wonderloeyenthusiast
255 posts

Posted:
Am I alone on HOP in being in love with the whole Nerds FC team?

For those who aren't from Oz/don't watch SBS, its the only reality TV show that has remotely appealed to me of late. Basically its taking a team of self-confessed nerds from Sydney universities, and trying to build them into a soccer team that will take on one of the Australian league teams.

There's very little soccer involved for some reason, but the real reason to watch it is the guys. They are funny and self deprecating and incredibly enthusiastic, albeit a bit eccentric.

There's a die-hard lefty that wanted to run the team as a collective, a guy who wrote his own language, and a guy with a monobrow that takes over his whole face. Am I alone in loving this show?
web page

"You've gone from Loey the Wonder Lesbian to everyone wondering if you are a lesbian." - Shadowman

Yesterday is yesterday. If we try to recapture it, we will only lose tomorrow.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
its hilarious! i just like the fact they made a team song, and are actually the ones singing it, even though they have shocking voices! its so great, defintaly one of the best reality tv series.

and the guy who made his own language? ubblol at least the show did actually get real nerds. he is the only one who can read/speak and write it. whats the point? ubblol

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Patriarch917SILVER Member
I make my own people.
607 posts

Posted:
Don't knock the language thing. That's what got Tolkien going. smile

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:

^ precicely what i was going to say. Elvish is a "real" language, and i even know a couple die-hard lotr fans that actually speak it (maybe not fluently, but they do speak it).

i haven't actually seen this show though, i must look out for it, sounds good.

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie