PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
This was inspired by in a recent thread I said I enjoy reading comics and I received a couple of emails surprised about it, and I recently spoke in an email with Adam Rice about my hobby of auto racing. For me spinning and performing is a profession not a hobby, so I have other hobbies, some of which I guess are either not normal for a girl or don't fit in with people's image of me. What about you do you think we would all find surprising about you???? It doesn't have to be a interest or hobby, but maybe habit or personality trait?Anyone who was at the ECSP can tell you I am kind of shy (until you get to know me), I suffer stage fright tremendously (as I mentioned before) and I am overly sensative...I cry at songs, books, movies, when I laugh...(I have overly active tear ducts...I swear! grin).Who's next? wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
im a big dork....I know i am smashing the "super"cool image that i have created in everyones minds, but it is true...That and i have no sense of humor what-so-ever...hee heeill have to really think about this to form a serious answer...good topic though Pele.Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
I'm a big kid.I have a big box of crayolas and I love to color, I have a crate of sidewalk chalk- it is the coolest. I try to cram into those little kid rides in the malls that are way to small for me, I also like to play in the mud.I once had a pet squirrel, his name was Samson. I love the three stooges. my favorite TV channel is the cartoon network.I play lots of video games. I eat marshmallow fluff with a spoon...*LMAO*ok i'll stop before I scare you all away. grin------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

frodusmember
92 posts

Posted:
Ok,I build/race Radio controlled Gas CarsI go to a LOT of ravesI swing glowsticks/firei go to Virginia TechI help take pics for a website:www.digitalempire.orgthere are lots of pics of glowsticks, and trails and stuff from raves/parties------------------Peace,Travis IM: frodus17

Peace,Travis IM: frodus17

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hmmm, Pele, I had to think hard about this one. I think I'm really obvious. What you see is what you get. But then I think of people that don't know me real well or I'm just getting to know. I think they're surprised by the hard times I've had in life. Especially about having mono for two years. Then that may be a hard thing to believe about anyone who's healthy and able-bodied now. I've also had my brother die and my mother go mad (like hospitalized, psychotic kind of crazy. Not the typical neorosis we've all got.) On the whole, I'm a very happy person. (Too much so for some, especially at work.) I so love and appreciate the blessings I see now. People take that for naivete, but it's the joy after the storm. Diana

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I dont think there is anything I could say about me that would surprise anybody...I guess I dont wallow in my own position in the system - rather I enjoy it, and take the piss and take it all way too seriously at the same time smileI think about things to ridiculous degrees...but those who know me would know that...hmm...nah nothing interesting or non-typical.I just moved out of home! smile)Living on a property 1 hour nth east of Adelaide...we got cows now! smileI enjoy painting UV active artwork for Trance-related events? I guess thats the farrest out thing I do - although everyone I know thinks I'm weird - I dunno why..anyhow - a little more insight for those that care, and a few more bytes of wasted cyberspace for those that dont smileJosh

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I permit myself to get hooked on crap tv shows: Temptation Island, Survivor, Big Brother etc.i enjoy watching that bollocks!!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Personality trait...People laugh at me when I say I am shy. But it's true I am, the only thing is I come up as cool and aloof. Better than a gibbering mess! I am becoming better at trying to warm to people I don't know. Alcohol helped me get over my inhibitions at first and then I learned to manage without alcohol.So if I meet any of you and you think I am a stuck-up cow, you'll know why!My hobbies are horseriding, snowboarding, karate and fire poi.I also love art and my dream as a little girl was to become a fashion designer. I was accepted to art college and turned it down because my parents told me they would help set me up in business in my home town! Nice parents,but...So I studied Marketing & Japanese and decided to see more of the World! A decision I've never regretted as I have met wonderful people, my boyfriend.When people in Japan ask me why I started studying Japanese though I always tell them it is because of 'the culture' and not because I was trying to escape my hometown.Some things that not many people know about me. ------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
I constantly surprise myself. To begin with, I am very quiet, but anyone who knows me wouldnt be surprised by that. Ill go out with friends, and if the vibe is not right, Ill just watch and throw in my comments sparingly. I also over think Everything! Pick it apart, stretch it out, mash it up, till the original thread of thought is totally not there anymore... I didnt really have a childhood, had to be very adult from an early age, so now that I am making my own decisions, I have decided to regress back here and there to my inner child, who I am not going to lose. When the time is right, and material/physical now troubles get fixed, we will be reunited! I long for the day!To all: Much peace and respect! smile------------------~I dont care if they eat me alive, Ive got better things to do than survive. ~Ani

Wow

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Fire is definitely the biggest "outlier" for me, at least in terms of the way others perceive me. Actually, I'll admit I surprised myself when I discovered how much I enjoyed fire-twirling. It taps into...something in me that I've never tapped into before.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
I have 6 tubs of play-doh and regularly use them.Im a computer geek to the whole, find conversations on linux and windows and gaming all very interesting and actively participate in network gaming (most people who meet me would never pick me for a nerd).I wanna buy a car racing track and ahve that circling my apartment.Like N8, i love crayolas and have heeaps of colours, those fat textas rock....i guess i could go on, but at heart, im a big child, and love it smile

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

Girl From Marsmember
168 posts

Posted:
hum. i gotta think about this.well i have many weird habits that n8 believes proves that i'm truly a martian, he could probably name the better than me. like my eating habits, i've made myself jello sandwiches (bread and jello). god i dont even know. n8 help me out here.... smile.i know first impressions of me that people tell me is that they instantly think i'm a pot head or smoke like a chimney or drink a ton. i get stage fright pretty easily, i'm slowly overcoming that. some people when i meet them i'm totally open and full of laughs and smiles if i'm comfortable with meeting them. but on the other hand i can be really really really shy. you wouldn't every guess....for example. i got asked out for a date by this kid at school that was totally hot and he was in like two of my classes. so i said yes sure. we were suppose to play pool that night and i called and made up a lame excuse cause i chickened out. i dont know why i get so shy to the point where i wuss out. um.........i get a big kick out of messing with people, i have a sick sense of humor. i'm extremely blunt most of the time. i'm a SNL and stand up comedian fanatic. "psychotically obsessed with NO DOUBT"~N8.i'm surprisingly thin......i where baggy jeans and clothes (i shop in the guys section). people that meet me have no clue i have a butt or huge tits till they catch me one day with my vinyl pants and skimpy tops on when i go to the clubs.um.......besides the fact no one understands the relationship n8 and i have, i'm not really sure what other weird things i have. like i said N8 help me out here. ------------------the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

gάrbǿ²addict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
I am greade 8 at the trumpet, thats sonmething you wouldn't think of a fire performer.peace outgarbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
My hobbies include:Drama and singing, although I do that far less now than I wish.Playing computer games, I also make them check out https://up.to/only777.Watching
dvd's, my flatmate has over 400 of them!Hanging out with my mates and clubbing, although that can be mixed with other hobbies.Jez

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Ok ive got it!!!One of my favorite shows is....dare i say it? yes i do...Power Puff Girls. They whoop such major ass, its not funny. I am a chocoholic, but i will not eat chocolate pudding. I actually have a a short fuse...but you have to get me in that zone before it blows...and only one person has ever seen my full rage. A guy that forced himself on my soon to be wife back in highschool at a party i couldnt go to. Then he told everyone at school the next day that he had his way with her...and that she let him do anythig he wanted to her. I regret the extent of the pounding i inflicked on him now, but only the extent.Ive told very few people that that happened, even she doesnt know what exactly happened...But on a lighter note..what elseOh yeah !!!! I love the crocodile hunter...Steve Irwin is the man!! I dont think Jennifer lopez is that hot, and i wish Arnold Schwarzenegger should be president..Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

- Mark Twain

ykaterinaBRONZE Member
107 posts

Posted:
well, in person almost everyone knows everything, cause i blab alot.but for you online types: i'm 6' tall and used to be a competitive kick boxer. i'm all tough and shit but i got it to the spine in a match and so really, i'm a total wus now. smileooh, ooh! here's one! my partner's sister is the governor of massachusettes, so a couple times a year i get gussied up in a big honkin (or skinny little) ball gown and go to state dinners!

Jessemember
118 posts

Posted:
Surprising about me? Not much really. I'm such an oxymoron to begin with that there isn't really much that people find surprising anymore...Aside from maybe the fact that I really don't like kids. (There are, of course, a few noteable exceptions here.) I guess people are surprised by this because I don't use that as an excuse for not knowing what to do with one. That and kids really seem to like me for some reason. (I think that may be a phenomenon similar to when I go over to my friend Angus' house and his cat's SWARM all over me because they can tell I'm alergic to them...) Anyway... It sounds like a terrible thing to say, but it's true. And it's surprising. (Floored the heck out of a friend I used to babysit for. She had no idea... her only response was, "But Akilie LOVES you!" Well that's 'cause I know what I'm doing. I love him to, but that doesn't mean I have to like the loud, stinky little bugger. There's a difference.)

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
HA!Ok weird stuff I know about the Martianyikes....This might take a while.She's Italian and does NOT LIKE TOMATOES shockedI'm Italian as well, and that bugs the hell outta me.She mentioned her obssesion with NO DOUBT right? sigh... sometimes I feel like I'm going to be replaced by that band...She hugs everyone- sometimes total strangers.By all definitions she is a guy. Likes video games, likes Playboy for the pictures, gorey movies, Action flicks, kung fu, etc.She has an incredible body... (but that's just her boyfriend talking) grinShe puts honey dijion mustard on EVERYTHING,I'm waiting for her to put it in her soup- LOL.She had laughing fits where she can't stop laughing for like hours, NO I'M SERIOUS, she laughed for 45 minutes once. Its amazing.She is very comfortable with her body, (ask her about the naked mile, or how she won the bottle of Southern Comfort at money night, heehee)She seems really passive, but I am fully confident that she could beat the hell out of most guys.She's right about our weird relationship, no one understands it. Ok here's the way it looks without gross explaination- we've been together for a almost 4 years, but we flirt with other people all the time. We even mess around with other people on occasion, but we're both ok with that because physical effection and Love are two different things for us.I'd think of more but I'd be writting all day. smileshe's such a weirdo.

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
I'm a birder, otherwise known as a birdwatcher...which i know evokes the image of little old ladies with birdfeeders...but i'm only a little nerdy about it honest.I do it as a hobby but I have my degree in zoology so i've also been a professional bird bander/ surveyor for the forest service.basically all of the travelling I do is birding oriented which usually takes you to some really cool places or weird places like sewerage treatment farms (the one at Windsor, west of Sydney australia is particularly good)...occasionally I lower myself to "twitching" ie traveling out of my way for a rare bird I havnt seen before but usually i just go out for the fun of being outside. If i am outside I am never not birding, I do most of it by ear and theres never not birds around. sometimes i play the 'game' of listing as many species as possible on a trip but usually i am pretty happy just to see anything. and butterflies, frogs, mammals, flowers tend to get encountered along the way too. and i also have this random ritual of the birding trip whereby to ensure good bird karma, a bag of spearmint leaves has to bought at a gas station and spilled all over the floor of the car to ensure a good day. and also i know where every early morning dunkin donuts and bess eaton donuts is within about a 100 mile radius of here. smilesort of an obsession, yeah.Peregrine

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
People are suprising things, there's no doubt. Bromeliads would be one of my main passions, going to bromeliad shows, growing them from seed, photgraphing them and generally being fairly obsessed about their botanical names. But to look at me you would'nt know that.Fishing's another one, I've been mad keen since I was little. Most blokes find that suprising for a girl. cool[This message has been edited by Ade (edited 03 May 2001).]

TallJugglermember
41 posts

Posted:
None of you have known me long enough for me to shock you but here are some facts. I love juggling, unicycling and poi, I also like to do models and listen to all types of music (no really favorite band at all). I am a pastors kid, like to day dream a lot, and enjoys computer games, paintball, and comics (big fan of the X-men).

Oh LordForge me in the fire of your mightLet your flames burn higher and brighterMake me pure and holy in your siteAnd cleanse me with thy consuming fire

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
alright...you dragged it out of me grinI am a rocker...from 70's Kiss to Godsmack..including the big hair bands of the 80's..I've seen most in concert BUT I listen to top 40 too. I know..beat me now!!!I am also addicted to those damn cheesy WB tv shows...Buffy, Angel, Gilmore Girls and Charmed. Like Fear on MTV as well. *sigh*------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

mrhairymember
10 posts

Posted:
Hobbies and habits.Leaping around, humming, tapping my feet, smelling the smells, throwing people around, being skinny, spitting, rolling around, grinning grin, pointing my toes, pedalling, twisting arms, bathing, eating, talking to myself, going SPLAT, smiling smile, chucking stuff around, cooking stuff, lip synching, cracking my knuckles (and my knees, hips, back, neck, elbows and wrists), breathing, blinking, stretching, twitching, learning to be left handed, swinging sticks, wondering, going to bed.There's probably more.Out of all of these I definitely best at being skinny.

Don't dream it, be it.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
guilty pleasure.. 80's movies...god i love them. Romancing the Stone, revenge of the nerds, pretty in pink, weird science, goonies....all those old cheeseby todays standards movies.I am also a movie watching freak. I use to write up movie reviews on my old message board.I like classical music. This surprises people because i was the hardcore head banger in highschool. (Metallica Rulz)Oh heres one...I have a strong resemblence to Corey Feldman...you know the once child star that always acted with corey Haim. he was in Goonies, Stand By me, Rock & Roll High School Forever, Bordello of Blood, Lisence to Drive (with a very young Heather Gram). I still get comments that i look like him. Not as much as when i was younger though. I actually had a woman that worked in a store here in Houston, Texas that thought i was him. Everytime my fiance and i would alk n the store shed go "Hi Corey". I thought she was just doing it to be funny, but then she started getting creepy, cause she asked where i stayed, and she kept asking me questions about movies, and when i will do another one..Then i said "you do know i am NOT corey Feldman" and she got sort of pissy about it.We didnt go back in that Target for a couple of months, i dont think she works there anymore...That was actually sort of scary..I saw the Steven King movie "Misery". Shiieeet.Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

- Mark Twain