Forums > Social Discussion > Does the US Army Deserve Praise?

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I was in another forum and I saw this message..

Written by:

BAGHDAD, Iraq — Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the Al Qaeda in Iraq leader who led a brutal insurgency that included homicide bombings, kidnappings and beheadings, was killed in an airstrike on a building north of Baghdad, U.S. and Iraqi officials announced Thursday.

The man whose been responsible for killing American Soldiers and the deaths of untold thousands of Iraqi civilians just ate 1000lbs of bombs, which was oh so graciously delivered to him by one of our F-16's.

Keep up the good fight guys. The world is a safer place today.

The US army is one of the most imoral uncareing and reckless armys around currently, they arnt all like that but it seems somewhere along the way the content control seems to have been skipped by the men in charge.

So I put in this post

Written by:

Now if we could just stop jar heads killing civilians, or shooting british troops. There was this time these geniouse americans were orderd to wait for british troops to relieve them and told to shoot anyone who comes near them until the british arrive. The english arrive in english vehicles, at the correct time, on the planned route, broadcasting over the radio announcing there approach. So what do the american troops do? Start shooting the British, huzah!

Then this guy posts this...

Written by:

On the interest of keeping things civil, I'll ask you to remove that, or have a DM do so, and we'll forget it was ever there.

This was made to honor those who are over there making the sacrifice that to few are willing to make. American, British, Australian, Japanese, and the rest of those in the coalition.

Not to attack them

To which I posted after much thought

Written by:

Wouldnt that be un-constitutional?

God bless america, land of the free, land of the american dream, land of the smug! Until someone says something they dont like and they want to erase it, I guess there's a little Richard Nixon in all of them.

I hope this turns into a worthwhile post I think ive gone and missed 'The woman Who Thinks Like a Cow' because of it...dag-namit!

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
as i understand it the Kurds WANT to be seperate anyway. in a story i saw last year it seemed they pretty much self governed anyway and the only reason they were still part of iraq was the land they want to claim has a substantial oil field on it.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
.,.. sorry i had to type something to post so i could see the reply's. for some reason the sites only showing me my third to last post as the last post.
EDITED_BY: Violently Tame (1152701968)

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
True doc, but if you sent in a good team of SAS or Marine Snipers and picked his head of his shoulders from a half mile away we wouldn't be here.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Violently Tame

True doc, but if you sent in a good team of SAS or Marine Snipers and picked his head of his shoulders from a half mile away we wouldn't be here.

but then we wouldnt get the oil and the reconstruction contracts aye?

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Violently Tame

No, one of his henchmen would be and he'd probably be just as bad.

There isn't a good solution to this. This was two things: a personal vendetta by Bush and also a way for Halliburton and other US oil companies to grab a bunch of oil.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi Doc, thanks for the information. I think you are forgetting a few things. It was the UN not the USA that carved up the former Yugoslavia. Saddam was a good leader for HIS people, though he diden’t give a rats about other peoples. He is an old man that probably wouldn’t have lived that long anyhow iof he stayed in power.

smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Have a look at this blog:

https://riverbendblog.blogspot.com/

Written by a woman in the country. Some of here writings have gone on to be published in a book.

I'd be interested to hear what you think after reading a few of the entries...

Page: ...