Page: ......
*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
I've been busy designing recently and I'm happy to report I've made some serious progress! I've very nearly got the final prototype board fleshed out and a design I reckon ought to work very well for the casing.

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

I'll send off for the first set of prototype boards some time next week (still needs some tweaking and double-checking). I need to investigate a few more companies to find someone to make my polycarbonate balls. Just need to get the software up to scratch now. As it stands you'd need to have some special hardware to add new light sequences etc. into them... once I've got my head around a few things, you'll just be able to plug your hyperlights into a USB socket, fire up your software and tell them what you want!

Watch this space biggrin cool

Cake or Death?

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
anytime you want to test it on my head again wink

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Here's a question for you all: What happens if you turn a HyperLight on it's side? The answer? Magical things:

Non-Https Image Link

Cake or Death?

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
eek

Its morphs people faces!! wink

Lol... looks friggin pretty smile

I do so love Hyperlights... whenever I see an update I'm like oooo oooo!!

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
I got pretty excited this evening when I saw the above photo (doesn't do the real life version any justice of course, but meh wink).. better still, I reckon I've solved the problem where they used to drift out of sync with each other. I hadn't realised how much difference it makes, but my god they're pretty when they run in time with each other!

I've also got the old stutter fade sequence working on the new version - very pretty! I'll try and get some better photo's tomorrow night if I get a chance smile

Cake or Death?

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Are they gonna be ready for, oh, i don't know, next weekend? wink

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
No pressure at all eh Mags...? tongue

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

TabtI Doubt, Therefore I Might Be
1,007 posts

Posted:
pretty pretty..... biggrin

im not very technical, but what do you mean by turning the hyperlight on its side?

Owner of Dragosani's right side.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Well here's a regular hyperlight in a sock:

Non-Https Image Link

and here's one on it's side:

Non-Https Image Link

Does that make more sense? No? Well don't worry too much, I'll have them at Falmouth for all to see. As a taster though, myself and Chutney have been busy this evening (not like that! eek rolleyes)...

Non-Https Image Link

...so yes, they'll be ready for the last ever Falmouth biggrin

Cake or Death?

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
Ooo ooo Pwetty smile

I get cha!

I'm so gonna steal them and run away at fal, and no one will ever know!! biggrin

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
I think you're mistaken.. people would see you for miles around wink

Cake or Death?

1,007 posts

Posted:
they look soooooo good!!! tongue

i cant wait! biggrin

silly_rillyBRONZE Member
24 posts

Posted:
wow! these look great!

so... would it be possible to ship 'em overseas? ubbangel
I would love to place an order as soon as production starts swingin'

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
It certainly will Keiuna smile

Cake or Death?

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
*drool* looking awesome, wish I could be at Fal to see them frown

hf and keep up the good work smile

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
are these for sale yet? seems to have been a while since i last posted in here

ficklampaBRONZE Member
81 posts

Posted:
hey, check this out.
for the flags discussed earlier in the thread
https://www.lumitex.com/index.html

the only thing worth dying for is life itself

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Been reading this for ages now but first time poster. These are really starting to look awesome now!

Loving the photos and can't wait to see the first set hit australian shores ;D

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
Wait wait wait!

Do rules of shotgun apply?

So like, if I said "shotgun one of the first sets!"... does that mean I get one of the first sets out? Does it? huh?

*waits eagerly*

You do realise I have a small deposit of money put to one side, with your name on it?

I even got a big black marker and wrote "jon" on every note biggrin

Don't think they worth much anymore frown

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
You may indeed call shotgun. But if you refer to the shotgun rules, you'll see that in order to call shotgun, you must have line of sight for it to be a valid call:

Written by: The Official Shotgun Rules

In the situation of the deed being a hike or other extensive outdoor activity, you may not call Shotgun until the automobile is within your sight. This rule needs only to be used when the passengers are outside for a long time and have traveled long distances from the car, as with a day of snow skiing.

Failure to comply with these rules would make you a shotgun gaper and as such you'd be put right to the end of the line.

When the HyperLights website goes up and opens for business, it will be a first come first served sort of affair. I'd be (pleasantly) suprised though if we sold all of the first batch as soon as the site opened, so there's (probably) no need to rush smile

Well as long as the bank will accept them so that you can put them into electronic form, there should be no need to worry... We'll accept cards / paypal on 'tinternet (probably) although if people want to throw cash at me at festivals, that's cool too wink

Cake or Death?

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
*hits the desk* DAMN!

When WILL the hyperlights website be up and open for business? And how long, will it take (in all seriousness) for these bad boys to be available to moi? I know I shouldnt rush a master piece *sigh*... but I can't wait any longer ubbcrying

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
will said hyperlights be on show at falmouth?

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
I'm currently aiming to have them on sale by christmas.. which means the website will be up by then. I'm going to have a long chat with Sym at Falmouth so we may well get the basics together there. With the speed with which things have progressed recently suggests the units themselves may be ready sooner than that, but there's still a lot to be done!

...and yes, I will have at least one pair of HyperLights with me at Falmouth smile

Cake or Death?

[noodles]*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*
893 posts

Posted:
These look awesome dude. Can't wait to see what you can do with a staff smile

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
hey jon, i havent got time now, but will pm you before falmouth (or discuss there), ive had some awesome ideas for staff production that shouldnt create extra work for you......

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
I'd certainly be inerested to hear them.. PM or post away smile

Cake or Death?

Sean_MattMember
9 posts

Posted:
well OK..i think i've finished reading your complete thread of "Hyperlight" Updates.(omg my eye's are so tired)grouphug
So when when when are these going to be available for dummies that have alot of time on their hands???
-can i suggest by DECEMBER~???!!!

I TRY TO MAKE MY VOICE HEARD, BUT I KEEP ON ENdING UP, FEELING LIKE A TURD.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
You can certainly suggest it. I can certianly aim for it. Who knows, with a bit of luck and few more sleepness nights, it might even become a reality smile

Keep your fingers crossed... biggrin

Cake or Death?

1,007 posts

Posted:
it was great to see them in action at falmouth, i just cant get over how bright they are... keep it up, im saving my money biggrin

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
"this summer, poi are going to be.... HYPER!" ubblol Gotta love that promotional vid tongue

I'm not holding my breath for christmas (mainly cos I'd die within 3 minutes if I held my breath) but I hate being disappointed. Fingers crossed anyhoo.

Nice to see them out shining every other glow toy on the beach, including the aerotechs, plus the comments "THESE ARE SOOOO NICE TO SPIN!" feel me with confidence that I am gonna be buying nice nice nice poi smile

Shame they werent working fully frown

Still, I can hope to wake up christmas morning with a nice pair of Hyperlights under ze tree... so Jon... GET BACK TO WORK! spank

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
Heh, add another "cant wait to get my hands on 'em" person. Lets us know when you are ready for the first batch production count, I know a bunch of people over here who are waiting impatiently biggrin

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

Page: ......