Page: ...
_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone...

Oks, well, I've had some bad news and thought I would post on here for advice on alternative therapies.

I've had a look through the existing threads (nice search system Malcolm!!) but didn't find what I was looking for, so I hope this is ok.

So then...

Just over a month ago my mother turned yellow.
It was two days before my parents were due to go on holiday, and instead she ended up in hospital.

They discovered it was a blockage near her bile duct, and after sticking a camera down her throat, found out she had a tumour on her pancreas.

She was eventually sent home for a few weeks to recuperate, then brought back in for an operation last Friday.

We discovered then that the tumour on her pancreas is too big - 6 cms - to operate on, and parts of it have spread to nearby glands.

The prognosis isn't good. They've told her between 6 months and a year, but any reseach I've done shows people with pancreatic cancer lasting between 4 - 6 months.

Our family is coping well, considering, so far.

(Personally, I feel like I'm constantly going to cry.
I try not to think about her leaving us as much as possible. My mother is the strongest person in the world... She is kind and lovely and despite having pissed me off often, has done a splendid job and has had a splendid life (she's travelled all over the place - took a boat to Australia from Ireland 40 years ago to work as a nanny on a cattle ranch!! She came home, by boat, via NZ, Fiji and the Panama Canal - in a time when tourism wasn't Lonely Planet travel-by-numbers).

At the minute, I'm coping. I'm finding myself running about my parent's house 'doing stuff' for them while also trying to keep a performance business afloat. That's been a barrel of laughs in itself... anyone setting up a business in the arts - prepare yourself now for the bitchiness, competition, jealousy and lack of support.

My deepest apologies to m'lovely friends on here if I haven't responded to your PMs or calls recently - thanks BamBam and Fluff x).

Jesus... that was a bitter and twisted rant... humblest apologies for that... redface

Anyways... I have posted this for a reason rolleyes smile

The doctors are still deciding whether mum should have chemo.
None of us are very happy with that idea... don't want her last few months to be spent throwing up.

She's got a very strong Christian faith, which keeps her bouncing through each day (lol, and she keeps emotionally blackmailing me to convert!!! Lol... I've told her it won't happen, but thanks anyway smile )

But I want info on alternative therapies... things that might reduce it, or just prolong her life for a bit. Does anyone here have any advice on where I could look?

I know not to accept intershnet advice as gospel, but it's good to get a guideline - or a point in the right direction.

Electro-magnetic therapy? Acupuncture? Organic foods and no tap water?!!

Does anyone here have any helpful hints?

Thanks so much for your time... and go home tonight and give your parents a hug... they could be gone much sooner than you think.

Love and hugs to you alll
Clare xx

Getting to the other side smile

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
happy christmas clare smile

Mark

jeangenieGOLD Member
19 posts

Posted:
hi clare!

i was so sorry to hear about your mother. i had absolutely no idea of what you were going through for the last few months. i only came upon your thread now. i was deeply saddened to hear the news, but also took consolation from the fact that so many people were sympathising and looking out for you....

the fact that this thread has gotten over 15,000 hits (!) and over 850 replies (!), testifies to how much your story has touched people's hearts! you have also given strength to others who are going through something similar, by giving them a channel to communicate their story through too. it is such a real topic, which will affect many many people during their lives.

your story of your how your father is coping touched a nerve with me too. years ago, while i was a young teenager, my mother was very ill in hospital for an extended period. my father's coping strategies seem identical to your father. so i understand how hard it is watching your father lose his lust for life.

time is a great healer and we’ll all be reunited with those who have passed on, joining them in the vibrational energies of the cosmos someday!

Take care in 08 hug

Lotsa luv
Jean xx

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Hey Clare.

Sorry about what you're going through now.

A friend of mine lost her mother. She understandably fell to pieces but started to cope much better. But like you also had to deal with a father who had completely lost his motivation for life and started to neglect those around him (not to mention personal hygiene) whilst drowning in grief. She too felt increasingly worse for having to worry about someone else and the helplessness from that.

Eventually he too started to cope much better. He started to remember that he was a whole person, not just one half of a couple. He revisted his old passions for motors and as a result got back in touch with old friends. He has personal projects to keep him busy such as house renovation and his grandchildren.

I can't say for certain how your father will start to cope, or if he will for a long while. You just have to find the balance of giving him his grieving space and making an active effort to remind him what he has to live for - two lovely independent children and the idea that if he were in her position that would he prefer that she not spend her remaining days a grieving widow.

Hope you're okay dear hug hug

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Thanks Jean, hope to see you again soon lovely!

hug

And thanks also Dave... hope you're doing well mister
x

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Clare, sorry to hear about your dad. hug
Have you told him you felt your mum's presence? Maybe it would comfort him?
I wonder if your mum had anything to do with you meeting and falling in love with Will.
I always like the thought that my nan is helping me out, and I sense her sometimes too. My mum had a dream of my nan as she was in her 30s, all beautiful with long dark hair.
I'm glad your mum's not suffering anymore hug xxx

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hey there lovely Jo...

As always, I've been meaning to write to you for ages... you're in my thoughts anyways smile Hope you're doing ok hug

I told my dad I talk to mum occassionally... he seemed (in order)... a bit freaked out, a bit comforted, a bit jealous. But I think he believes me, and ultimately takes comfort from knowing she is ok.

I'd love for him to get to the stage where he can talk to her himself, but he has alot of things to resolve first.

Mum may have had something to do with Will... but it could also have been the terrible time I went through before her death...

That pain (possibly) means I'm not so interested in taking chances and messing around with my emotions anymore, I'm so happy to be stable and to know that something is real, for certain.

I'm on a different path, and am quite happy about it smile

Will often visits mum's grave with me, and I know he has asked her blessing too (he has very similar beliefs to me on energy stuff and suchlike smile )

Anyways... hugs to you lady for the New Year... hope to see you somewhere x

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Will sounds like a good chap! Bring him to the BJC (you better be there young lady!) or Play! hug xxx

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

healthhappynewbie
1 post

Posted:
I work at www.zeolitesupport.com and the most popular products are Oxy E, Ellagic Acid with Graviola and Zeolite, seems that liquid is the most popular but powder is slowly gaining strength because of the larger molecule of the mineral. Either way... we have heard some pretty remarkable stories with the disappearance of tumors but the biggest contribution of our products is the detoxification and immune boosting effect. These immune boosting products have an effect on the NK-cells which kill/suppress cancer cells.

I personally think that supplements are only a little part of the whole approach to an alternative method. The biggest single factor is NUTRITION. I recommend and follow a raw food diet; vegan as well because there is a link between consumption of animal products and disease. Also, most people do not get even the low RDA of fruits and vegetables. Protein is available through nuts and seeds and supplements will take care of the lacking things such as b12, some zinc and iron. After all, we all know the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, phytochemicals, etc. which directly affect the production and improved function of the body's organs and cells!

Oh yea, another benefit of eating a diet consisting of lots of fruits and veggies (more veggies than fruits) is the body's state of alkalinity. Animal products are acidic and this can lead to acidosis which has a lengthy list of health ailments.

Came across this thread, maybe this information has been mentioned before but it's simply to many to read. For someone who starts towards the end, hopefully this will be of help.

Eat Well, Sleep Well, Think Well and You'll Be Well!

Cheers!

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
(deleted, comment referred to sales spammer posting here)
EDITED_BY: Dr_Birgit (1215587149)

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
*post deleted*
EDITED_BY: LazyAngel (1215589620)

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
?

Something happen here?

It was a year ago on Friday... and thanks to those who sent messages smile

Tis still sad for us... and the tears come unexpectedly.

My brother has gone travelling for a year, and my dad is still quite down... but we're doing ok smile

Thanks again for all the support last year... you'se were lifesavers smile

xx

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
hug smile

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Nah, someone thought they should use this thread to sell their remedies, but the angel and myself and the mods scared them off!! :hugs:

Glad to hear you're doing alright smile

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Really?!

After a year?

Hmmm. Thanks for letting me know smile

And greetings and thanks to you both (and the mods!!)

biggrin

x

Page: ...