Kev_newbie
13 posts

Posted:
Hi all,

I am just getting back into fire spinning after losing my first and only set of poi a couple of years back during a house move. frown I loved my poi but I've decided I really want to learn some contact staff. Seems to be loads of good info here on moves and stuff which should keep me going for a while (ok, years ubblol), but to start with I need some advice on a good staff to buy for contact moves? I see the store has a new "contact friendly" inner core staff, anyone know if this is any good? When I used to read these boards a couple of years ago there seemed to be a few problems with the inner core staves they had then so I wasn't too sure about it. confused

Sorry if there's a thread for this already, I had a look and did a search and didn't find anything...

Cheers!

- Honk if you love peace and quiet!

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
i dont do contact,but good look with it,if its done cleanly contact staff is amazing
tim

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
maybe you should contact [Old link], as he is the best contact staffer i know and should be able to help you out.

have you considered making your own contact staff? just get 5mm aluminium tubing about as high as your shoulder, find a broom handle that will fit tightly inside, then screw wicks though the aluminium and broom handle. put a tennis racket grip in the middle of the staff and hey presto, your very own hand made contact staff! wink

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Kev_newbie
13 posts

Posted:
Back when I used to spin poi I actually started making my own staff but I have no idea what happened to it in the end, probably my girlfriend chucked it out. angry

Anyway, I decided to go with the Firetoys Fibre II 140mm contact staff, it should be here today!
biggrin

- Honk if you love peace and quiet!