Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Any Firewalking or Bonfires near Brisbane (AUST)

Login/Join to Participate

The_Magnesium_Masterjourneyman
97 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know of any events or gatherings between June and November 2006 , preferably free, that will provide the opertunity to have a bonfire or even better provide the oppertunity to do some fire walking.

Idealy they should be within 300km of brisbane and on a Friday or Saturday night.

The only one I know of is the solstice night at Northey st city farm on Sa 24/6/06 in Northey st, but I dont think fire walking would be encouraged there and is probably not possible anyway because there will be metal used to assemble the bonfire, rendering that fire most undesireable to walk over

Fire walking minimum standards would be at least 2M *60cm * 15cm thick of coals, TOTALY free of glass, stones, metal, etc. idealy on firm stone free ground and with access to water in the event of blisters.

Failing any established events existing, are there any other insane people out there interested in gathering someware for the purpose of walking over burning hot coals, and someone with no assets and no money game to put their name to organising such an activity , or who can sugest a suitable location to do it at.

97 posts

Posted:
Bumped this up incase no one saw it on P2

97 posts

Posted:
Just confirmed firewalking wont be permitted there at Northey st, but there will probably be a fire twirling pressecion to the bonfire site around 9PM, as many fire twirlers as possible is ok, but no bonfire lighting if windy or a total fire ban though. I'll bring some flyers to Moonfest on 12/6/06. well worth keeping this night free , more info as it becomes available.

97 posts

Posted:
I am about to go overseas for at least a year, so I cant help if anyone wants to do this from now on.