jleit83newbie
3 posts

Posted:
I'm looking for a good site to teach me how to spin nunchaku. Basically, all I can do now is poi moves on the nunchaku. (The salesman was really impressed when I told him I had never spun Nunchaku before, though.) Thanks!

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Hey mate.

Soton have some video and tutorial of fire nunchaku. The link is here :

https://www.soton-firespinning.co.uk/

I hav'nt found any good tutorial sites, i just had friends teach me. For inspriation you really SHOULD download a copy of Bruce Lee's single nun chaku from a P2P source. He shows the 3 basic strikes and some advanced stuff. There is also clip of him with 2 but its so deadly you could get killed just by watching the video! wink ubblol biggrin

Good luck

jleit83newbie
3 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the link. Any ideas on where to find the bruce lee video? Also, I guess if anyone knows any good books or instructional videos?

Thanks to all.

Twisthem488member
187 posts

Posted:
I started chucking with some glowchucsk a bloke in the UK sent me biggrin It was a drawing on his website and I won and got some chucks and glowsticks and a dvd and such. Anywho I learned off watching him in the dvd. Its different segments have since been put on google video. here and and here
And it seems he's got some contact stafffootage for his site now

Im a Thespian, But I'll Act Normal Around You Guys

Triptoemember
71 posts

Posted:
Wow!! I really love these videos!!! They're great!!

-I love goats and cheesecake-

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
i'll chuck YOU into a nun site ubbloco

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

CJ_ChucklesBRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
You can download videos on limewire, which teach you alot of moves,

We must stop the destruction of the planet, We need trees, not fac-trees.Otherwise the creatures of this earth will take back what is rightfully theirs.

Fishtankalphanewbie
5 posts

Posted:
Get eMule. I have been studying nunchaku for 8 years. Most of this stuff is only for single, but if you are good with poi, you can probably do doubles pretty well, except for freehand, esp. if you are good with single nunchaku.
Do a global search for videos. Keywords: Kata Nunchaku, Guju Ryu Nunchaku Kata, Kobudo Tadashi Yamashita Nunchaku, Nunchaku Tutorial Basic & Serie Moves, Nunchaku Tutorial Attack & Defense. Hun Gar forms require dexterity, and I find that they are great with nunchaku incorperated.
I guess you can also do a document search for Nunchaku and get Nunchaku.pdf and Basic Techniques of Nunchaku.pdf .

Next, get on MySpace and do a video keyword search for nunchaku. There is a kid there who is pretty good at linking techniques.
"Ninja Turtles II - Secret of the Ooze". Skip straight to the part where Mikey has the Chuck off with the soldier from The Foot Clan, unless you really like that movie. Next, "Sidekicks". Great form by the white ninja at the end.
When you're done, get a copy of "Fist of the North Star". Watch the scene where Rei slaughters the nunchaku dude during his introduction. It's very humbling. I recommend this after every nunchaku workout.

Damn - I wish they would put a nunchaku section on here, though. The poi training is great.

Fishtankalphanewbie
5 posts

Posted:
If they would allow it, I would probably post some nunchaku videos on here. My friend and I practice every day, almost, and we both have video cameras.

Fishtankalphanewbie
5 posts

Posted:
I went to the link recommended above by Twistthem.
If you look at the training videos, there is a link to a site called jugglingwithatwist: https://jugglingwithatwist.com
. If you go there, there are some beginner videos, and they cover a lot of whwat is covered in the videos mentioned in my first post.
Anyone here do nunchaku? I am trying to make fire nunchaku, but I am having trouble. The weight is all wrong. They are too light. I thought about just adding some lead or something... maybe with a bolt, also, because I am afraid that glue would melt under heat, but I am also afraid that I will puncture my hand with lead. Suggestions, please?

Twisthem488member
187 posts

Posted:
found [Old link] just a few threads down from this one.

Im a Thespian, But I'll Act Normal Around You Guys