Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Weave or 4 or 5 beat weave?

Login/Join to Participate

GummiSuckernewbie
5 posts

Posted:
Rite I have been trying and trying to figure out how to do the 4-5beat weave and I'm not even sure if I am gettin it right so I thought the best fing was to record the move and let you guys tell me what am move am I doing? Is it still a weave or am I doing a 4 or 5 beat weave?

Heres the link to the video

My video of my move

Beginner at Poi, Very keen to learn from other people and progress onto fire poi eventually.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
welcome smile
Hello and welcome to HOP! bounce hug2

Before I give you the links to other threads that might help you get the 4 or 5 beat weaves, did you actually look? umm
The board has been changed so that it automatically finds the most relevant threads to what you have typed in before it lets you create a new thread. shrug

Here is [Old link] very very useful thread which should be saved in everyone's favourites.
[Old link] is another useful thread with relevant stuff at the bottom.

[Old link] is the final one.
I wish I could see the video but alas, I am at work and I cant use shockwave which is what photobucket shows videos as (*.flv?)

I hope that helps smile

GummiSuckernewbie
5 posts

Posted:
Thank you, I think Home of Poi is the business to help me with my spinning!

Neway, Yeh I did have a look but I felt that as much as I read all the advice etc. which I did then went out and tried the move and then I thought I mite've got it! So i record and just want to clarify if it is the move or not. When I end up doing a move I dont think about where my hands are, I ended up doing it naturally. So i want to make sure that I am doing a 4-5 beat weave lol.

Please do check out the video if you can when you can, would be much appriecated. Thanks.

Beginner at Poi, Very keen to learn from other people and progress onto fire poi eventually.

GummiSuckernewbie
5 posts

Posted:
On second thoughts, on viewing the video again I think im just doing the weave. Arrrrgh, Patience is the key lol.But please people lemme no. Thanks.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I shall indeed watch the video when I return to the place which I reside which I call home. umm

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Unfortunately, I don't think having shockwave has helped me figure out what you're doing. Maybe if you did it much slower I could definitely say that you're doing a 3 beat weave. But the quality of the video multiplied by the speed of the move multiplied by the type of poi have made it impossible for me to say for sure what you're doing.

Naw... I take it back. It's a 3 beat weave. The hip wiggle to wrist wiggle ratio is 1:3. And since that's the only thing I can really see that's all I've got to go on.

Unless UCoF disagrees. In which case I agree with him. But only because he's cute.

But you go "Just do the weave fast" girl. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Mr_widdeat my face before i eat yours
253 posts

Posted:
I agree with NYC it is a 3 beat, but very heard to figure out. Slow the poi right down as much a you can, it gives you much more time to figure out what your doing and well it looks alot better i think. Try learning it without the poi. Put the poi down and just practise the hand movements, i found this very useful when learning weaves.

EDITED_BY: nickwidd (1147778179)

GummiSuckernewbie
5 posts

Posted:
Doggone it, I thought it was. mmmm more practising me thinks, i find it tough cos i get real stressed with it, but i still stick to it. I think the 4,5 beat weave im really struggling with it cos its developing the move further and im so used to just doin the 3 beat weave.

Thanks tho smile

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Yep, I'll concur it's a three beat. But look on the bright side, you're in the U.K. which means you're probably within spitting distance of someone who can actually show you the 4/5 weave, which will save you a lot of grief in the long run.

There was a thread around here a while ago that advocated learning the 4/5 using thru wraps. I can't find it though....Coleman ????

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
is that the same as what im doing at the start, just faster?

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=IBMF9E8Y

DedphrogSILVER Member
50 posts

Posted:
yep, same thing. 3bt weave