Forums > Social Chat > Dented Tin (Can) Syndrome

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
I'm attracted to beauty. I like symmetry. I like when things are perfect.

But sometimes when I'm doing my groceries, I buy dented tins. Not deliberately, but I pick them up (e.g. diced tomatoes) see the dent, and can't bring myself to put it back on the shelf to swop it for a perfect tin.

I start to think something along the lines of "I'm sitting on the shelf watching while all the other tins get snapped up.. nobody wants me."

It's sort of like, if I were going to the dog shelter to adopt a dog, I'd probably end up getting a mongrel puppy with a broken leg just because I felt sorry for it.

But not. Tins aren't alive.. they, as far as I know, don't have feelings.. Dents if anything probably compromise the contents of the tin because the dent could expose raw metal to the food.

Why am I chasing happy endings for supermarket goods.. What the hell is wrong with me?

Oh how tragic.. a dented tin..

What am I doing.

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Aimée

I know what you're all saying about knowing that something isn't loved!

My mum has jsut rang me. My step dad works at the local police station, and theres a little jack russle in the pound there that has been handed in. My mum is collecting her tomorrow because she can't stand to see her unloved!
Kadie will have a jack russelly friend to play with! Yay!

Your mum rocks! ubbrollsmile

Lou: mm maybe it's some sort of strange underdog camaraderie? ubbidea I wonder if the cans watch all the shoppers going 'oh oh.. I want that one to pick me.. dented shopper.. ubblove!'

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Birgit

a 1:7 quote of eggs being in toys in the first place!! biggrin

Now I want a toy with an egg in it!

Written by: Eera

I have a phobia about using toilet paper that has pictures of things with faces on them. I kind of worry about how that cute puppy feels about being shoved in places I can't see.

I've been wondering for a while whose idea it was for toilet paper of all things to have pictures on it. Angels at christmastime...Poor puppy effigies.

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

wonderloeyenthusiast
255 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Seb

I've been wondering for a while whose idea it was for toilet paper of all things to have pictures on it.

Could be that no one had any reading material in the dunny and wanted something to look at?

Although, thinking about it, puppies on toilet paper is quite creepy...

"You've gone from Loey the Wonder Lesbian to everyone wondering if you are a lesbian." - Shadowman

Yesterday is yesterday. If we try to recapture it, we will only lose tomorrow.

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
A shop near my place sells different novelty toilet paper, theres one with an entire story on it that you read piece by piece, and another with tounges on it ubblol

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
What if it was an absolutely rivetting read (I know.. what are the chances.. ubblol But right..) and someone else used the loo? You could potentially lose a chapter!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
What about people who like to read on the train to work? umm

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

wonderloeyenthusiast
255 posts

Posted:
I suppose it'd come in handy if you were in a crowded carriage and you saw someone you knew and wanted to get their attention...

Nothing says "look at me" like a roll of toilet paper hurled at your head...

"You've gone from Loey the Wonder Lesbian to everyone wondering if you are a lesbian." - Shadowman

Yesterday is yesterday. If we try to recapture it, we will only lose tomorrow.

Page: