Forums > Social Discussion > Anyone have ideas for kids juggling games?

Login/Join to Participate

mairecnonnaSILVER Member
6 posts

Posted:
Hey there looking to pick ye're brains for some simple
juggling games .......some kids just get bored if they can't get it straight away ......so anything that's fun to keep them interested until they do get it would really help!!

Ladies and gentleman... we are floating in space!

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
depends on how old these "kids" are...and if you want to teach them to juggle, its best if the person teaching was also enthusiastic too. hmm juggling games...I'm sure some one can make one up in this forum.

I give hope to others but I keep none for myself.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
some 1-ball games:

simon says (obviously all about the ball).

stick in the mud high throws - see how high you can throw and catch a ball without moving your feet.
make them start off with really low throws and gradually with each throw, get higher - if they drop, they have to start again from the low throws.
this can get a bit unruly if you don't keep them in check though!

1-up pirouettes tend to go down pretty well too.
tends to descend into chaos as well but it gets the energy out of them.
if you get a kid that can do it well, its fun to get them to try double piurouettes and watch them fall all about the place.

a good prelude to simon says is 1-ball body throw practice (under legs, backcrosses, ass catches, lazy catches).

hope that helps.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
hmm.. you can do that icebreaker kind of game too, where you get everyone standing in a circle and throw the ball to each other... but then add more balls, maybe in different colours, so they have to say a word related to the ball colour that they catch, and if they get it wrong... well maybe they lose a limb (not literally) but they have to catch next time standing on one leg or with one arm behind their back or one eye close or something.... that might not make sense i made it up as i went along because the original game gets pretty boring.

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

mairecnonnaSILVER Member
6 posts

Posted:
Hey thanks guys!!
They are all really good ideas ........sound like fun and looking forward to the chaos. hoping to teach my class to juggle by the end of school year, if they learn nothing else from me at least they ll have a skill for life !they are all about 9or 10 yrs ..... .....get them when they re young hehehehe Thanks!

Ladies and gentleman... we are floating in space!

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
yes I agree in terms of teaching them when theyre young...I thank my parents for pushing me to do sports so yes! push them as much as you can...because when theyre older, it'l be harder to get them to learn;)
EDITED_BY: Sixth (1148335129)

I give hope to others but I keep none for myself.