going home. I hope the weather stays. At least for tomorrow to spin in Clapham. ubbrollsmile

weavesmiley

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Will do! I'm at Play next weekend anyway, but I'll probably be around the weekend after. I'll PM you if I'm about. Have fun! smile

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
The week after there is supposed to be a big 2 day meet 1 and 2 of July in Clapham, the Northern line all the way down. If people show I hope it will be good. I went Sunday there were 5 people in total. All very nice so there is a hope there. But I would like to meet people from around here who fancy a spin in the eve some time or on a saturday or something. C'mon! i know your out there!!! Camden, Islington, Kings Cross, Regents Park, Swiss Cottage, Archway, Chalk Farm, Kentish Town people!!! I know your out there. ubblol

weavesmiley

TinksSILVER Member
foxyninjatwinkletoes
177 posts

Posted:
Hey guys,
I don't live in London but I work at London Bridge and I know Camden, would love to hook up with you all and learn some new tricks (i am an extreme novice)
Is anyone arranging a camden spin soon?
Tinks xx

May the wind always be at your back and the sun always upon your face, and the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
If I can Get people. and they will come. when the weather is good. I think we can do it at anytime. share the knowledge. devil

weavesmiley

TinksSILVER Member
foxyninjatwinkletoes
177 posts

Posted:
Sweet.
I know a spinner or two at work, will spread the word....
needs to be sunny and preferably a saturday.
Who else is up for it???
let me know if you come up with a date
Tinks xx ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

May the wind always be at your back and the sun always upon your face, and the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
I was told there is a big meet in Clapham on the 2ond. I would like to meet near or around Camden. I will pick a nice warm sunny Saturday and post it here. I will also put something up at oddballs! bounce

weavesmiley

TinksSILVER Member
foxyninjatwinkletoes
177 posts

Posted:
yay nice one cmkB, will keep checkin here to see when we're spinnin
anyone else in london or anywhere come along!!!
Bring more Haribo sour mix!
Tinks x

TinksSILVER Member
foxyninjatwinkletoes
177 posts

Posted:
come on peeps it'll be fun
ps anyone wanna spin on the beach at brighton too?
i'm there sunday, possiblee juggle biggrin weavesmiley

CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
Beach........ cool when......... I have never been to Brighton. Sunday should be cool. But really it suprises me that not that many people in the north London area want to spin near or around here. we could do Regents Park, Hamstead, Angel, Archway whatever or rotate it.

weavesmiley

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
I'm back from Play! My arms ache a bit now... What a weekend though. Anyway, I might well pop up to Clapham this weekend, if anyone else is going.

I'm about next weekend too if anyone fancies spinning in Camden? cool

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
Oh play you lucky thing!!!. I will be putting a notice at oddballs for people to come on here if they want to spin in Camden. and then we can do something on the Sat. I will be in Clapham Sunday and perhaps I will pop in after i do some things Sat. hopefully there will be tons of people there.

weavesmiley

CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
Saturday the 8 of July
Will be the 1st Camden Spinning meet!!!!!
We have at least 4 people coming so come on and bring your friends.
shall we meet at oddballs??? around 5??!!
go to the Camden Gardens Park or any other green space we can find. we could even go to Regents Park. if you have any suggestions let me know!! time place etc....... juggle weavesmiley

weavesmiley

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Wicked!! I'll be there. Oddballs at 5 sounds good. I'll see who I can bring, I know at least 1 person round here into spinning. Yay! Spinning meet! weavesmiley

This is going to be funtabulous!! biggrin

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
There is now a poster in the window at oddballs.
the more the merrier!!!!

weavesmiley

carzynessnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Hey dude!!!

Ive just moved to camden and would really like to have someone to spin with and may be learn from and share stuff and just have some fun wit poi so give me a shout whenever and ill be there, would make a nice change from the pub which i do most days and nights with my work mates who although are ace people only one is willing to try poi!! hope to see u soon ness.

CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
Well come to our 1st Camden meet smile

juggle
Saturday the 8 of July
We have at least 4 people coming so come on and bring your friends.
we will meet at oddballs at 5!
weavesmiley

If you plan on playing with fire bring your own fuel and safety stuff.
devil

weavesmiley

lilith_in_londonSILVER Member
149 posts

Posted:
Hands up to Cmkb! Had thought about this many a times, I will definitely come and bring some friends... Yey ubbrollsmile

Incidentally, whats the deal with spinning with fire in camden parks? We do it surreptitiously next to my house, wanted to try parks but wasnt sure...

Cool, see you then

c'est pas nous qui sommes à la rue, c'est la rue kétanou!

1st official camden town (uk) meet 21st october! see the events bit

carzynessnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Hey guys!

Im so glad people are finally meeting in camden to spin, I live there and would love to spin with someone other than myself!! just a shame im on hol from 8th-19th but ill def be ther or any meet ups after that xx

solar_bearSILVER Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
Well done, CmkB clap

Possibly a bit far north for me to attend regularly, but I'll certainly be along sometime. Saturday is about the one regularly-free day left in my week at the moment, so good timing there smile I'll spread the word.

Not sure how many "official" friends you'll make if you try spinning fire in the parks, tho'.

It may stop, but it never ends.

Page: ...