Page: ......
_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone...

Oks, well, I've had some bad news and thought I would post on here for advice on alternative therapies.

I've had a look through the existing threads (nice search system Malcolm!!) but didn't find what I was looking for, so I hope this is ok.

So then...

Just over a month ago my mother turned yellow.
It was two days before my parents were due to go on holiday, and instead she ended up in hospital.

They discovered it was a blockage near her bile duct, and after sticking a camera down her throat, found out she had a tumour on her pancreas.

She was eventually sent home for a few weeks to recuperate, then brought back in for an operation last Friday.

We discovered then that the tumour on her pancreas is too big - 6 cms - to operate on, and parts of it have spread to nearby glands.

The prognosis isn't good. They've told her between 6 months and a year, but any reseach I've done shows people with pancreatic cancer lasting between 4 - 6 months.

Our family is coping well, considering, so far.

(Personally, I feel like I'm constantly going to cry.
I try not to think about her leaving us as much as possible. My mother is the strongest person in the world... She is kind and lovely and despite having pissed me off often, has done a splendid job and has had a splendid life (she's travelled all over the place - took a boat to Australia from Ireland 40 years ago to work as a nanny on a cattle ranch!! She came home, by boat, via NZ, Fiji and the Panama Canal - in a time when tourism wasn't Lonely Planet travel-by-numbers).

At the minute, I'm coping. I'm finding myself running about my parent's house 'doing stuff' for them while also trying to keep a performance business afloat. That's been a barrel of laughs in itself... anyone setting up a business in the arts - prepare yourself now for the bitchiness, competition, jealousy and lack of support.

My deepest apologies to m'lovely friends on here if I haven't responded to your PMs or calls recently - thanks BamBam and Fluff x).

Jesus... that was a bitter and twisted rant... humblest apologies for that... redface

Anyways... I have posted this for a reason rolleyes smile

The doctors are still deciding whether mum should have chemo.
None of us are very happy with that idea... don't want her last few months to be spent throwing up.

She's got a very strong Christian faith, which keeps her bouncing through each day (lol, and she keeps emotionally blackmailing me to convert!!! Lol... I've told her it won't happen, but thanks anyway smile )

But I want info on alternative therapies... things that might reduce it, or just prolong her life for a bit. Does anyone here have any advice on where I could look?

I know not to accept intershnet advice as gospel, but it's good to get a guideline - or a point in the right direction.

Electro-magnetic therapy? Acupuncture? Organic foods and no tap water?!!

Does anyone here have any helpful hints?

Thanks so much for your time... and go home tonight and give your parents a hug... they could be gone much sooner than you think.

Love and hugs to you alll
Clare xx

Getting to the other side smile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
 Written by: _Clare_

hug2

Hehehhehe... you have an alter-ego... cool smile

ok, so on a day to day basis, im step, a werid manners IT/IS engineer [censored]

on special days

im SUPER [censored]!

Non-Https Image Link

Step (el-nombrie)

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
(Hahahahhaha... Mech... Supersperm? Lol... that's so fantastically inappropriate it's genius, nice one hug)

*breathe*

Thank you Lisa... you know you're one of those very wonderful people who have helped me so much with your story over the past few months smile

Thank you for posting it here... you are so brave and stunning.

You make me want to be stronger and inspire me to feel happier about the future... there will be no happy ending, but one day my mind will feel clearer again.

It's the real acceptance of life changes, isn't it?

Thank you for your love and support... and thank you for taking the time and energy to give it.

I'm really glad you had Cole there with you... what a blessing. Hug him from me for that one biggrin

I might repost what I deleted tomorrow. Not sure... I'll think about it some more.

It's a bit dark... and that might be why I deleted it... seeing it written there makes me realise the path I'm on.

With love and affection and gratitude,

Clare xx
EDITED_BY: _Clare_ (1176986420)

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Mech even now you make me smile when I feel a bit down smile

Clare honey use that young man as much as you like, I can assure you he's good for it.

Since hearing you talk from the heart I've really felt that I need to get it out. So I really need to thank you Clare, before now I only ever showed the silly side on here - opening up is frightening.

Love and respect a plenty.

Lisa
xx

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
BamBam hug hug hug

You are amazing for that post. I'm sorry you had to go through that as well.

Despite many people's best efforts, I sometimes feel that no matter how well-intentioned, my words feel rather hollow because I haven't gone through the same ordeal. So not to poo-poo on the well-wishes of others, it feels more 'valid' and comforting from someone who has been through it.

Regarding what BamBam said about how you both feel like you don't deserve the comforting words of others and that they should be for your mum. The sad fact is that after she has passed, you will be left to deal with the loss yourself.

Again, for fear of being repetitive - you are not alone. hug

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
BamBam> hug

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
bams, honey you are more than welcome

you have shown me endless patience, as have cole and helen, endless second chances, and i thank you for that

i think all of those how know me, all of those who i am blessed to still have with me, and all those who have passed befoe me

(please dont ask me about this comment, it hurts far to much to go into, i am nearly crying at my desk thinking about it.)

i am truly blessed, in the friends that i have had and still have.

clare remember that you are blessed, and never forget that no one will last forever, and you mum has gotten to see you do some pretty amazing things, from your first card to her, to your show, and to you being a young woman in teh world.

knwo the love flows to you, and know that the same love flows to yoru family and to your mother at this time.

it will not stoop flowing to you ever, this i promise.

lisa

you are a stunning young woman, you should always remember that you are a young vibrant woman, who has touched many people lifes, with smiles, and happiness.

cole is a rock, he is a gift, treasure him, i know you both (not well) but i see the love in your eyes for each other, you are both blessed, and i wish to add my blessing to your life moving forwards together....

(and i promise not to get naked at any time to celebrate your marriage wink )

clare, please dont ever feel like you can not post on here your dark feeling, or your emotions based from any point in your life, only you will knwo when it is right for you

and if any one should look down on your for it, well they would make a terrible mistake, you are loved more by showing you are human, then you are for wearing armour.

know that you are here to find solice in yoru friends, and knwo they want to give you shelter when you need it

honey you are welcome and you will always be so.

lisa - thank you smile

Step (el-nombrie)

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
hug

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
one other thing, is i want to say thank you also to all those who have offeredn,a nd still offer clare, lisa, and all the others who have helped us when we need it.

in this thread you have created a safe place for people a common chi. you should all be proud of yourselves for trying to help her, but you should also be proud of each other for showing you care, and that you are willing to give you time to read and offer advice, or even a hug.

know that you are appreciated, and that some day, you will have the Karma returned to you in some way.

Step (el-nombrie)

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Lisa, when we met in Scotland (at Bluecats) you kindly shared a little of your experience with your mom and her cancer with me...

At the moment that helped me soooo much to deal with what was happenning with my Dad. I don't know that I ever got to tell you how much I appreaciated the sharing of such an personal experience with a stranger! Thank-you!

I had been feeling as you describe- unable to talk about it at all, and also unwilling to be as dark as I felt when everyone else was all happy and having fun.Just our little talk in the kitchen reassured me, calmed me, made me remember that I was not actually alone with it.

Thanks for it then, and thanks for it now!
xoxox
a

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
smile

Step... very true, thank you.

This thread has become a very open place, filled with love and good energy and feeling...

There can't be any better tribute to my mum (for those that know her smile )

Thank you all...
xx

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
since I last looked at this thread, a lot have posts have been made. I feel so f**king lucky to have been welcomed into this community and so honoured to call you lot my friends hug

Out of something so tragic and traumatic, so much love and comfort comes about. It's so amazing how we care for each other like a family. I love it so much!!

I love the way that I am here for you guys, and the fact you will be there for me when I am sad.

Jonny and Skully have looked after me for a whole week when I was losing my brain. And Mech, you've helped me when I've really needed it too.

I just want to say that HoP rocks and we rock so much!! biggrin grouphug heart kiss ubblove hug grouphug

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying

ubblove smile ubblove

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
 Written by: _Clare_

What happens if something goes wrong when I'm away?
Told her this fear yesterday - she said 'you can't live like that... just do what you want, especially as you can't change it anyway'.
Then she said: 'what would you do differently if something was to happen?'
Arrrrggghghhh!!! This is the worst question... I have no idea!

Hi again Clare, I don't think I covered this bit in my PM so I'll take another crack - and I'm posting this here rather than PMing it because after seeing all the posts by everyone else, I feel a bit more comfortable that it will be accepted as someone trying to help even if I don't know anyone (I know I haven't earned the respect that everyone else here has).

And just to be clear, when I talk about "something happening" - I mean any generic life event...

OK, "What would I do differently?"... I think this is the kind of thing that everyone does all through life - the "what if" game - "if I knew that was going to happen, what would I have done different"?? Well, being as old as I am(!) & seeing the life situations of a whole bunch of people that I was responsible for as well as my own, I reckon that most people really get themselves messed up playing that game. You see (the way I look at it is) you CANNOT go back and change it so there is absolutely no point even thinking about the "what if" - we make our choices day by day, minute by minute, and part of being responsible people is accepting the responsibility that goes with the choices we make.
In your case as I already mentioned, I figure your Mum (& family) knows you love them and that you can't (& shouldn't) be there all the time. So if anything happens while you are away, it doesn't mean you are a bad person, and you shouldn't beat yourself up if that happens. How many minutes in a day?? and only one of them will be the minute when something happens. We can't pick that minute, so we shouldn't stress about it - before or after the fact. Que cera, cera - what will be, will be...

Please Clare, don't stress about all those little things which really come back to worrying about what other people might think of you. As you can see here, you are loved and respected for what and who you are, and we will all be here to support you and your decisions. Your Mum and Dad also love and respect you for yourself...
So, what else do you need to stress about? nothing I think.
Let the stress go. Relax your mind. Enjoy your Mum & Dad while you can and honour them at all times by being yourself and being true to yourself.

And don't worry about what is in the future - you can't predict it, you can't control it, so don't worry about it - what will be, will be. It will happen regardless of you worrying one way or another so don't worry about it. Just ride along with it and I think you will find it easier to cope with whatever life brings you.
I maybe overgeneralising, but from my experience, all the people who I've seen who are unhappy, stressed, or otherwise miserable in life, have all been playing the "what if" game all their life and they can't get out of that mode and just ride along with the wave that is life. Analogy - the sea and life - the sea is a powerful beast and you wouldn't think of trying to stop the waves, the tide, etc. If you did you'd do a lot for no end result. The best way is to simply go with it and react to what it does - go with the flow as they say. It's the same with life and all those life events.
I'm sure you already know all this Clare - it just sounds as if you might be doubting it, and doubting yourself, in the face of this significant life event you are now facing. Don't doubt yourself. Stay strong. I've seen your strength in your dance - you cannot doubt it. It is who you are.

I wish I was there to give you this in person, but I think you have others there who'll pass it on for me. hug

Take care of yourself.
hug
George

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Reading Lisas post reminded me of what my mum has said in that she wants a Do Not Resusitate order. Nana had a heart attack that she was revived from and from that time on her personality slowly changed from a loving warm caring woman who especiallly loved babies and children ubblove to a nasty selfish horrid person so different to who we knew all those years before. frown From a lady who had an endless line of people visiting her to a few who went through duty and guilt and couldnt wait to get out again. Mum wants to leave us all with who she is now, not someone whose frontal lobe reasoning has left her. ubbcrying

Claire no matter what you post or how dark you feel if you want to share it , do so. If you want to delete it after also do it without feeling you have to justify it.

Many of us care for you even though we have never met or are likely to we are all connected. Bloody wandering wombat hugger is one for you and I wink

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
George:

Thank you for posting here... I'm not doing well with writing PMs at the mo... don't know why, but I'm trying to stop questionning my decisions so much this week smile

And spank for thinking you haven't earned respect!

Everyone should be respected, until they do something to lose that!

It's been really nice to have someone from HoP HQ round the boards a bit more regularly... and it's been exciting to hear about what HoP is planning for the future...

You are right... I do worry too much about what other people think... but I always have. That said, I'm 28 now, and I'm getting better at dealing with that over time... I'm certainly better than I was a few years ago.

I'll get there (to a blissful state of non-paranoia) in the end biggrin

Ahh relax your mind... by contrast, that's becoming increasingly difficult. Responsibilities are piling up around me and unimportant things suddenly take on great importance because of their effect on my emotions.

Thank you so much for your words though... going with the flow is something I want/need to be living right now... but am too easily distracted from the way. I need to find a way to calm my mind and allow things to happen.

This one fits it, in a way:

"Our quaint metaphysical opinions, in an hour of anguish, are like the playthings by the bedside of a deathly sick child."

Samuel Taylor Coleridge.

Gnor... hug2

Both my parents have said they don't want to have any treatment that would prolong their life artificially... which is good. I'm sure my dad and I are hoping (massively) that it will never get to the stage where her personality changes.

She would be so disappointed, and it would make it so much harder for us. She's keeping in relatively good spirits... so it's not too bad at the minute.

We're hoping that she slips away peacefully in the night... surrounded by us all. It's difficult to imagine anything else.

Anyways... I've decided to repost that thing I deleted (on 18/4). It's pretty dark though, because I was in a bad place when I wrote it.

I'm not so bad now... but I guess you have to accept the lows with the highs.

hug
EDITED_BY: _Clare_ (1177071786)

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
life is made up of light and dark: you can't have one without the other: otherwise how would you know what was what?

if our whole lives were spent in bliss, how would we know that was bliss? we would simply take it as 'normal'. It's the dark times that remind us how truly lucky we are when something good happens to us.

And the good times are what help us to get through the dark times, the eternal promise that tomorrow could be the most amazing day you ever have. Sometimes, its the only thing that gets me out of bed in the morning.

I guess the only thing you can try to do is think of the good times when in the dark times, and when in the good times, give yourself to them completely and utterly: they are more precious than anything else.

Just my tuppence,

grouphug for all the people in this thread

georgemcBRONZE Member
2,387 posts

Posted:
Clare, that 18th post is just fine. Nothing to be ashamed of. And dammit, I really wish I could just walk next door and give you a big hug and have a good long cry and just talk "crap" with you for a coupla hours as I'm teary now. (So much for the "big strong GM" guy huh?)

Going with the flow being hard, being distracted etc etc - it's easy for me to say from miles away while you're living it every day, but when all's said and done, at the end of the day it's down to what Yoda said when Luke's X-Wing is stuck in the swamp - "Do or do not. There is no try."

Another of my little stories from very recently: my Dental Hygenist had been telling me for some time I need to floss my teeth every day if I want to keep my teeth. I replied that it is hard to make the time/get into the habit but I am trying. The reply was a little out of left field - "Try to touch your nose" she demanded. Easily done and I obliged. But no - "you actually touched your nose – TRY to touch your nose" ... I got the point and strained my hand with my finger a couple centimeters away from the tip of my nose. I really got the point and now I floss my teeth regularly!
This little story would probably have ended there if it wasn't for my Kendo. One of the girls there is very committed and has good technique but is struggling to make the rapid attacks and "aggressiveness" required in competition. Just before one competition 2 weeks ago she was telling me that she was trying... I told her this story and "Touch your nose" became our rallying cry to really commit to the required effort.

So Clare, I'm guessing the distractedness comes from your fear of what others will think AND the fear of not knowing what what's going to happen. Coleridge has it soooo right there. Well, guess what - you can't change what people will think of you so no point worrying about that, and you can't change whatever will happen (you can influence some but not change), so again...
But a little bit of fear is ok - it'll help you keep alert when you need to be.

Sounds like you're a lot like me and you need to keep yourself busy right now. Just be practical about what you choose to do as you know you're not going to be so focussed as usual.
The responsibilities piling around you?? They were either always there, or they don't exist - check again girl and don't take on something you're not ready for just because you think you have an obligation to do so.

And a thought with the PM's - it's probably hard because it's more personal - here the posts can be general and not go too deep to the heart of the matter without some personal connection. I'm guessing you still have many of your fears buried deep down... Maybe you need to time a visit to your parents to allow a really good "Mum & Dad I'm really scared about..." talk - have a really good heart to heart and a really good cry and I bet that at the end of it you'll all feel MUCH better. I'm guessing that each of you is scared for each-other rather than actually scared for yourself - get that out of the way and the healing will start.

Oh dear, rambling again, and maybe getting too dark also. And probably not helping anyway as I am darn sure that you already know... You don't need our advice, just our hugs and shoulder to cry on every once in a while when the dark is too much.

So Clare, strength and hug's
Touch your nose

George

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Clare,

I cant even begin to put into words how much I would love to be in the same country as you.. to be there when you need it, to be able to give you a cup of tea, or some energy to help you when you feel like yours has disappeared.

I wish for you that all the times you feel like giving up, you know there is an angel at your shoulder helping you along.

My nan passed away from lung/breast cancer in sept of last year. Seeing someone you love so much suffering and being unable to do anything to make sure they feel better is the most frustrating thing that I personally have ever been through.

It was the most helpless I have ever felt.

You are doing an amazing job of sorting through your emotions and being there to support your family. Some days you will need to take time for you to help sort your thoughts and feelings out and thats ok...I'm glad to read you are also taking time to see your friends and getting your friends to meet your Mum... thats an amazing thing to do.

I was so angry when Nana passed away. Even now I still get furious. But I know that now she is at rest that she watches over me and my family and I often feel her around.
I suppose what I'm trying to say is, whatever you feel and whenever you feel it, express it...cause we will understand and not judge you for that. Its normal and very natural for you to be visiting your dark place right now and we will do everything we can to help shed some light and love for you, whenever possible.

If at any stage you need to talk or vent, please let me know. I would love to be there for you. hug hug hug hug hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
George:

Thanks... I slip into that dark head space every now and again, and then at other times I feel ok, but drained and unable to focus.

It would be good to have you (in fact, all of you biggrin) next door... it would distract me from myself... (and the fact that my shoulders hurt... dammit, I need a massage biggrin)

I have been realising something similar in the last couple of days... I need to stop worrying about how I'm coping, and just cope.

Everyone goes through this, in one way or another, sooner or later.
I have the mental tools to know how to deal with this... I just need to use them, and to stop being slack/scared/unfocused.

And you're right... the responsibilities were always piling up ubblol
That's not particularly new... although, I am forgetting more of the finer details than I did last year (turning up to a show without someone's costume, for example! rolleyes)

That said, I'm setting up my own business... so I do have a very strong obligation to keep going... (to myself, to others I work with, to the places I need to pay bills to).

"And a thought with the PM's - it's probably hard because it's more personal - here the posts can be general and not go too deep to the heart of the matter without some personal connection. I'm guessing you still have many of your fears buried deep down... "

This is completely true...
But the truth is, I don't have anyone close (as in, that I completely trust and spend alot of time with) that I can talk to right now.

Lots of people have offered a shoulder (thank god biggrin), and I have taken advantage of that quite a lot - but it's different to having that kind of closeness where someone really knows you and won't run away when you are open.

It's a bit sad... but, it's just the way it is... Not worth adding to my list of things to worry about smile

As for crying on my parents... no.
It's definitely not the right time... we are all putting on a brave face at the minute, and it needs to be that way.

There will be plenty of time for tears when she goes back into hospital... and if we start crying now, we'll be exhausted by then. This is coping...

Thank you so much for the wishes - they are great words... and hugs and massage is what I need right now.

(fortunately, I have two lovely friends visiting next weekend... who will be under orders to keep me entertained and massaged biggrin Ahem... they don't know that yet biggrin)

Valura... thanks so much for taking the time and sharing...

Y'know, I do feel the love and support that comes to me from around the world.. and it helps so much...

My mother is a strong Christian and has always believed in the power of prayer... well... I believe that when you guys send me your good wishes and positive energy it has exactly the same effect as the Christian belief in prayer... it can be felt.

(It kindof ties in with my ideas about connecting energies)

(As a bit of an aside... when I was in Thailand in January I met a French shaman who explained about his understanding of magic - which he gathered while in India.

He suggested that when people say good things about you, send you positive wishes and love - this is white magic. It results in good things happening to that person.

This is something that we can encourage, by being respectful and kind to other people.

When someone thinks badly of someone else, or bitches about them, or sends bad thoughts - that is black magic. It results in bad things happening to that person (generally indirectly, through rumour and gossip... because black magic can spread as easily as white).

This is alot harder to ward off, but with enough positivity, the darkness can be overcome.

This makes a lot of sense to me... smile )

Righto...

xx

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I believe that too, sending love and light actually does so, and may improve the situation.

My buddhist friend would often chant for me when I was feeling panicky. smile It's just nice to know people care! biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
smile

Yep...

In mother news...

She's slow, frustrated and generally annoyed at not being able to walk very far or do very much... but she does know it could be worse.

She gets daily blood tests, and on Friday her blood showed a leap in something or other that meant her blood was very thin.

She's tired alot - but won't tell visitors who stay too long to leave.

She has a hospital appointment on Wednesday morning, when they will check out the hard lumpy thing in her leg. We're all hoping they don't keep her in again... because that would be massively annoying.

x

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
daily blood tests?? She's a human pincushion!!

I suggest she should hire goons/thugs/bouncers. When she's had enough of visitors, she can give them a nod/wink/some kind of subtle sign, and they can escort them out the house! biggrin

Good luck for Wednesday morning, fingers crossed and sending lots of love xx

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I think you should fit your mums house with an ejector seat that guests have to sit in. That way with just one push of a button she can blap them out through a hole in the roof where they will gently parachute down to the ground outside. She would never have to tolerate over staying guests ever again.... and think of the fun she could have inviting cold callers into the house just to brag with stories of her most gorgeous daughter, the fire dancer, only to press the button the instant they try to change the subject to selling her something biggrin The thought of flinging a double glazing sales man into the air only to watch him float back down outside looking bemused is worth the cost of the chair alone ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol

Classic... nice one ladies... I tell her that when I call round tonight.

She'll agree with the pincushion comment alright!!

And I know my dad will Love the idea of an ejector seat... ubblol

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I like the idea of Goons.

Goons is a cool word. When people ask who they are, your mum can say in a nonchalent manner: 'Oh, they're my hired Goons' and then chuckle to herself (or out loud) because she said 'Goon'.

Then she can also be reminded of the Goonies, and how it's an awesome film, that should be thought about at least once every day, if only for the 'Truffle Shuffle' and the cool contraptions to open the gate.

Loads of hugs to you Clare. Sorry I didn't talk to you as much as I would have liked at BJC. I kinda figured that you might want a brief distraction from these unhappy moments, so offered hugs instead.

Well impressed with how your handling this. You're doing a much better job than I would be.

Your family must be really proud of you. I would be.

hug

Always happy to offer and give kind words and hugs. Just say the word. smile Jeanine says Hi, and was glad she was able to spend a bit of time with at BJC, and sends loads of Hugs and Strength.

Keep smiling and take care.

hug

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

georgemcBRONZE Member
2,387 posts

Posted:
The Goons - classic British comedy ...
*breaks into deep voice "Oim da faymous Eccles"!!" ubblol ubblol

hug Clare. Remember I used to work around ejector seats, so if you need any help installing/servicing/aiming - give me a holler!

George

grin

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
smile

Mum was doing really well tonight smile

And so was Dad... both of them were all happy and smiley and stuff.

Mum even went to church, which pleased her greatly (she put her general well-being down to the power of prayer... I decided against using my 'well, it could also be the earth's universal energy and white magic' argument biggrin)

I told her about the pincushion and the ejector seat ideas...

She said 'do you tell your online friends Everything?'

I said yes...

She was probably slightly horrified, but nonetheless, laughed at the idea of the ejector seat (but only mild laughing, because, you know, it's not nice to forcibly eject ladies from the church, especially those of a certain age, through the sitting room window).

smile

xx

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
they sound like the women that come round my mum's house on a Tuesday evening....

*dark suspense music*...

The local W.I. eek

I wish we could eject the W.I right out of Newbury. Ka-Blam!

Or I could set my Hired Goons on them biggrin

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
sounds like you need a Wi - Fi

or Women's institute Flight inducer

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Visitors who stay too long can be treated the same as kids who hang around too much. Give them jobs. Im sure your mum wont do it but get them to wash the dishes, put dinner on and fold the washing. Clean the bathroom floor etc wink
Worth a try anyways. It works on my kids, they hang around moaning ( as opposed to talking) they get jobs.
"Mum Im bored," gets a " Hang out that load of clothes". Mum used to have her "me" time in a shadehouse full of rocks. if we came in and upset her space she would get us to shift rocks.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Page: ......