Forums > Social Chat > I crashed my car. It hurts

Login/Join to Participate

DrBooBRONZE Member
I invented the decaffinated coffee table.
453 posts

Posted:
Hello. I've been away for what seems like ages. Everything here seems new and strangely familiar...but that could be the diazepam....I have a good excuse though....

May 1st. We were off to a surfing lesson when the car slipped/skidded (found out later someone had been driving along earlier spilling diesel on the road), lost control, over corrected. The next thing we were veering towards one of Cornwall's lovely dry stone wall/hedges. We clipped the bottom of it, and mounted the hedge where the car tipped onto my (passenger) side. We belted along like this for a few seconds before rolling. We rolled off the hedge and down into a field, 8foot down. Straight onto the roof.

We crawled out of the broken windows, and I howled a lot. My bloke was covered in blood, all over the back of his head where the windscreen and sunroof had exploded. But he had ducked forward when we crashed, so the roof was not in his head, so to speak. I was fine. Whiplash and seatbelt bruises. Our car is, sadly, no more. frown

Anyone know how long whiplash takes to go away? I've been off work for almost two weeks now and it still hurts. Don't really want to take another week off. What's more, the week after next we're off to Scotland, so I'd have had a whole month off by the time I get back if I don't go back next week, which worries me. Forgive the rambling. Up to my eyes in painkillers.

Anyway, back to the crash. I screamed. Good set of lungs I seem to have. And I really thought I was going to die. A "this is it" moment among the "this is a dream" moments. And there were no flashes of my life. No slow motion. all I felt was "Bugger. How irritating. Just as I was enjoying myself".

So hooray! biggrin

I'm alive!

And so is my bloke!

And the world is a fluffy place..... wow

Hugs to you all (and thanks, Maus, for your message! I think I have some tiger balm somewhere....) hug

Sorry to hear about your leg Valura. Let's be in pain together.....

Boo x

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

If it costs "a penny for your thoughts", but people give you their "two-pence worth", who is getting the extra penny?

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
hug

You've got to love the good old Cornish hedges!

Whereabouts where you? I've fallen foul of diesel on the road too!

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug hug
Have some more just incase!

Have no idea how long whip lash takes to go away,but if none of the lovely doctor hoppers post anything in here here i'll give my Aunty a ring later on.

So glad that it wasn't more serious,especially now i've seen the state of the car.

You around at all over the next week,if someone were to perhaps pop over for a coffee and to return some stolen poi?

hug2 sunny hug2

DrBooBRONZE Member
453 posts

Posted:
I was on the A30, just after Drift. On the way to Sennen/Lands End.
When the police were helping us put the car the right way up - they were wonderful, went around for ages trying to find a tractor so we wouldn't have to pay for a crane and close the A30 - someone came up and gave them the number plate of someone who they'd seen leaking diesel earlier. angry

Maus, it would be wonderful to see you! I'm going to find out later if my Doc thinks I should go back to work or not. So I'll know then if I'm going stir crazy at home next week. But I'm bound to be around, so if you're about, give me a call.
hug

Boo x

If it costs "a penny for your thoughts", but people give you their "two-pence worth", who is getting the extra penny?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
don't think we've ever met but after reading your story i'm just very glad to hear you're both okay smile

hug

and pass this on to your bloke for me please: hug

hope you both recover as soon as possible.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

Dr boo, it sucks that you and your bloke came a cropper to "road furniture", i've skidded out a few times on diesel when i rode a motorbike so i kind of understand the frustration you have to the muppet that leaked it everywhere.
hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

GeoffonTour04SILVER Member
enthusiast
360 posts

Posted:
glad to hear you're ok, diesel is one of the worst things to encounter on the road (just under bad drivers). I crashed in december, and my whiplash/back pain has been getting much worse over the last month, I'd advise going to a GP asap

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
*gives you many many huggles*

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
DrBoo! Im glad to hear your ok and I wasnt left ownerless, hope you get better very very soon hug2 grouphug hug, your a tad accident prone arnt you lol im sure I recall reading about other accidents on the way to outings

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

DrBooBRONZE Member
453 posts

Posted:
thankx everyone

Hmmm my little Chinchilla...Trains......big metal boxes....stuck on long metal things...I'm familiar with the concept. Not seen any down our way though... Damned expensive too, I hear.
But yes. Cars and I do not mix well. Even when I'm shaken around in them.

Doc has signed me off for another week. Stir crazy boredom here I come....
ubbloco

Boo x

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
lol yes I did suggest trains but when they crash they crash worse ubbloco, so I edeted ubbrollsmile

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
W

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Will try and pop in at some point over the weekend if you're around hun?
Have to go down to Falmouth to pick ups ome rigging,but should have time to swing by yours on the way back?
Most likely Sunday morning?

hug

DrBooBRONZE Member
453 posts

Posted:
Should be fine, Maus. Look forward to seeing you then!
Oh, and by the way....rigging?

Boo x

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
For a gig on Bank holiday weekend....lots of poles and manly stuff like that! wink

Will give you a text in the morning and let you know for definate!

DrBooBRONZE Member
453 posts

Posted:
Cool.
Just as a warning. Our house smells of lavender cos of the pillow I've been putting on my neck. So I apologise that we smell a bit like an old lady..... wink biggrin

Boo x

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Thats alright....i quite like the smell of lavender!
or is it old ladies....hmm...either way i don't mind! ubblol

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
aw, glad you're okish, best hun! hug

Do some physio maybe if you're hurting? Just painkillers seems silly, but really ask a doc about what you can do they might have exercises...

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

DrBooBRONZE Member
453 posts

Posted:
Thanks Kyrian.
I'm keeping moving as much as pos. Which is what the doctor said the physio would have me do anyway - making sure I move my head around every hour or so.
I don't like taking painkillers, especially diazepam, so am trying to use heat as much as I can instead.
I think massage might help...but then I think massage helps everything biggrin

Boo x

JonnyRokBRONZE Member
Look! I'm Darth Bunny!
446 posts

Posted:
 Written by: coleman

don't think we've ever met but after reading your story i'm just very glad to hear you're both okay smile

hug

and pass this on to your bloke for me please: hug

hope you both recover as soon as possible.

ditto
Even if I dont no ya, your on Hop, which is good enough for me, Glad to hear you're alright hug

Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!
Yo ho fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Saw the pictures.. eek

I'm really glad you two managed to get out of it alive hug.. It could have been a lot worse considering all that impact on the upper half..

Whiplash.. I've had it from a bad bicycle accident- was rubbish for ages, but it eventually did go away. Hope yours does too.

Anyway, that's more-than-rationed accidentness per individual per lifetime. I think it's time you bought yourself a lotto ticket wink

hug

Get better soon!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
oh sweetie! what a shocking thing to have happen!

I hope your feeling better soon... if not pop over the aussie and have a recovery holiday! I have some painkillers we can share! smile smile ubblol

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
hug

Glad you're both ok (-ish). Like they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger smile

hug2

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...