Forums > Social Chat > Who's this fire group? Blur party 2005

Login/Join to Participate

Gnarly CraniumSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
Here's some closeups, and I just uploaded some pics and a short video to my gallery.

Non-Https Image Link

I took these photos at Fireball, the Blur Studios company party at the Henry Fonda Music Box Theater in Hollywood last summer at SIGGRAPH 2005. This was the second year in a row SIGGRAPH had been in LA, and the second year Blur got Crystal Method to come and play (and boy do they ever seem to like us, who knew a bunch of computer geeks could rock so hard?). The first year's party was dubbed the Aquabash, and had a theme with jellyfishes and things hanging from the ceiling-- both years had silk aerialists that performed right above the dance floor, but only the second party had fire.

The stage space was pretty small, the club was very dark and very noisy. The performance was impressive-- it may have been the first I've seen, but they were clearly pros, with very nice costumes and gear, and some challenging work, better than anything I've seen since. They did poi and fire fans on 3' stilts, acrobatics, poi, fire hooping (girl on lower left), more poi, etc, all very high-energy and fun. There was one more guy doing some of the acrobatics and poi also but I didn't get any shots of his face.

I can't seem to find any mention of the party in Google searches, much less the name of the group. Anybody recognize them or know where I should look? I'm very curious to find out who they are, in case they might have more cool footage on a website somewhere, and so I can look out for them if they do a performance in my area sometime. Also I'd like to be able to give proper credits to the photos.

"Ours is not to question The Head; it is enough to revel in the ubiquitous inanity of The Head, the unwanted proximity of The Head, the unrelenting HellPresence of The Head, indeed the very UNYIELDING IRRELEVANCE of The Head!" --Revelation X

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Crikey dunno.....but gimme a peice of the guy top left any day! wink
Good luck trackin them!

(and let me know when you do..... tongue)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
that guy top left looks a bit like Cole!! eek

Let's relight this forum ubblove

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
that's what I thought...

(both Maus and Dunc ubblol)

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Really!??

Although i've never actually properly met Cole....

*goes off to search for photos*

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Nope....i disagree....although the Cole...man...is also very bootiful! biggrin

Gnarly CraniumSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
Yep, they are purty!

I guess I was thinking maybe they'd be high-profile enough somebody might know of them.. though this is an international board and they're most likely American, which narrows it down some. Ah well.

"Ours is not to question The Head; it is enough to revel in the ubiquitous inanity of The Head, the unwanted proximity of The Head, the unrelenting HellPresence of The Head, indeed the very UNYIELDING IRRELEVANCE of The Head!" --Revelation X