Page:
.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Hello all my lil fuzzy wuzzy Moonfesties!*:.

mmMMMmmmm…. Well there is certainly an extra snuggley vibe about at the moment, huh? Must be time for the Warm Fuzzy Winter Moonfests!*:. Get out all ya warmest winter woollies, fluffy monster feet, beanies, braziers, gloves, woolly wraps and extra good blankety goodness!*:. And of corse don’t forget your usual Moonfest toys … drums, fire toys (+ fire fuel and safety gear) dancing feet, wiggles, huggles, and festive happy smiley faces….:::*

As it gets cooler the ocean looks beautifully crystal clear with those sunshiney sparkles and gorgeous sunsetty colours in the arvo… and if you’re lucky you could spot a dolphin or too splashing about in the bay.:* Now, with the 10pm curfew for the common curtesy of not waking the locals too late at night with drumming and all our usual moonfesty shenanigans, I’m thinking we can start gathering a little earlier in the afternoon so we still get a good dose of moonfesty goodness before it’s time to quieten down and go to bed ourselves…. hnnnnnnn.:* So come on down a little earlier for a play in the sunshine and see the gorgeous luminous moon rise over an ocean of sunset colours……:::::*

Warm Fuzzy Winter Moonfest Dates are:

*:.June ~ Monday 12th

*:.July ~ Tuesday 11th

*:.August ~ Wednesday 9th

Then the date for the Spring Moon Fest is:

*:.September ~ Friday 8th

Ooooh and just so all you lovelies know, I will be away for Burning Man in the US in August (flying on my birthday weeeeeee) …so will *just* make it back in time for the Spring Moonfest… so perhaps a lil jetlagged… but totally full up the tips of my dreads with festival magicks….:* for spring moonfest I’m sure I’ll be there, but barely there hehehe maybe a lil bit of a sleepy pixie, (but a happy sleepy pixie i'm sure) perhaps if anyone has yummy ideas for some lovely Spring Moon theming …candle circle goodness … a performance or interactive activity of some kind that you’d like to do or facilitate… it would be wonderful*:. I will be away from around mid August till like the day before Spring Moonfest… We have all of Winter Warm Fuzzy Festies to plan something yum…..:::* be imaginative, creative, spontaneous! Come be the festival …Festive~All ….ALL FESTIVE … it’s the beautiful festive people that gather each month under the full moon who make this the gorgeous gathering what it is.:*

Feel free to bring along a Brazier for extra warmth for the winter moonfests … but please take full responsibility for it throughout the night and dispose of any left over coals responsibly… Council rule is no open fires on the beach… but braziers with BBQ coals are fine so long as we act responsibly.

Moonfest is a drug and alcohol free, all ages gathering… please take full responsibility of yourself, your children and have a general respect for those around you (something which goes without saying in such a lovely environment as this I think)

See all you gorgeous people on Monday for the first of the Warm Fuzzy Winter Moon Festies…::::*

Much love and warm fuzzy pixie wiggles*:.

Love Elke (.:*moonpixie*:.)

EDITED_BY: .:* Moon Pixie *:. (1170721052)

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
I missed it too Pogo. Still getting over that flu thingy that's going around,,,only it's not the flu cause I got a flu shot! ubbloco

Hope everybody had a great night.

ubblove

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
arrrgghhh... stupid flu... spank wishing u a speedy recovery, leah... hug

hope the next moonfest comes around as fast as this one seemed to... smile

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
I hung out the window in Vienna and waved at the Moon to say hello! No devil in a top floor city flat but we'll get some (non beach) spinny action at uberEurope this weekend I'm sure... `hugs to you all!!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

3,492 posts

Posted:
a few people asked after you gabe ... you are missed *:. hug

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
*dusts off thread*

bounce yay! .:*spring moonfest*:. is on the way!! bounce2

so seeing as .:*pixie*:. will be off galavanting around the world until just before the next moonfest anyone got any ideas of what we can do?? it's the big spring moonfest after all!! biggrin

the candle circle is a given! but any other ideas? volunteers? i'll be working that day...though i might try & switch my rdo so i can get down there nice & early!! biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
I'll be at the next Moonfest!! clap angel (thats an airplane)

3,492 posts

Posted:
heeeee gixie YOU ROCK! biggrin hug biggrin

...yep I'm about to head off for my gallervanting wink well I suppose I've already started my gallervanting ubblol posting from LA heeheheh how wierd is that!?! but soon i'll be off to the dessert where much fun and gallervanting will be had biggrin bounce ubbrollsmile so yeah!!! would be awesome if anyone has any funky ideas to make the spring moonfest a lil more special .... heheheh I might be a lil bit jetlagged at this one.... but i totally intend to bring candle circle goodies and flower lanterns and stuff.... if anyone has any ideas for more pretty outdoor springish dacore that would be awesome too as well as fun stuff to do or watch happen in the candle circle smile*:.

it'll be great to see you home and back at a moonfest again gabey hug biggrin hug

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
dang...i found out yesterday (read: remembered!) that i won't be able to have moonfest day off work... frown we have 2 planning days on the 7th & 8th...we're *hoping* to leave by 5 cos it's a friday...but we'll be in boonah! (that's the other side of ipswich & apparently it takes about an hour from lutwyche - where work is - to there!) but hopefully i'll get there by 6.30/7ish!! biggrin

bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

The_Magnesium_Masterjourneyman
97 posts

Posted:
I suspect we cant aford and probably wont be allowed a bonfire permit now the bushfire season is apon us, same for any large wax cardboard and reo mesh creations like the one at the Northey st solstice this year. So what about a 200 fire staff formation spinnoff or something, no doubt with several practice runs thuoghout the night aswell. I might bring some fruit to share , subject to ripeness and the flying fox, possum and drought.

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
we never were allowed to have a bonfire! not where we're spinning now anyway. last year when we had to move around the other side of the carpark, we could have a lil fire cos they had that concrete/brick & metal setup.

i'm sure it'll be a lovely night anyway! biggrin

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
*dusts off thread*

who left this thing lying around?! tongue

oh right, yes, ahem! *bUmp*

.:*moonfest*:. is this friday peoples!!! bounce *woot*

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
we haven't been down for a couple of months, I'll try really really really hard this time. wink

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

3,492 posts

Posted:
ok... i'm home smile

sleepy and jetlagged umm ....but home ubblove

and yup strait into ... SPRING MOON FEST tomorrow!!! biggrin bounce ubblove

so it's been 9 years of wonderful festive goodness under the full moon smile lets make this one extra goodly special smile ubblove grouphug

3,492 posts

Posted:
what a gorgeous gorgeous night it was last night smile ubblove smile

only thing not good for me was the amount of frickin rubbish i had to pick up at the end of the night and the majority of it being booze botles and cans....

soapbox

i think i picked up at least 3 big bags full of the buggers! grrrr angry which after a long night and feeling sleepy and jetlagged was not fun at all and just made me cranky

mad2

Of corse i know you beautiful HoP crowd know the go, and don't drink or leave behind rubbish... ubblove you guys rock and i love you biggrin .... just thinking a bit of awareness needs to be spread about in order to keep the gathering safe, happy and all ages friendly.... smile*:.

speaking of which there were some gorgeous kiddies there last night too ubblove .... some of whom didn't seem to have consiencious perrents who would let them rome through the middle of the fire space.... this too conserned me a lot

soapbox

i think just some general awareness for this being a drug and alcohol free gathering and for everyone to be (and make sure your kids are)... space conscious.

ok blah blah blah

...end of rant

apart from those few things... I had a beautiful night biggrin ubblove hug grouphug it was so lovely to see all your gorgeous faces again biggrin

the circle had a yummy feel too grouphug like i *know* the whole flower lanterns and central lotus thing has SO been done before, but it had a magick sparkle last night to me that seemed all sacred and magickal.... one little girl even came up to me and asked "am i allowed to dance?" heeeeee biggrin what a cutey so obviously i said "of corse darling" ubblove

And didn't the MOON look absofrickinlutely GoRgEoUs!!!! as it rose over the bay oh my gosh! ubblove like this big golden dome rising out of the water

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ubblove

it's nice to be home ...:::*

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
well said pixie!

When we were leaving there were a few cops hanging around. It looked like they were about to book the cars that were parked along the driveway at the bottom carpark. There was also a fire truck there too. Are we that dangerous??? I'm sure they have better things to do.

biggrin

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Agreed, twas an awesome night. With such a large crowd it was to be expected that some people may not know the normal etiquette, but the common courtesy of rubbish removal would have been nice.

I just wish that whoever had taken my poi had returned them ubbcrying

Great night though

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

jc_firetricksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
205 posts

Posted:
Not good news about the Booze.

We also had a set of POI go missing. frown Just not on.

enthusiast
205 posts

Posted:
 Written by: .:* Moon Pixie *:.

speaking of which there were some gorgeous kiddies there last night too ubblove .... some of whom didn't seem to have consiencious perrents who would let them rome through the middle of the fire space.... this too conserned me a lot

I was quite worried about this. It is only going to be a matter of time before some kid gets wacked in the eye with a flaming piece of kevlar and the whole event get shut down. frown

Any idea's what can be done about this very unsafe aspect of Moonfest ? Although I think most of the responsibility should be left with the PARENTS !!!! ubbidea

On a nice note though, was great to see some many spinners in one place. Moonfest Rocks !

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
I think personal contact is usually the best way with this.. a few of us going around reminding parents, shepherding kids off, etc. I spoke to one set of parents and the kids were kept back after that.. another guy was giving his girl a first spin so he was supervising her... but she did keep standing there when she wasn't lit up. I think that's something to reinforce.. people of any age standing around the spinning area.

Same with plastic bags for rubbish collection. Going round saying hi and handing them out during the night to groups. I'm willing to do that, I always seem to be doing that at festivals!

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
good idea gabe

in fact I might make a friendly little sign "thanks for taking your rubbish with you" to attach to the lamp post at the base of the hill ramp for next moonfest

Elke, Jodie from Gooble asked me if you were still thinking of making a moonfest poster with dates for the whole year? I told her I'd pass that on... smile

"Be the Bunny"

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
maybe have a trophy for the most rubbish gathered... smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

3,492 posts

Posted:
 Written by:

Gabe:

I think that's something to reinforce.. people of any age standing around the spinning area.

Exactly ... it's not just the kids... i've often had to remind people that the lower grassed/sandy area is a fire space and that fire twirlers can't always see past the swirls of fire around them to an unlit up person standing about the space. and yeah like you said gabe, if we just remind these people they usually get the idea

i think it's just about spreading the awareness of it all again

Jen i love your "thamks for taking your rubbish with you" sign idea, that would be awesome hug

I might also send out an email to all the moonfest web members (some of whom might be knew and not know the jist of what moonfest is about yet) and just erging people to spread the awareness of safety, space awareness, responsiblity for rubbish and that moonfest is drug and alcohol free. smile

Thanks for all your support guys smile hug ubblove

wolfbro001SILVER Member
77 posts

Posted:
on friday I nearly hit 4 or 5 people who were walking through the twirling area. 3 of them were adults who gave me filthy looks after I stopped to let them past... I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything wrong, but It made me feel angry that these people were blaming me because they weren't smart enough to walk *around* people... I mean walking through a crowd of people twirling staves and poi isn't the smartest thing... then while i was twirling some glow poi, two filthy kids (literally filthy, I'm not just bagging them) ran up into the path of my poi. I had to stall a ttn, then they tried to detatch the glow unit from the end of them :O It's bad enough that they stop me twirling, but to steal my poi? seriously... there was also a large alcohol prescence there as was mentioned earlier. i tried to mention it to a few people and asked them to put away their alcohol (and in one case cannabis) and got abused frown There definitely needs to be more awareness about the rules. It was an excellent night and the fact that the police turned up and helped keep it under control was good. they didn't disrupt twirlers who were acting responsibly, but were nice when they advised those who weren't smile

overall, a great night biggrin
EDITED_BY: wolfbro001 (1158128243)

sjonboardSILVER Member
13 posts

Posted:
heya spinnaz
just moved here from nz and lookin for a dance/moon party or something like that to meet up with sum fun wako people? any ideas... or whens the next moonfest??

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
They are always on the full moon...so Saturday 7th October looks likely... MoonubblovePixie will no doubt post a Spring Moonfest thread soon...

enthusiast
205 posts

Posted:
West End Fire Fest - is held Every Thursday Night in West End.

for details see

www.firetricks.net smile

Happy Spinning smile

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
i miss moonfest and everybody a lot .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
next moonfest is definitely saturday 7 october!! biggrin bounce

puk - we all miss you too! hug

3,492 posts

Posted:
Brisbane City Council rang me about a complaint letter outlining a few points made about the consumption of alcohol, alcohol related rubbish, noise, "children running through the park with fire" ( rolleyes ) and the size of it being too big to be called a gathering

I have to get a licence for it by the next moonfest {{{stressed}}}

she said when they appoved the event it was only a small gathering ... but now it's a lot bigger and needs a licence.

slight pannic attack eek

i've created a monster!!! eek eek eek

hehe

so she is sending me the paper work... I'm hoping it dosen't cost anything.... coz well there is no money exchange at moonfest.

fingers crossed it can all be worked out smoothly

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
eek eek eek Good luck Elke, hope it all works out. Wait what am i saying of course it will.
*sends good luck fairies to help pixie*
hug

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

Page: