Page: ...
CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
Hello

Now with the glorious weather, (let’s hope it stays) I am looking to meet people who live or would like to spin in or around Camden. We could share knowledge and have some fun. Hopefully make some new friends. Or if any one knows any groups or anything that would be great thank you!

EDITED_BY: CmkB (1178194371)

weavesmiley

denizBRONZE Member
7 posts

Posted:
hello people!

i should be coming this saturday at 5 so be there!
will bring a couple of people along too hopefully but we're pretty useless.

see ya.x

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Yay, loads of peeps! This is going to wicked. bounce I'm really looking forward to meeting you all. Hope the weather holds up... cool

Well done for setting it up, round of applause CmkB! clap smile

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
Nice one!! smile

I am glad to see so many people willing to spin this sat in Camden!!!

I am really pleased. biggrin

I have asked about places to spin esp. with fire, the general thing that I got from the police and park people is as long as we do it safely, make sure kids and passers by can not get in our way, not do it in dangerous areas, set Camden alight. We should be fine. lets see how many people turn up and we will go to a location based on that, any ideas please let me know!! and thanks to all the peeps at oddballs for letting me put up a poster and giving me ideas and stuff.

I really hope that it wil be fun for all!!!

juggle weavesmiley

weavesmiley

CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
ok guys...........
the time you have all been waiting for is in 24 hours!!!!
that is............

The 1st Ever Camden Spinning Meet!!!!! (yeaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!) wow

this will be a trial and error meet I am by no means a professional, I am a student who,........................ likes to spin. ubbrollsmile

So. we will have a good time.
We will spin weavesmiley
and spin..............juggle

feel free to bring anything you want:
EG: Water, Cola, lucky goldfish, Snacks, Friends, Picnic, Obscure relations, or what ever.

I hope to see you all. 5pm in front of oddballs in Camden tomorrow!!!!!
I look forward to meeting you all.

Please any comments or ideas or anything let me know to make the next better!!!!!!!!! thankx

weavesmiley

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Woohoo! bounce weavesmiley

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Godammit!!!
Would've missed it by a day!

You guys wouldn't happen to be spinning the following weekend or any day in between?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

denizBRONZE Member
7 posts

Posted:
hi people,

i just realized my friends birthday is on saturday so i'm gonna have to miss this one but will definitely come to the next one if there is one. everyones born in bloody summer!sorry:(

xx

CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
We will see how it goes. Those who come please post your comments and things here. I hope all goes well tomorrow. I look forward to seeing you all. I hope we can arrange more meets once a month or when ever while the weather is nice (tolerable) bounce

weavesmiley

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Well, I'm just setting off! Hope to see everyone there! grouphug

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
OK, 1st spinning meet has taken place! Yay! Only problem? Only me and CmkB showed. Round of applause! wink

We had ourselves a damn good spin though. And Carla's found us an ACE location, it will be quality for making vids in. Can't see a problem with fire either... so, we need to set up the next one when we know a few more people are up for coming.

OK, we could have scheduled it for when the world cup final wasn't on..... but hey, how many spinners do YOU know that rave about football?? Haven't seen a footy thread on here yet. umm

So, bearing that in mind, when is everyone free for the next one? Bwahahaha! biggrin

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
Thanks Sam,
We should have another try soon.
But come on........ Lets get loads of people there.
We had a blast yesterday though. smile You all missed it.
So the question is who is up for another one some Saturday???? confused

weavesmiley

CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
Well. When are people free on a Saturday and I will arrange another Spinning meet in Camden. i will put up another sign in the window at Oddballs and hope more people will come.
What is a good Date for most people........................?????????
Will people come???????????????? confused

weavesmiley

lilith_in_londonSILVER Member
149 posts

Posted:
Yes, I will... sorry about not showing, but there was fierce competition from the London Rise! festival and whatnot. Didn't think I'd have another chance to see the Wailers live ever again.

Also, (and not that it makes a difference to me personally) it may be easier to get people if it's a day other than sat as there seem to be always loads of things happening.

See you next time!

c'est pas nous qui sommes à la rue, c'est la rue kétanou!

1st official camden town (uk) meet 21st october! see the events bit

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
I totally forgot about Rise. Oops... Anyway, I'll be about this weekend if anyone's interested... (22nd/23rd). cool

Generally I can do Friday, Saturday or Sunday, but Saturday is the best day for me. Let me know! We'll see what happens.

That said, trying to organize HoPpers to do anything is like trying to herd cats... wink hug

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

solar_bearSILVER Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
I'm 99% certain to be in Camden this Saturday (22nd) and would love to meet up for a spin, if anyone else is up for it.

Any point in me mooching around outside Oddballs from around 4.45 for half an hour, just on the off chance?

It may stop, but it never ends.

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Hell yeah, I'll come down. I don't think I'm busy this Saturday, although I'm still recovereing from Glade and the insane heat.... cool

4.45 is cool.

Who else is in then? Go on, you know you want to..... wink biggrin

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

carzynessnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
I know exactly how you ve been feeling!! Glade was ace! my first time this year and definaltely going again! Seems that every one that went had such a good time, a shame about no fire but who needs it with all the pretty glowy stuff!
Look forwards to the next meet

carzynessnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
4.45 is good for me but ill have to see what my visitors are up to, ill try and get them to come!!!

solar_bearSILVER Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
OK, fine - I'll be there at 4.45. Look for the tall bloke with short, greying hair and beard in a black leather waistcoat and hippie pants, carrying a black rucksack.

I'm expecting to meet up with a few other spinners this evening, I'll see if I can persuade any of them to come along smile

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Groovy! Look for the short skinny dude with a goatee. I'll probably be wearing an Ozric Tentacles T-shirt of some kind.... cool

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
so 4:45 at oddballls, I will try to be there. are you guys going to.......... the spot........ i can met you there, if I dont see you at oddballs.
I will be going to clapham if others will come

weavesmiley

solar_bearSILVER Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
I don't know.......... the spot........ wink

Failed to hook up with people this evening, but hopefully it will be me plus one and possibly two others.

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Aaahhhh, the mysterious......spot......

*waves hands around in spooky fashion with sinister music*

umm wink

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

solar_bearSILVER Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
It's belting down with rain here at the moment, but I'm going to head on up anyway; it's only a shower.

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Edit
EDITED_BY: SamboFlux (1153578355)

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Right, It's absolutely chucking it down here, and I've just remembered a bunch of mates are meeting up later, so I'm going to give this one a miss. Sorry peeps, until next time!

rolleyes

Yeah, I know, I'm lame.... for anyone that doesn't know the place, from Oddballs, cross the main street and take the street directly opposite Oddballs. Follow it down, and round to the right, and you should see a bridge with a small park underneath on the left side. Under the bridge is the place. Have fun!! smile

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
sorry i was working and it was pouring! next time I promise!!!!!! sorry guys!!!
i will be there tomorrow If others will be there!

weavesmiley

solar_bearSILVER Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
I have to say that I was just a teensy little bit miffed about being stood up frown

Never mind, I got over it, it didn't rain and the two of us managed to find a nice, friendly venue, with an enclosed garden space (and a bar) where we could have a little spin and shoot a couple of things for the record. There's a faint chance they may be amenable to future sessions (no fire, though) - I can ask if you like.

Just one suggestion for keeping it going (and I hope it does keep going): Have a set time each week when you declare the spin officially ON or OFF. This is what the organisers of the London street skates do, via their websites. They leave it until around three hours before a skate is due to start before making the call and even if it rains after that, somebody usually goes down to say "No Go" in person.

Best of luck with it. Hope I get to see .......... the spot........ someday smile

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Apologies for the no-show Solar, I feel pretty bad... redface

Good idea about having an on-off time. It's still in the early stages so we don't really have anyone organising for definite, but that sounds like a really good plan. smile

Carla: Can't make it down tomorrow, have to give a music tech lecture. Next few weeks are fairly busy, but I'll post up when I'm free again. smile

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
I am sorry too my work placement does pretty much what it wants to with me, without any notice. frown the joys of being a student.
This is very much in its baby stages. I hope it will take off to be a big fun meet. I am around this weekend but the following 2 i will be too busy.

weavesmiley

Page: ...