Forums > Social Discussion > pro-ana anorexia as a lifestyle

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
ive recently been reading somthing positive (a web comic) and they mentioned pro-ana - intrigued i did some research and found this is it just me or is this slightly wrong?

i also saw this in the philosophy section of the and it made me laugh

Written by: plague angel

Don't believe everything you are told ... by anyone.

... question everything ...

... do your own research ...

... form your own conclusions ...

If the majority believes it, it is probably wrong.

murder is a good thing then? wink

even better is the "know thine enemy page" in which i found this quote

Written by: plague angel

While it is true that fiber is an important part of your diet, even necessary to protect you from some diseases, carbohydrates themselves are not necessary. There are "essential" fatty acids and "essential" amino acids (from protein), however there are no known essential carbohydrates.

now i havnt done biology or food studies etc for a while but im pretty sure carbs in some form are needed...

back

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I hate to ask "stupid" questions, but is a UK size 4 the smallest size in the UK, then?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
dunno, not my end of the clothes spectre ubblol

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
i have never even heard of a size 4.
the lowest I've heard of is a size 6 and that's tiny!!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
6 is the smallest we get in Australia.
And I just looked up some sites, and it seems that a UK 8 is a US 6. Which would explain the US 4.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
a UK 12 is a US 8, and a UK 8 is a US 4.

I used this site. And when i tried to enter a UK 6, it couldnt work it out! Maybe thats because we arent meant to be a size 6!;)

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
My ex-flatmate's a size 6, but she's TINY, not anorexic ubblol

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
There is a UK size 6. Not that its easy to find, mind you, but someone eventually proved this to me (I think I lost a fiver on it), further, it seems to me to be the same as the US size 6. Certainly UK Size 8 is not the same as US size 6, because at the time I surely didn't fit into a US 6 but UK 8 was definately too big on me. The guy who proved that to me actually knew this because his sister is tiny, and as he put it "she buys clothes." To be fair, said guy is tiny too... tho not so much as his sis!

That said, I have one more comment, which is that a US size 4 is about so much more than waist size.... you also have to have a tiny chest, and I don't mean no breasts, I mean the actual circumfrence of your ribcage needs to be tiny too. But some people are small. (Like my roommate!) I'd bet there's a lot of american girls that could wear an american 2, although many of them might be asian....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Page: ...