oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
Dear Rita

I went back today to the spot where you left me, or did I leave you? I don’t really no where it was. Somewhere along the way… Maybe it was weeks ago… we were doomed from the start but too stupid to realise it.

I tried so hard to find you, I lied to myself, I told myself id find you, I’ve been looking all over, behind every tree and under every sofa we’ve passed. But ive finally had to face the truth that you are gone forever, peace be with you, and may you enjoy many more dusk time spins and all night sessions. You always used to love to play…

Thank you for all the fun times we’ve had… those times when you’d do your own thing and that was perfect.

I’m sorry if there were times when you were abused or I didn’t take good care of you and didn’t protect you. I may have acted like I don’t care but I hope you know that I always will… I know you wanted it all along, some kind of freedom…

You should have seen the grief you’ve caused me I’ve been worried sick and I’m sorry I let you get away, I wanted it to end with one last twirl on a cliff somewhere… flung over the edge, a brutal suicide would have been appropriate.

Karen is inconsolable, but you knew that would be the case, she’s relics now, just a shell of her own self, but I know you don’t care.

I hope that wherever you are now you are safe. The thought of you stuck in a skip with broken TVs and old doors brings me close to tears. I hope you have found a good home in the bottom of a suitcase somewhere, I know you always wanted one.

Wherever you are now, I hope you read this letter, these confused and conflicting feelings you have left me with, which I know will eventually fade away. I hope you read this letter just so you know- you’re memory will live on, you were beautiful.

xxx oli

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Not a dry eye in the house... hug

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
hug2

You tried your best honey. We even drove back to the park. I'm sure Rita will understand kiss

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
:awww ubbcrying hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying

Whimper....

hug2

Getting to the other side smile

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Actually, I hope you don't mind Oli... and I hope it isn't disrespectful to Rita's memory... but I would just like to add my own thoughts about my own lost children.

I didn't name them... not because I didn't love them, but because they were always there...

They were my first poi - and my only poi for those first two years.
They were fire poi, and I was faithful to them.

I made special little purple sleeping bags for them, so they didn't get clogged with sand or cover me in soot when I was practicing.

But I came home to Ireland and was distracted by talk of fancy sock poi, and cathedrals.

My head was turned. I'm sorry.

I abandoned you one night after a gig, in a car park.
I wish you had a better resting place.

But please know that every time I drive by that car park, I think of you both.
Lying there, no doubt crushed by someone's tyres.

You were my babies... you taught me so much, and while we caused each other pain, thank you for staying so long.

Le sigh

smile

DoctaGOLD Member
81 posts

Posted:
I lost a poi a while ago........I could post my lonely one to you, then you'd have a pair again????

Doc smile

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying hug

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Didn't you drop one down a porta potty once upon a time as well?

We should have some speed dating nights for all the sigleton poi out there.

I've got a lovely sock - pink, blue and purple, enjoys going around in circles and nights in front of the tele. Looking for friendship or possibly more?

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
hehe , yea i did drop one down a portaloo once ooooops

furrypurple hug good to know i am not the only one to get sentimental about my poi smile

grouphug

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
ubblol

hug

Loki_the_tricksterSILVER Member
Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying
so very sad
hug
grouphug

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
i recieved happy news, rita is alive and well. however she has been taken hostage and is now somewhere in the middle of somerset , i am assured she is not in any danger and is awaiting collection, she must have decided that we were meant to be for a little bit longer biggrin thnaks of the hugs everyone, i really did think she was gone hug

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
eek

Written by:

hehe , yea i did drop one down a portaloo once

*dallas style slap* How could you?!

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?