Forums > Introductions > Why is love the best drug?

Login/Join to Participate

CandySparkleBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
ubblove
I think being in love is the best cause my boyfriend always fixes my bike when I get a flat and my computer when I get a virus.
Although it may be sometimes annoying, I also think its kinda sweet that he get angry with me when I ride my bike too fast or when I dont wear my helmet.

Why do you think love is the best drug ever?

Candy Sparkle
x x x

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
hello candy ubblol

I believe we work at the same company wink now how about that. biggrin hug

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
its good, but not the best drug, i mean - ive had comedowns before........ but the love comedown is the worst smile

(sorry to put a downer on a happy thead, just speaking from experiance )

but like any drug - eventually - you get over it biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Hello Candy Sparkle,

this reminds me of that classic Roxy Music song, "love is the drug".

Bryan Ferry rocks my world baby! bounce

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

its good, but not the best drug, i mean - ive had comedowns before........ but the love comedown is the worst smile

(sorry to put a downer on a happy thead, just speaking from experiance )

but like any drug - eventually - you get over it biggrin

ubblol i was gonna put something like that strugz tongue

but then it's different strokes for different folks mate, where as some people get off on being in love others find other avenues of finding their own form of contentment hug

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Oh - and welcome to HOP biggrin

Im not nomally that depressing ubblol

ubbrollsmile

hug

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Hi Candy, welcome to HoP!

wave weavesmiley

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

CandySparkleBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
OMG! I cant believe you all wrote back! Its been months, like almost a year since I have checked on this post. I thought it was too corny and nobody would ever respond and was kinda bummed so didnt return. I am so glad you all did smile Thank you.

To Strugz,
I completely understand, I did not mean to be a fluffy love bunny and be insensitive to others past hurts. I have crashed and burned on drugs and love. But I left him and the drugs because I knew there was something real out there for me. Not easy man, I have been through it. Lots of pain that still haunts me everyday.

But you will be glad to know that I still feel the same way today as I did when I wrote that first post...my boyfriend is still the light in my life and still pumping my flat tyres and putting plasters on my wounds...flesh and soul. Its been 2 years (on the 29th July!) since we met and I would die a happy person tomorrow knowing I spent a single night with him. Its real, it happens, it happened to me. I cant believe it either...but something inside me always knew I would find true love and I knew that coming to this world and giving my love was what I was meant to do.

Jo Rhymes,
You are a legend, Bryan Ferrys' "Love is the Drug" is a favourite classic...should be a permanent stain on every mp3 player around the world!

Thanks to all of you again for posting, I will check this forum again in 6 months to see if there is a response
wink just kidding!!

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
here's a response!
wave

Now, do we have to wait another 6 months for you to fill out Doc's template so we can learn about you??

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
help please don't call love "the best drug" the F.D.A. might put it top of their list wink

welcome to the ballroom (and pls don't forget the most crucial of all questions on the bottom of the template - I get blisters by putting up signs and reminders) wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
hmmm, I'm not sure about love being the best drug...unlike dropping acid which you deliberately do, love can just happen even when you didn't ingest or inhale anything

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...