Katerpillarmember
19 posts

Posted:
Is anybody going to celebrate the solstice at Stonehenge this year? I've not been before and was wondering if there's likely to be fire - I know the official website says not but I keep seeing photos of fire from previous years.

Kat x

...dream is destiny...

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
I've been last three years and they've been ok with fire people. smile

It's smashing to be back x

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Its deffinately NOT my experience that theyre 'OK with fire people' part of the agreement with English Heritage ('owners of the Stones'!!!) is that there is NO fire within a certain distance of the Stones, I was a Steward about 4 years ago and was supposed to enforce that - NOT!!!
The next year I wnet and did it myself, but the Stewards/Security got arsey
Away from the Stones, ie carpark should be OK, but Sunrise festival would be LOADS better!!

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
if i could get a lift, i;d be there in an instant!!

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

MarnieGOLD Member
stranger
19 posts

Posted:
sorry guys, whats the url for the stonehenge solstice?

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
I shall be driving to Sunrise
I also have a few extra tickets, if anyones interested.Please PM me for possible lift and/or tickets

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Katerpillarmember
19 posts

Posted:
Thanks everyone - personally I'd rather go to Sunrise too but this isn't a festival thing, this is a me-and-my-friend-going-to-Stonehenge thing, I just hoped I'd get some fire in while I was there (I usually try to fit some fire in pretty much anywhere). Anyway I can't really afford another festival as I'm going to Shamania in July.

So I'll pack plenty of batteries instead of paraffin and get glowing!

Marnie, the url is: https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/server/show/ConWebDoc.5067xx

...dream is destiny...

DreamstateSILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
Firenix.

What are the tickets you have for: coach?

Katerpillarmember
19 posts

Posted:
Now the solstice is over, I thought I'd finish off my thread by answering my own question, for the benefit of future searching!

And the answer is.... drumroll....

categorically definitely and unambiguously there is NO fire at Stonehenge. I saw a couple of fires lit, including some poi, and the stewards had them out within about 30 seconds. There was some fire spinning in the car park but where's the fun in that? Lots of glow poi though, so I did some spinning anyway (before it started raining). It was all a bit organised for me so I shan't be going again, but it was good for the experience and to be among the stones.

Katherine x

...dream is destiny...