yonatannewbie
1 post

Posted:
nice to meet you all, im yonatan from israel.

ive been spining staff for 3-4 years and im 18 yrs old. I was wondering if anyone can give me some new tricks for single staff (not contact) before i go on to double staff. i would like to know i covered everything possible with single staff, so give me all you got.
(videos are always very very good)

p.s.
if u got nothing for me im weeling to try some contact staff as long as its possible to perform with fire otherwise its kinda useless for me.

thanks all
and nice to be here (i was a member in the very old staff forum that with mot and others about 2 yrs ago i think).

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
please, introduce youreslf to the HoP search page, where you can find what you want without having to make a new thread. maybe instead of just asking us to do all the work you could have a look around. Considering you've made this thread its quite obvious you know where the 'staff moves' section is, so look for some! wink

Written by: yonatan

i would like to know i covered everything possible wiht single staff

ubblol you can never cover everything, but you can create whatever you want.

and you can introduce yourself to us in the [Old link] so those of us that werent around two years ago can get to know you

HaPpy HoPping

mjk

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
contact staff can be performed with fire - you just have to practise heaps smile

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Dude - welcome to HOP.

If its stick videos your after to date i recommend:
(lots of contact mind - but ideas are ideas)

[Old link]

[Old link]

[Old link]

[Old link]

and last but not least!

The learning temple of staff itself

There are loads more threads on this site with videos in - go look wink

biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
yes, dentrassi is right you can perform contact with fire. I've seen him do it personally and its awesome.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
eek

contact - with fire! - never!

thats just not possible wink

ubblol

Anything you can do with an unlit stick that doesnt involve touching the ends - you can do with a lit stick....... cool

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

eek

contact - with fire! - never!

thats just not possible wink

ubblol

Anything you can do with an unlit stick that doesnt involve touching the ends - you can do with a lit stick....... cool

I agree strugz... I've seen you spin ubblol

rolleyes

but if you are amply proportioned like me don't try waist / body wraps unless you have a REALLY long staff redface

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
you might like to have a look at my site there is a bunch of tutorials for staff and a few videos too

www.inspinerate.com

"Don't do it naked!"

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
It sux that instead of helping the guy out you guys give him the opposite of what he asked for :P nana Ud think kontact cured cancer the way some people go on about it eek ubblol peace You have to walk before you run. Id LOVE a thread dedicated to "normall" moves seeing as the forum is knotact only.

yonatan welcome

Have you tried giants? Extend you arm while spining, it can give a new look to the moves you already know.

Shotguns are cool basic moves i think they are related to triplespin. Simian has a video up here [Old link]
Behind the back and over the head passes are fun also and fit with btb throws etc finger spins are another but they might be classed as... ubblol /me waits to get the soapbox spank bye

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
contact is the sex. Not our fault you don't like it.

As if this guy is gonna come back here now, but if so:

The approving ninja does a nice line in weird and ugly non-contact spinning. See him in the UberStaff 05 video. Simian does some interesting techinical non-contact spinning, including all that one beat and anti-spin stuff. That's in his second to last video with UCOF, and some doubles variations in his XMAS one with ucof. Drew has some nice staff manipulations in his drewandstaff video as well as the spinning in paris ones. Plus mot shows some cool isolation ideas in one of his recent videos.

anybody less jetlagged than me can provide proper linkiez.

I personally just learnt the 'wrong way' BTH pass. (not the other way, the WRONG way.) plus obviously I love trying to do glowsticker style mindtricks with a staff, as well as fake contact. (griping the staff the whole time but making it look like you're doing contact. ie: poindexters)

Plus throws: blind throws, ass catches, throws that look like your doing contact, bth / btb catches, pirouettes....

then acrobatics... and so on.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
i have about two contact moves i do badly,i twirl and throw more than anything,but when im watching staff i reckon contact is the coolest,it just pulls me right-in,

yontan,i recomend (for what its worth)training your weaker hand until it is as smooth as your strongerr hand .this will definately help you on two staffs,
i believe there is an infinite(or nearly)amount of tricks for one staff so i dont think anyone will cover everything...................................tim