Page: ...
*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
I've been busy designing recently and I'm happy to report I've made some serious progress! I've very nearly got the final prototype board fleshed out and a design I reckon ought to work very well for the casing.

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

I'll send off for the first set of prototype boards some time next week (still needs some tweaking and double-checking). I need to investigate a few more companies to find someone to make my polycarbonate balls. Just need to get the software up to scratch now. As it stands you'd need to have some special hardware to add new light sequences etc. into them... once I've got my head around a few things, you'll just be able to plug your hyperlights into a USB socket, fire up your software and tell them what you want!

Watch this space biggrin cool

Cake or Death?

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Well I'm obviously a little biased, but I'd say...

1) They're pretty indestructible.
2) Each poi weighs 90grams including batteries which feels like a nice weight to me.
3) They don't hurt too much but probably more than hitting yourself with a soft kevlar wick.

Cake or Death?

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
I doubt I can afford them any time soon, but in case I can some time... Do you have any ways you recommend weighting them? I usually spin poi that weigh around 2.5 times as much, so those would be insanely light for me.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
There's nothing to stop you dropping weights into the end of the sock smile

Cake or Death?

Page: ...