Forums > Social Discussion > Carbon dioxide: they call it pollution; we call it life Ad in USA

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
US ads praise carbon dioxide By Deborah Zabarenko in Washington 18may06

A LITTLE girl blows away dandelion fluff as an announcer says, "Carbon dioxide: they call it pollution; we call it life", in an advertisement targeting global warming "alarmists", especially Al Gore.

Herald Sun Newspaper

Anyone know what’s going on with this Competitive Enterprise Institute?????

confused

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

ickleMattenthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Hey interesting news: Tycoons urging Blair to curb CO2

So it seems some business men have actually realised the long term consequences. As Tony is in love with big business it should be interesting to see how this procedes

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
or BB realized they can look good if they start looking environmentally friendly. Then, people start buying their products, and business goes up for them

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Humans tsk tsk... here is a cute animation... maybe those in opposition to the ad can use it...

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Bump.

I was searching for a suitable thread to bump on global warming when I found this one. I don’t even remember starting it, but it will do.

I’ve always been amazed that in a freethinking community like HoP so many people seemed to be in denial about global warming, basically ignoring the obvious.

So, to the skeptics out there, what do you make of the following story?

US shops ration food for first time

“The drastic move is the first time that food rationing has been introduced in the US.

US RETAIL giant Wal-Mart is rationing rice sales to protect dwindling supplies as the global price skyrockets and producers such as Australia struggle to keep up with demand.

Tim Johnson, of the California Rice Commission, said: “This is unprecedented. Americans — particularly in states such as California — have on occasion walked into a supermarket after a natural disaster and seen that the shelves are less full than usual, but we have never experienced this.”

Food prices across the world have rocketed in the past two years, driven by increased demand for corn — the grain that is fermented to produce ethanol, the biofuel. With corn a main foodstock in dairy farming, milk has doubled in price in two years.”

Ok, global warming is not mentioned in this article, but I's suggest people would have to be living in a fools paradise if they weren’t prepared to accept global warming (droughts in Australia, Vietnam etc.) as the driving force behind global food shortages.

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Page: ...