CAN WE BEAT SCIENCE BY RELIGION.

jim bombadilmember
142 posts

Posted:
Why?

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Jim is half right, why are you shouting IE all caps, and why is this posted in the intro portion hehe there is a main forum for things like this

No worries though, people make mistakes. Ask around I am a big maker of mistakes, so believe me I know how they happen.

Anyhoo... science can prove religion and it can also be disproven by religion and science. Its an amazing thing.

You can use your enimies weapon against him at times.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
science and philosophy overlap. religion covers both areas.

there is no 'beating' to be done (unless you're on a crusade/jihad). your faith is a completely personal choice whether you put it in a religion, science or a group of philosophical arguments.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hey, I didn't know it waz a competition. Suggest that waz ya first mistake

Science, religion? Who cares ?

I thought it waz all about understanding

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Arrrrgggggh, This is Intro's...........

Call it Monday argumentative bastard time but.........Do NOT get me started on religion.

Never before has anything been responsible for so much suffering, so much pain, so many deaths and so much brainwashing and imprisonment of the human soul.

Beat Science with religion?

You had your chance, and religion had it's time (and continues to have it's time among the more undeveloped/uneducated countries), people are evolving, questioning what is around them and less and less people are reliant on religion shielding them from the unknown.

People are adapting to change, and people are adapting to life.
People are less ignorant, are more in control of their own destiny and less susceptible to people feeding them bull-shit.

I wont knock anyones religion, beliefs or decisions. Everyone is entitled to their own direction in life and anything else they desire.
People are born free, religion takes that freedom away. My view, and my belief is that it takes away peoples freedom to change and to form their own opinions.
My view is that it is an excuse to herd the masses like sheep into a common direcrtion, which while neccessary during the 1st century isn't neccessary now, and is dangerous to diversity and new culture.

you wanted a debate point of view.

Can someone move this into the appropriate section please?

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by SmallBoy:

I wont knock anyones religion, beliefs or decisions.

thats exactly what you're doing

Not that I think thats a bad thing.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Nah, that was knocking everyone's religion, not just anyone's

I agree, not necessarily a bad thing.

edit... Oh, and if religion beats science, what's going to happen when the Borg turn up eh?
I doubt praying will help

[ 21. January 2003, 00:27: Message edited by: TheBovrilMonkey ]

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

3,149 posts

Posted:
When the borg show up then RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

jim bombadilmember
142 posts

Posted:
i don't know how to do that flash quotey thing so i'll do it this way

continues to have it's time among the more undeveloped/uneducated countries
this sentence I think is silly every place is as developed as any other since time started for everyone some time before anyone can remember people have just gone on differnt paths many seem alot 'better' than where evolotion has stuck me.

People are less ignorant, are more in control of their own destiny and less susceptible to people feeding them bull-shit.

No theyre not

My view is that it is an excuse to herd the masses like sheep into a common direcrtion, which while neccessary during the 1st century isn't neccessary now, and is dangerous to diversity and new culture.
Why would it be 'neccessary' then. It is obviously still seen as necessary to many people now. I think these people are also silly.
science is very intersting but very silly
religion is very interesting but also very silly
Most people are very very silly thats why they like science and religion.

2,737 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm, OK, most of that was 1st thing in the morning ranting.

Bovril mate, you're right I would pop at one particualr religion....they're all as valid as each other, I just think the fundamentals are all wrong

After much caffeine, I'm equally tired and less respnsonsive to reason......so.....

By developed I mean technologically....as in whereby you spend less time having crap things happen to you & which you need to explain and less time knowing and caring f*ck all about "where the rain comes from" etc etc....

When I said "People are less ignorant, are more in control of their own destiny and less susceptible to people feeding them bull-shit.

No theyre not "

Yes they are:- you go back 500 years and try getting someone to take an injection.
You go back a 1000 and they're trying to cure your illness by smashing a f*cking great rock over your head to release the demons.
The fact that every time they did this some poor cunt died is irrelevant.....they were right and that person was going to heaven dead or not.
Go back 20 years and tell someone we'll be carryuing around mobiles, 70 years and tell someone about cable TV.

If you try to convince someone the world was round 3000 years ago you would have been killed by in intolerant no-nothing tosser who thought that by threatening his belief system you should be killed, and yet today we have free discussions about the theories of the universe and everyone enjoys the sharing of ideas.......

People carry a lot more info around than they did 2000 years ago, which allows them to formulate more accurate opinions about things.

People had no answers so everything came back to religion, and doing what everyone else said was a good idea, no-one questioned the way things were and what to do about it.

Religion is also dying out - extremely f*cking slowly but the more technologically advanced the country, the less percentage of devout religious peeps they have compared to other parts of the world. Compare this to where people were 500 years ago or even 100 years ago and you can see the comparison.

Religion is the only thing outside of Xenophopia and Greed that has EVER caused a war.
And the three are normally just an excuse for each other......

it's also becoming a hard and fast excuse for a lot of shit that people are getting away with in this country because everytime someone of ANY kind of ethnic minority comes against the law (or generally anything they don't like) they play the "racism" card......"hey man, you're f*cking with my beliefs......it's because I'm a muslim and we've got a bad rap".....I'm starting to get mighty tired of all of it.

If you believe in "God", no matter which one(s) then you should let your beliefs guide your moral code, accept everyone else for their failings and get the f*ck on with your life.
HOW CAN YOU JUSTIFY KILLING PEOPLE FOR GOD???
No-bodies God "Hates" the sinners and the non-belivers and I studied all the major religions at school......at no time does one turn round and say "Yes, it's right to go lead a crusade on Bethlehem, kill all the native muslims and claim the land as Christian".....F*ck off Richard the Third you robbing, thieveing bastard.

F*ck off to whoever it is that is killing each other at the moment.
F*ck off, all of you!!!!!!!! - arrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

(*Bangs head against wall, kicks over an ashtray and goes off for a virtual fag*)

****Sorry dude, I had to edit your original post to include "f*ck" so HoP doesn't get an x-rated rating. Cheers... Charles

[ 28. January 2003, 22:39: Message edited by: Charles (INFERNO) ]

jim bombadilmember
142 posts

Posted:
you go back 500 years and try getting someone to take an injection.
You go back a 1000 and they're trying to cure your illness by smashing a fucking great rock over your head to release the demons.
not everyone
anyway whats so clever about the way they dose people up nowerdays

Go back 20 years and tell someone we'll be carryuing around mobiles, 70 years and tell someone about cable TV.
WE HAVE CABLE TV WE ARE OBVIOUSLY SUSTIBLE TO BULLSHIT

sorry i'm just being argumentitive also

3,149 posts

Posted:
actually, twenty years ago I would easily have believed we'd be carrying around mobile phones in the year 2003.

To be honest, I was expecting jet-boots and robot butlers

2,737 posts

Posted:
true, curing too many people and extending life expectancies the way they do and soon we'll be overpopulated and starving each other.

All I'm saying is that people should be nicer to each other.

Arguments are good, they point out flaws.

What's the first person for "to debate"?
Debatee or something?

My own formed opinion is that religion is common day brainwashing though.
Prove it exists and it exists, I have no need for faith to get me thru my day.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
GROUP HUG!!!!

wheres that bloke who started this? is he cowering in the corner? erm...nope...so where has he gone?

he was silly.....

and im sure i posted here...but i cant find it..