Page:
.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Hello all my lil fuzzy wuzzy Moonfesties!*:.

mmMMMmmmm…. Well there is certainly an extra snuggley vibe about at the moment, huh? Must be time for the Warm Fuzzy Winter Moonfests!*:. Get out all ya warmest winter woollies, fluffy monster feet, beanies, braziers, gloves, woolly wraps and extra good blankety goodness!*:. And of corse don’t forget your usual Moonfest toys … drums, fire toys (+ fire fuel and safety gear) dancing feet, wiggles, huggles, and festive happy smiley faces….:::*

As it gets cooler the ocean looks beautifully crystal clear with those sunshiney sparkles and gorgeous sunsetty colours in the arvo… and if you’re lucky you could spot a dolphin or too splashing about in the bay.:* Now, with the 10pm curfew for the common curtesy of not waking the locals too late at night with drumming and all our usual moonfesty shenanigans, I’m thinking we can start gathering a little earlier in the afternoon so we still get a good dose of moonfesty goodness before it’s time to quieten down and go to bed ourselves…. hnnnnnnn.:* So come on down a little earlier for a play in the sunshine and see the gorgeous luminous moon rise over an ocean of sunset colours……:::::*

Warm Fuzzy Winter Moonfest Dates are:

*:.June ~ Monday 12th

*:.July ~ Tuesday 11th

*:.August ~ Wednesday 9th

Then the date for the Spring Moon Fest is:

*:.September ~ Friday 8th

Ooooh and just so all you lovelies know, I will be away for Burning Man in the US in August (flying on my birthday weeeeeee) …so will *just* make it back in time for the Spring Moonfest… so perhaps a lil jetlagged… but totally full up the tips of my dreads with festival magicks….:* for spring moonfest I’m sure I’ll be there, but barely there hehehe maybe a lil bit of a sleepy pixie, (but a happy sleepy pixie i'm sure) perhaps if anyone has yummy ideas for some lovely Spring Moon theming …candle circle goodness … a performance or interactive activity of some kind that you’d like to do or facilitate… it would be wonderful*:. I will be away from around mid August till like the day before Spring Moonfest… We have all of Winter Warm Fuzzy Festies to plan something yum…..:::* be imaginative, creative, spontaneous! Come be the festival …Festive~All ….ALL FESTIVE … it’s the beautiful festive people that gather each month under the full moon who make this the gorgeous gathering what it is.:*

Feel free to bring along a Brazier for extra warmth for the winter moonfests … but please take full responsibility for it throughout the night and dispose of any left over coals responsibly… Council rule is no open fires on the beach… but braziers with BBQ coals are fine so long as we act responsibly.

Moonfest is a drug and alcohol free, all ages gathering… please take full responsibility of yourself, your children and have a general respect for those around you (something which goes without saying in such a lovely environment as this I think)

See all you gorgeous people on Monday for the first of the Warm Fuzzy Winter Moon Festies…::::*

Much love and warm fuzzy pixie wiggles*:.

Love Elke (.:*moonpixie*:.)

EDITED_BY: .:* Moon Pixie *:. (1170721052)

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Oh thats a nasty suprise. Considering that it only happens once a month and that the drums end at a reasonable time normally (well on weekdays...) you would think residents could be slightly understanding.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to make it easier smile Although i do agree with the rubbish points, but we did discuss that after the last one

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

3,492 posts

Posted:
most locals are really supportive and the local council and parks people have always been really supportive and lovely too ..... but it only takes one person to complain to stir it all up ...heh

maybe some possitive reports about moonfest would be a good thing... and like asking the cafe on the park for their feed back... I'm sure they are happy with the extra business the gathering brings to the area.

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
you have indeed created a monster elke... but it's a most lovely monster...

I personally found the drunks quite disappointing (there was a group of *very* intoxicated young men on their way out as I was leaving with my kids), but unfortunately there's very little you can do about random idiots turning up for a booze-up - common sense and the excessive consumption of alcohol are mutually exclusive

I also saw a young kid running through the crowd with a lit staff and it was very dangerous. again, apart from giving the kid's parents a good slap, I'm not sure what you can do about isolated incidents like that either. it shouldn't be that hard - I had 4 kids with me and didn't have to worry about them doing such things, because I was *shock, horror* actually looking after them.

as for the paperwork, council etc... to echo bass, anything we can do, you'll have a flood of volunteers, myself included... biggrin hug

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

wolfbro001SILVER Member
77 posts

Posted:
*raises hand*

I'm with pat

3,492 posts

Posted:
thanks guys smile hug

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
best of luck elke.. moonfest is indeed a wonderful gathering of beautiful people hug

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey Elke,
How's it going for Saturday?
Do we have a Moonfest with or without permits, insurance, tactical response squad etc??

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Good luck people
It would be such a shame if MoonFest was to get spoilt by a minority.
I'd be happy to send through a recomendation, if theres an email for the council office invloved, just PM me.
Im sure theres going to be no real problems - just more hassle for you Elke - Good luck and Love for your work
I hope to see you at a MoonFest or Woodford - or both I hope
Love to all and have fun
Rob

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I didn't realise how things where wish i could help out in some way ?.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

3,492 posts

Posted:
ubblol ok sometimes ya just gotta laugh

just heard that the park will be closed off from the 16th of this month till something like May next year for a full makeover construction of the park.... so... moonfest will be on hold for a while!

at least this gives me a bit of time to sort something propperly

thanks for all your support guys hug grouphug hug

there isn't any insurance sorted for tonight's moonfest (that's if it still happens due to rain anyway ubblol) but i have rung the council office to let them know that it's all in motion but it'd be pushing it to get it processed by this one ... i think it's fine.... shrug but we are on thin ice (so we may as well dance! ubblol *giggle* )

after tonight we have a break for around 7 months ( eek) .... this'll give me time to sort it propper and we can have an amazing comeback special or something wink*giggle* ubblol

i was thinking of making a list of the other fire/drumming/juggle jams that are arround brissy/goldy/sunny coast with a little info, web addresses etc for each of them to keep everyone's groove going till we return to the moonfest sight all shiney and new.

like Juggle Jam on mondays at southbank, the West End fire meet... The Drumming Circle at Roma St each thursday (that still happens right? smile I haven't been for a good while but i prosume so smile ) Burleigh Beat, Fire and Fun, and then of corse the bigger Festivals like Woodford and stuff (i hear there are some funky things planed for the Circadia this year! biggrin)

wow loads of cool stuff for people to go to biggrin exellent!

well if it clears up today and moonfest is still on tonight we'll have to do some hard core nazi policing of the "drug and ALCOHOL FREE" rule at moonfest as well as the rubbish and noise stopping at 10pm, and of corse the usual fire safety ... other wise moonfest could be in some sirious strife... it's already in a pickle.... frown a pickle on toast being eaten for breakfast even! eek hehe... i don't even know... it's early and i haven't had much sleep ubblol

.:*starts laughing and rambling like a crazy person and wonders off*:.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
eek ohmigoddess! that's a HUGE break! but hey at least it gives you time to get all the permits/insurance/beauracratic crap sorted! smile

it WILL clear up cos i said so! *stamps foot*

see you tonight!! biggrin bounce we'll be there a bit early too to have a play in the sunny that is going to come out at around 2.37pm! biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

3,492 posts

Posted:
Hnnn Gita you're gorgeous biggrin ubblove hug

....ok... i'm going to try and officially call moon fest off from tonight (as it is raining anyways)

BUT gita you are more than welcome to come down anyway... or my place if it's raining (and any of you other lovelies) i might have to put a few signs up and stuff anyways and do my beast to spread the word for anyone who dose show up tonight that it wont be on for a good while.... so "officially called off" as of now (which for insurance reasons as well as rain might be best for now too).... but as moonfest has it's own momentum... some people might not get the message and come down anyway.... and they will need to be told about the constructions and such... so if ya wanna help spread the word that'd be great (and have a play while we're at it biggrin

3,492 posts

Posted:
Ok.... he's the letter i just sent out via the moonfest message board

Hi Lovely Moonfesties*:.

Due to a full makeover construction of the park, Moora Park will be closed from the 16th Oct 06 until around May 07. Moonfest will be on hold until the park is opened again after construction. Keep your eyes peeled at https://groups.msn.com/moonfest
for more moonfest dates after May 07

I am also currently looking at insurance options for the gathering, as it is too large now to be permitted to use the park without it. If you can help out with this matter in anyway, I would love to hear from you as moonfest is a community based free gathering with no money exchange to generate funding for insurance. I now have around 7 months to sort out insurance matters while the park is under construction, so if you can help out in any way it would be very much appreciated.

As for tonight.... it is raining a fair bit here today... so it might be a little miserable down the park anyway, and we are supposed to have insurance now to use the park. Our little gathering has gown fat and juicy over the years and needs public liability cover to continue... Moonfest runs a little on it's own momentum now so please help spread the word that as of NOW it's on hold for a good while as I’d hate for people to drive all the way out to find..... a construction sight..... and no happy smiley lil moon gathering.

Some of the issues that came up with the permission to use the park (along with a complaint letter to the council) were...

*:.RUBBISH (all rubbish must be taken away after the gathering)

*:.NO GLASS (no beverages in glass bottles)

*:.NO ALCOHOL (moonfest is a drug and alcohol free gathering ... and beyond moonfest rules it is illegal to drink alcohol in a public place)

*:.NO NOISE AFTER 10PM and the level of noise must be kept at a reasonable level as not to disturb the general public (I don't like telling people to stop drumming, so please take it upon yourselves and remind your friends to wrap things up at 10pm)*:.TRAFFIC (please only park in designated parking spots)

*:.PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE OF 10 MILLION DOLLARS (if you can help out in this matter for this unfunded community gathering it would be much appreciated)

*:.No trampling over garden beds (I'm sure none of us do this anyway but it was in the conditions of using the park)

Also some things to keep in mind for Moonfest....

*:.FIRE SAFETY there is a designated space for fire play... please do not light any fire in other areas, for the safety of yourself, people and the sounding environment... and if you are fire twirling etc, bring along a fire safety kit to go with it.

*:.NO FIRE BREATHING

*:.Please take full responsibility for yourself and your actions and RESPECT those around you

*:.Please take CARE of your CHILDREN .... explain the rules and make sure they are safe at all times
*:.BE SPACE CONSCIOUS .. Please do not walk, run, stand or sit within the fire space without fire or glow gear ... it's hard for you to be seen by fire spinners if you are not lit up in the dark.... keep a good distance from the fire space when you are not lit up, and keep all fire within the designated fire space... there is also a wonderful drumming circle and ring of candles in which you can play and dance and frolic about in all you wish.

When or *if* we return after the park constructions we MUST have all these points well under control, other wise moonfest will not be permitted to continue. If you like coming down to the beach each full moon, please respect the rules for this gorgeous gathering to continue in its beautifully organic way.

Hopefully (if all goes well) I'll see all you beautiful souls around May next year

Love and stardust pixie sprinkles*:.

Elke .:*moonpixie*:.

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
where exactly will moonfest be held? *is a melbournite*

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Are you in Bris tonight then Brenn? Cos if you read Pixie's last post, tonight is the last one till at least May next year.

It is /was held at on the beach at Moora Park, Shorncliffe. Easily accessible from SHorncliffe railway station.

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Nah I'm still in Melbourne, but i was asking more for May next year smile

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Well, that was a pleasant one to end with (take a break with).
Small, sweet and easy to clean up. wink

Thanks and 9 years worth of respect to Moon ubblove Pixie

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Horrible mews pixie.. very upsetting. Hopefully everyone still gets together that once a month or more. That many months without a moonfest is not dealable.

Regarding the public liability insurance, what's the range of costs to be covered for 10 million?

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
lovely night that was (apart from that streaker & those silly people letting off fireworks on the rock wall)! biggrin we managed to pack up & head off just as it was starting to spit with rain...i hope it didn't get any heavier!!! biggrin

how are we going to cope with moonfest withdrawals!? eek ubbcrying

we'll just have to start planning now for may next year!! biggrin hey that'll be my three year moonfest-iversary! tongue *wooh*

*suddenly remembers she was meant to pm elke with insurance people details*

so yeah pixie - that pm is on its way!! biggrin i hope it all comes together wonderfully (& for free!) & moonfest can go on as always!!

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

The_Magnesium_Masterjourneyman
97 posts

Posted:
That was a great (possibly) final moonfest for me, although I was hoping to go to 2 more before I depart for an unknown time to study such topics as permaculture, organic growing, self sufficiency, organic un assisted child birth, remote area basic medicine and the like. Im almost looking forward to peak oil once Ive learned about those things, and I wont feel as worried about the public health system if I know how to pull my own teeth out, do surgery on myself and deliver babies on the floor of a shack. At least I dont have an apendix anymore, hopefully I never need any of these skills.

I spoke to Caitlin from Northey st Cityfarm at Moonfest, and they used to do a full moon gathering there complete with FIRES ( fire walking anyone) and she seemed quite keen on re stoking that one up to fill in while Moonfest is on hold.

There is also the Night Garden bonfire night at Crystal Waters Ecovillage near Maleny Sa 14 10 06 from dusk, well worth going to but I may have a car full of furniture to take to my pearents at Bribie , so dont expect any spare seats URGENT UPDATE THIS IS POSTPONED TO 4/11/2006

https://www.ecologicalsolutions.com.au/crystalwaters/info/night-garden-high-web.jpg

And in amoungst all that Ive got to find time to pack for that big trip, rent out a house and get fit enough to cary a 35kg pack , and still have enough energy to find and satisfy that smooth soft polynesian woman I hope to find. I seem to recall that being the primary reason for quiting a job , selling most of my stuff and buying a 1 way ticket out of here.

At this rate I suspect I will miss a Moonfest or 2 even if a tempory one starts before 11/12/2006

Thanks Elke for running this even up till now, and good luck in the future, I might even make it to one mid next year if I am back to sort anything out here, and not be going alone iether if all goes to plan.
EDITED_BY: The_Magnesium_Master (1160651716)

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I personally will continue to support moonfest, going to another 'Temp' moon gathering aint my cuppa chai...theres only one moonfest....:)
Im looking into any insurance stuff I can find for you also Pixie love you
hug hug hug ubblove ubblove ubblove

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

The_Magnesium_Masterjourneyman
97 posts

Posted:
URGENT LAST MINUTE UPDATE TO MY LAST POST

The night Garden event is postponed to 4/11/2006

sorry for the late notice and bad news

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Moonfest.. *sigh*

Mesecina meeeesecina joj joj.. joj joj..

3,492 posts

Posted:
hehehehe ok so there is lil bit of an uproar about moonfest being on hold and insurance stuff on the moonfest message board.... and also a pagan messageboard talking about relocating or even recreating a "New Moonfest" a few rumours are getting about that moonfest is relocating to newfarm park... this is not the case we are just on hold https://groups.msn.com/moonfest

Written by:

me biggrin

heheheh*:.

yep... was just on my way here to say that very thing

I love everyone's enthusiazm, love and passion for Moonfest... it's wonderful... but settle down kiddies! heeeehehe!..:*:. we are just having a lil break while the park is getting renervated.... this gives me a good seven months to work out the 'best' insurance options for our lovely lil gathering (now fat and juicey gathering really heh!)

There are many other fire meets, juggle jams, drumming and dance circles all over Brisbane, Sunshine/Gold Costs ... or perhaps have your own little full moon gettogether with your friends while moonfest is on hold.

There will be no relocating moonfest... the forshore of shorncliffe is half of what moonfest is... the beautiful moon rising over the ocean at dusk, the candle circle up on the grass, with drummers and dancers and gorgeous people lounging about on blankets on the grass... fire spinners on the lower level, sparkles on the water and all of the gathering hugged by the cliff and morton bay figs.... then the other half is all you gorgeous people who come and BE the festival each month and know where and when to gather.

After NINE amazing years of gathering in the same beautiful place, it has it own momentum... people just *know* now... it's full moon - time to gather.

The location also has a history ...nine years ... many many full moons we have gathered there and stomped our dance into the same earth, watched the same moon rise over the same water, and felt the breese off that ocean kissing our skin ...All the many different faces that have gathered here each moon, over the many years, weaving this thread of time though us all, binding us as one... which is what the gathering of moonfest is.

I personally actually think it is perfect timing... the issue of insurance arises and the construction of the park coinsides... that gives us plenty of time to look at good options. : )

I went down to look at the plans for the park. The only difference to our gathering space from what i could tell is a path running along the front of the playground area to the rock jetty.... this should not interfere with our gathering much at all .... and then also down the other end of the park there will be lovely shiney new toilet blocks, picnic tables and BBQs ... showers i think too...(hehehe ...just incase you want to wash all that soot off before heading home after a long night of fire play hehe)

So it's OK kids .... we're just on hold for a lil while.... and will be back when the park is all finnished and shiney and new all ready for us to dance a new dance, drum a new rhythm and light a new flame ...:*

Keep an eye on the websight for more details about when and what's happening.

Love to you all *:.
Elke .:*moonpixie*:.

jc_firetricksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
205 posts

Posted:
Spot on. Moonfest has been there for years and thats where it should stay. Even a new goer like myself (6-8 moonfests) it just wouldn't be the same smile

Don't people have patience these days?

3,492 posts

Posted:
It's full moon .... and there is no moonfest.... wierd...

i've got stilts at IKEA till 3:30 but i'd be maybe keen to get together for a bit of weavesmiley juggle beerchug hug kiss grouphug ness ...???? Let me know if ya feel like getting together smile

i might have to wip up a quick sign to put on the fence around the construction sight now

3,492 posts

Posted:
i just went down to put the signs up on the fence around the park and oh my it's a sad sight.... frown

heaps of dirt and smashed up concreat and even a light post is bent and leaning half knocked over

frown ubbcrying frown

.... I'm sure the end result will make it all worth while.... i hope so .... so far so good with the actual moonfest sight.... they haven't done much at all exept put temp. fences around the trees and (hehe) taken down the fences that took them months to put up around the cliff face while we had to gather down around the beakon over the winter months a few years back..... quite funny really.

anyways i'd better get going for my stilt gig today.... just thought i'd report the latest

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
frown miss lots of beautiful things about moonfest .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
didnt see your post until today pixie or I would have come and seen you at Ikea. I asked on Lj when you were gigging, so I could come and see you, but dont know if you got the question in your emails, cause I never heard.....
hug hug hug hug hug
Miss you.
K hug hug hug hug hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

3,492 posts

Posted:
hey, no worries kristy... we wouldn't really have been able to hang out at ikea anyways as i would have been either on stilts or in the dressing room taking a breather which ya need a security card to get into lol

it'd be good to catch up soon tho smile giging today but maybe sometime this week that isn't thursday would be good smile

Page: