Forums > Social Chat > never practice poi inside

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
SaBBaSenthusiast
215 posts

Posted:
yes, trust me on that one, i've just broken a oriental looking ceramic plate... and i'm really stressed trying to put it together before my parents notice, it's broken in 3 pieces and it won't assemble right AND i cut myself a bit with it and noticed it when i felt my fingers start to get sticky and i looked at the back of the plate and had to start cleaning the blood that was semared all over it... i don't like these moments when everything starts going wrong at the same time...
it's the typical thing you think won't happen, until it does...
well, at least they weren't lit

what are the worst things you've broken, burnt or destroyed in any way by practicing in places you just knew you shouldn't?? just curious, i need to know that i'm not the only "butter-fingers" out there...

Don't you destroy your enemy by making him your friend?? - Rev Bem (Magog), Andromeda

tenticleenthusiast
275 posts

Posted:
Nowt wrong with indoor poi... teaches good plane control. Luckily, we have high ceilings (and paper lampshades). Our kitchen's got a bit that's about the right size.
Saying that, I have killed a plate (first day with a staff. never _learn_ staff indoors. once you get better it dosn't matter so much) and a brand new unopened jar of my housemates dads homemade marmalade. Oh, and one of the paper lamp shades. Took several hits, but once you've got it once it starts to hang lower and lower until... well, it's still up, and it still shades the lamp, but only because it's quicker to get a chair and delicatly balance the coil of wire and paper that it's turned in to than it is to buy a new one.

Roll on summer, then we can go outside without fourteen layers of thermal clothing getting in the way of things...

Oh, and a soapstone incence burner.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
 Written by: SaBBaS

yes, trust me on that one, i've just broken a oriental looking ceramic plate...

what are the worst things you've broken, burnt or destroyed in any way by practicing in places you just knew you shouldn't??

just curious, i need to know that i'm not the only "butter-fingers" out there...

*bump*

shrug rolleyes I'm a virgin wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
I've managed to destroy a few lampshades and a half full glass of water but thats the worst of it

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

BurdaASILVER Member
Sacrebleu
377 posts

Posted:
My laptop the first day I started spinning frown but nothing since biggrin Oooo except a strip lightbulb. That was pretty bad. Very shattery

Poi(poi~y) n. : A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.
- part owner of Wooktastic™ ©

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
the hole in my lampshade keeps getting bigger...heeheeheee

if i could be a busy busy bee...

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
practicing staff in the living room, i did some horizontal thing, hit a glass which flew into a wall and broke. was pretty hilarious actually ubblol

spinning poi in the living room (see a pattern here?), my dad came by with a plate full of fruit, and as usual didnt ask me to stop when he went by me. I giant-windmilled the plate to the floor tongue

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Ah, there's nothing like a good broken lightbulb shower first thing in the evening. Takes me back to when I was first learning and had a few...

(Is my poi any better now? No, I just got better at dodging)

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Clubs are the worst for spinning inside. You have to find space where there's no-one around you and nothing above you.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

272 posts

Posted:
or hoop......my hoop isnt really a hoop....its a weapon of mass destruction! my house mates have banished me to the park with it :P

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
what are you guys on about????

mental, hello! its winter!

ALWAYS practice indoors, dont be gettting sniffles now. Posessions get in the way of juggling anyway.

biggrin

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

272 posts

Posted:
i have amazingly bad spacial awareness. i just zone out of the world when im playing with my toys and then things get broken.

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
I managed to destroy the light fitting on the verandah at my last place frown

Oh and smashed a coffee perculator that was sitting on my bed by dropping a club on it frown

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

Amanda13BRONZE Member
91 posts

Posted:
I broke the inside of a light (not the light) with glowsticks.

drvarietySILVER Member
75 posts

Posted:
heh. When I was learning i was using these glowsticks, ad I would go absurdly fast and controlled with them. Made quite a few marks on my wall... and some paintings... and come to think of it anything with in a ten foot radius of my spinning... heh

There is nothing to be afraid of. Virtual reality will eventually rehabilitate your mind and eventually your body. Everything will be allright, i promise. Just concentrate. Try some music.

Page: