Magickal_Kaleidoscopemember
119 posts

Posted:
just wandering whats the better 1.
i need every1s help
this could be one of the most important decisions ive ever made in my life.
thx

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
I don't own one, but PS2 = ISS Pro-Evolution Soccer. Nuff said

119 posts

Posted:
lol thx.

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
lol the last game system I bought was a Super Nintendo

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
Well Personally Xbox's suck, heres some info by MADDOX, and penny arcade exageration of x box and Xbox controllers and X box contollers again.PLus sonys reputation as a game system is exelent PS1 was good and so was PS2, but there is a game cube which i also like. but stick to the ps2, better games, better graphics, and not made by microsoft SCORE.

[ 21. January 2003, 18:58: Message edited by: fireboy ]

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

ivan..member
165 posts

Posted:
okay so when i went in to the store to ask wich was a better buy the response was " what do you want to play" i chose the PS2 and so far no complaints .... i can get all the games i want on my platform .. so all is well .. it's the same amount of money .. however accessories are cheaper for the PS2 .. ( extra controllers/memory cards etc..... ) i like the sony stuff and i like the games i can get

so i guess i like ps2 better

thats right i look like an albino ape that has had a bad day.. go ahead say something stupid... i dare ya !

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
well I guess what it really comes down to is this. Controllers! When PS1 came out it had the best controller of them all. PS2 has basically the same controller as the PS1, and it is still the best one. X-Box controllers look, feel, and are about as usefull as an overweight bat

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

SpArKiE*shiny shiny*
218 posts

Posted:
i own an XBox... and its pretty damn good.

you need no memory chips (as it has a 5G hard drive - er sumfin close to 5G) but incase u use all that memory u can buy them.

of course all its controllers and whatnot are more expensive- jus like PS probly were when the very 1st one orignally came out.

as for graphics- fucken awesome. its gotta shitload of power- jus a pity sum of the games dont harness it.

better dvd player than PS2. its got more dvd player options (zoom and whatnot- i duno the others i only use zoom) but im lead to believe that the ps2 doesnt have a zoom... plz correct me if im wrong- i jus cant remember it havin one.

sure there arent many games out but as i said before- its jus come out. the bigger games are now starting to sign so its all happening.

now ppl complain bout the size of it all. who cares? it plays games... thats all that matters (to me anyway) what do ppl expect? to be playin a xbox/ps2 the size of a disc-man???? in a few years im sure it'll reduce in size. but i dont think its that big.

its all what u personally want. i didnt want an xbox but i got one... and now im glad i did. my b/f's bros have a ps2, and i dont like the ps controllers... i like the xbox ones. sure they are big and chunky (although u can get a smaller sized one) i still like them. but that is personal choice.

and jus a comment on that maddox page- daymn could he rip apart the xbox any more than he did???

hope that helps!

And wherever you've gone and wherever we might go. It don't seem fair. Today just disappeared.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
PS2 has more games and is more way more popular than Xbox. However, the xbox does kick the PS2s ass when it comes to graphics, sound and the hard disk space. When it comes to price, I don't know about Australia, but Microsoft have been slashing the xbox price in the UK.
If you have broadband, then xboxs online stuff will be superb. I have doubts that PS2 will ever go online outside of Japan.
Basically PS2 has a greater range of choice, but xbox has a few games that are really good.
The PS2 is a pretty dull looking black box. The xbox is a massive, ugly, lumpy monstrosity that looks like its powered by flubber.
Xbox just wins it for me. But I'd rather have both.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
i am a huge fan of the Xbox BUT it is gonna decline, and it'll stop being produced before the PS2, because peeps trust Sony more than Microsoft wen it come to gaming. Sad truth but there you go. i chose PS2 over Xbox, and i havn't regretted a single game. Also it lookes like in 3/4 years computer games will be made for all consoles, not "only for Xbox". Go for PS2.

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
Xbox isn't going to just fade away, at least no time soon. Microsoft will pump money into it even if it means making massive losses, because they're trying to break into the console market and get solid public awareness for "Xbox 2" or "GatesSphere" or whatever its gonna be.
As for games being totally cross-platform in 3/4 years, I doubt it. As long as console manufacturers have the money to obtain exclusive contracts from developers, then they'll do it. Apart from that, there are many games that play on particular consoles strengths, most notably on Xbox at the moment, with games taking advantage of the hard disk to provide much larger environments than PS2 or Gamecube could handle (like Halo, Morrowind, Championship Manager).

Don't want to come across as an Xbox groupie or anything. Actually the Gamecube is my favourite console at the moment. The problem with xbox and ps2 is that the majority of games are overly concerned with appearing "adult" or "cool". Videogames are neither of these things.
Gamecube games are about bright colours and fun, which is much nicer

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
Most important decision of your life? Wow, what an easy life. I think deciding to fill up my car with Mobil or Hess gasoline is a more important decision. LOL.

Anyway, it comes down to what you need.
From a performance standpoint: XBox has better graphics and sound.
From a comfort standpoint I think that the Sony family has better controller. You may be able to find an adapter though.
If you're into multiplayer gaming, the XBox has a better online solution than the PS2. Reviews have shown it to work easier and XBox only has one online setup, as opposed to the PS2 which is game dependant. Check out this article Xbox Live: Our First Look At Online Console Gaming at Tom's Hardware Guide.
The prices between them are usually similar.
When looking at total games, the PS2 wins. It can play it's own which there are more of from being a year older. And it can play PS1 games.
Speaking of games, look at the games you want to play. See which system contains them. Often times they're on both. That may help choose.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
lets me settle this with five little magik words.....
GRAND THEFT AUTO VICE CITY!!
making me firmly on the PS2 side of things!

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I've been all about my Xbox because it has Mechassault. Which has robots. I like robots.

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
I am a video game addict and I have noticed that in the last 6 months a lot of the good games coming out have been for the Gamecube.

I have a PS2 and it is the premier system right now but I wouldn't buy one with the PS3 coming out in a year or so.I wouldn't buy an Xbox if you gave me the money for one.Anyone remember the Dreamcast?It had better everything than the PS2 and where is it now?Microsoft does not have enough games and it's not getting the support from third party game makers that Sony or Nintendo has.Also they weren't breaking even selling them for $300 how long they are willing to lose money on this is questionable.I could be wrong but I think there is already a plot laid out for the Xbox in the video game system cemetery.Plus the Xbox2 or whatever they are gonna call it is gonna be out in unison with the PS3.

If you want to have some crazy fun with video games I would tell you to get a Gamecube.If action is more for you than get a PS2.The Xbox is a good system but it hardly has anything worth playing.

In closing I have three words for you

SMASH BROTHERS MELEE
SMASH BROTHERS MELEE
SMASH BROTHERS MELEE

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
quote:
originally posted by kittytheravequeen...
lets me settle this with five little magik words.....GRAND THEFT AUTO VICE CITY.
THIS GAME HAS MADE ME A PLAYSTATION WIDOW...
Arsns eyes glaze over when he sees this game...he forgets who I am!!!
But yeah I fully agree with you...it is one funky game....

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
Kittytheravequeen - I'm soooooo with you on that call!

Valura - My girl loves playing it, maybe you should get there and mug some cubans too!

Simian - Xbox was about a hundred bucks cheaper than PS2 during Xmas time this year, it had to be, they're being slaughtered in the sales department. Did you see how quickly it fell from release price, PS2 was at release price for about 7 - 10 months!

It's all been said above but basically, IMHO, Xbox is a far superior piece of machinery. Net ready, hard drive, first to announce an up and coming headset for online 'chatting' although PS2 has one in the pipeline as well (imagine playing tactical military games and being able to verbally describe position etc. to people in other places - I can't wait). Not to mention the ability to listen to music of YOUR choosing during games. No more crappy, repetitive, cheesy electronica or dull rock/metal. Plus if a friend had a CD and you're not sure if you're in to it you can dump it on to the Xbox and listen to it whilst you play before deciding to buy! It shits me that Sony will sell peripheral hard drives in the future but not do the work to include it in the original console (it is a smart marketing move though).

Xbox online is owned by microsoft and you have to give them your money to get on to the network.

PS2 online let's YOU shop for a cheap ISP and govern where your money goes.

But ultimately consoles are about one thing - games. And for that PS2 is leagues ahead. More variety, established titles and exclusivity. GTA (3 and Vice City), Gran Turismo, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy. Games like Tony Hawks's Pro Skater and Metal Gear Solid (even though this first appeared on Nintendo PS1 took it to new heights)were made in to the best games on PS. So far Xbox has what, like Halo. All the others are mostly rip-offs of PS2 games (Sega GT - I mean it's no Gran Turismo).

PS2 hold more than %65 of the console market. As a games developer where are you going to focus?

In Xboxes defence they have only had a year or 2 to create games whereas on Playstation they've got nearly a decade of game design experience for consoles, xbox may catch up in quality of games but for now, my moneys strongly on PS2. Can you tell?

[ 22. January 2003, 11:35: Message edited by: BEZERKER ]

Chotysmember
91 posts

Posted:
Xbox for sure...have you PS2 people played Halo or Unreal Championship...?

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
Chotys, yep played them both Halo = one of the best FPS ever. Unreal tournament = no good as a single player game without online play (just my bigotted opinion). Every other game I've played, aside from staples like NBA Live, have been poor imitations. PS2 is the good for more entertaining games games. Mind you my heart twinged when I saw the Bruce Lee game announced as Xbox only.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
The advantage of a X Box is in the internal memory, no memory cards are needed. Also it has a whole lot more RAM then PS2 so game load faster and DVDs look better. It has 4 controler places instead of two and can be used over the internet and with some games you can use your voice to controle CGCs (Computer Generated Characters.)

Advantage of the PS2 is that it plays DVDs out of the box.

Personally I enjoy my X-BOX more than my room mates PS2. The controler is more comfertable and the ability to connect 3 other X-BOXs to yours allowing you to play with 15 other people makes the BOX alot better than PS2.

For a first generation game system from MicroSoft it is excellent.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Chotysmember
91 posts

Posted:
Well the greatest thing about PS2's i must say( even though i'm an Xbox man) is the butt loads of sweet games like Legacy of Kain, Devil May Cry and the final fantasy saga and funky shit like that...still got fingers crossed for some decent Xbox games in the near future though...

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
long live, PS2, long live grand theft auto!! Valura my ex-boyf wud know how you feel!! i made him a GTA widow too!!

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

PoiDragonmember
33 posts

Posted:
what does this have to do with POI?
just curious....

fyi....I'm posting from school....just fnished taking finals and got free ime to talk to all you people and reply to the stuff

The Dragon of The Poi

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
erm not alot, but hey its kewl to talk bout stuff woteva it is!

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I spin poi, these other folk spin poi.... sooo it works

Ohh did you see that new poi spinning game for x box?

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

119 posts

Posted:
i guess ps2 it is
down with microsoft
down with america

isnt sony american aswell.
guess sometimes u can never win.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Blackstar, Homeofpoi isn't the place to voice comments like "down with America".

"Down with Microsoft" is ok, as it doesn't sound like racism.

and Sony is JAPANESE...

But aside from that, I'd actually play some games on both and buy the console that has the games you like, specs aren't any use unless they are applied to something you enjoy?

Let us know when you get one too please...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

119 posts

Posted:
sry about that charles.
im just not happy about all this war now there dragging Australia in it or our Government is sending us off i dont know 1 person except our pm who would support sending Australian troops specially without UN backing.
But when it comes down to it America will not stop untill theyve taken over the world.

Killing millions of innocent people will not bring peace

(Sole)Sparkfixerupera of strangness maximus
147 posts

Posted:
well i own both the xbox and ps2 and xbox shits all over the ps2 its a waste of money
but who cares i dont play any more im to busy fire twirling and going out so dont stay at home and play games get out there
or atlest get stoned before you play games guys then is mad

soulspark

yay up to 5 beat weave only 4 more to get to 9 :P

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Between Super Smash Brothers Melee and Mortal Kombat 5 it's surprising I have time for anything other than video games and poi.

Believe it or not the Gamecube is a kick@$$ system.