Forums > Social Chat > I have a stupid fear of clowns

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
ok well the puppet (inside the glass box) at Blackpool isnt a clown but that thing freaks me out....while its moving around and flailing its arms incoherently. and its laughter sounds like death itself eek, I hate those kinds of amusements...and whenever I see it in person or on Tv...i cant help but feel theres something errie with that puppet...something aint just right....

Real life clowns are ok....bah but that thing needs to be burnt down. It aint right. *hides in a corner rocking back and forth* muttering* frown

I'm sure its classified as a phobia biggrin clownaphobia?

I give hope to others but I keep none for myself.

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
....and i thought Dave's clown was horrific....

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: JonnyRok

Non-Https Image Link

"they all floaaatttt down here, you'll floaaaattt tooooo b b b b b billy boy"

ubblove that film................ i really should get round to reading the book sometime ubbloco

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
that pic is now stuck in my head....thanks censored

7,193 posts

Posted:
clap wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hehe wink

JonnyRokBRONZE Member
Look! I'm Darth Bunny!
446 posts

Posted:
biggrin Thats what Im here for biggrin

Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!
Yo ho fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Is that supposed to be 'It'? Thats not very scary for a clown, rubber monster hands and not even very scary makeup. His teeth arnt even pointy and scary there just slightly yellow. Ptfff ive seen scaryer mimes.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
hmm i dunno...goths are ok.....just that clowns....out of proportion clothing (shoes)...then again Joe....id reckon ud be scared if this thing pounced at you from no where in a dim lighted smokey alleyway with hellish inhuman body parts screeching "Want A BalLoon Animal!!!!????"

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I expected 'It' being a steven king adaption to be quite horrificl looking, but really for an evil/devil monster clown thing who east children hes not very...monster like. Hes got an egg shaped head like Matt Lucas, an awful wig, just a white face and red lips no real details to his makeup and the only real unusuall thing are those rubbish looking rubber claws.

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

7,193 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by ravehead

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I didnt even realise he was writting in shorthand until you pointed it out rave, I allways read posts like that with no trouble at all.

7,193 posts

Posted:
*re-edits as i miss read the post*

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
JonnyRok, I still cant believe you put that pic up!

Nightmares!

*shudders*

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

CrazyHippyChickSILVER Member
errrrrr what?
198 posts

Posted:
puts on clown make up and costume then runs in to scare everybody. just cos she bored and has a sadistic sence of humour wink

I'll come back as fire and burn all the liars and leave a blanket of ashes on the ground.
I could write the new bridget jones diary only mine would be more bizarre, funnier, dirtier more unbelievabe and bloody true!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
*Runs in, decapitates Crazyhippychick with garden shears, impales the clown-painted head on a stick in the centre of the room then heads off to fetch a cup of tea*

Earl Grey please...

No sugar thank you

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
587 posts

Posted:
*stares in horror at clown painted head on stick in the middle of room, then runs off after Neon Fowl in Marinade*

Wait for me! I take two sugars!

*Owner of Brenn*

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Okay, after what you've just seen, you're ASKING ME for the sweet stuff?

You'll be asking for puppies next...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

CrazyHippyChickSILVER Member
errrrrr what?
198 posts

Posted:
<<<<<<<< loves being centre stage

I'll come back as fire and burn all the liars and leave a blanket of ashes on the ground.
I could write the new bridget jones diary only mine would be more bizarre, funnier, dirtier more unbelievabe and bloody true!

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
587 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying

All I wanted was some tea

*Owner of Brenn*

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Awwww, sorry... Just concerned about your safety and your sense of self-preservation... hug

Now... one drop of cyanide or two in your tea? biggrin

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Come tio my place you can have all the tea you want, as long as you take milk and no sugar, and drink plane boring english tea

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
587 posts

Posted:
Its ok Neon Shaolin. Thank you for being concerned hug

Mmmm, Brit Joe, that sounds like a plan! Just what I need to beat this cold weather...

*Owner of Brenn*

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
ever been to www.ihateclowns.com?

I want this tshirt

Non-Https Image Link

more "can't sleep clowns will eat me" designs

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

RaveRepresentSILVER Member
addict
567 posts

Posted:
For the people who dont know why the clowns use make up, ill explain, but being afraid of clowns is very common. They can be linked to many phobias aswell, like claustrophobia (if thats how you spell it) by stuffing all the clowns in the car. It makes you think "hey, what if i was stuck in a car with thirteen people... oh jesus! could i ever get out?!?." Clowns have also been feautured in multiple scary movies. Killer klowns, Poltergeist, some pretty scary crap. Even a member of Slipknot (shawn) uses his appearance so it could stick to your mind. Just dont worry, take it one step at a time. Try to meet a clown on HoP, and talk to him and stuff. Even on the street, or after a performance just take the time to thank him. It may not be easy, i know alot about it. Your fear most likely emerged from a childhood mishap. Possibly a clown was trying to make you laugh and he took it too far and got too close to you. Ive had a phobia of spiders (arachnophobia) and my mom dragged me through hell. She made me look at a spider in a jar, then she forced me to pick the spider out from the glass jar. I did it, but my mother didnt think that was enough - she forced me to hold a huge tarantula. Just take things one step at a time, i am sure you'll get over this phobia, as long as you stick to it. I have Agoraphobia, the fear of being in an area where one feels "trapped." Good luck to you, remember, as long as you put up the effort, the prize will be more magnificent.

And oh yes, clowns wear such exaggerated make up because in the earlier days, people would complain that they couldnt see the clown's expressions and have no idea why the people are laughing. The make up is exaggerated and awfully big so you can notice the clown's feelings and humor from afar. As the clowns wore the make up, it became a trend for the clowns to use. Also a tradition. I wish you the best of luck, you can do it, i know you can hug hug hug

"I don't know what you are talking about"

"Cardinal!!! Poke her... with the SOFT CUSIONS!!!!"

"Its not working my lord!"

"Have you got all of the stuffing on one end?!"

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol I want a version of your shirt Tinkle, i've seen it a few times now. But i also have a certain girlfriend who has a fear of Clowns and has forbidden me from buying it.
She also finds it quite disturbing that i used to be a clown and do childrens' birthday parties back when i was in high school. ubbangel juggle ubblol I don't think she will ever let me get that shirt!!! Don't understand clowns are so happy and friendly creatures. hehehe

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
I think mimes are equally scary.

I wanna set them on fire.

Mimes on fire- funny if they scream, funny if they don't.

-spinnin' to the rhythm of the new world order-

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Nobody Deserves Mime....

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
Here is just another reason to be scared of those nasty clowns ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol When clowns attack
EDITED_BY: GitasGuy (1153357247)

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
having a phoebe of clowns isnt silly if froggy hasnt posted already .. but she does and well i cant blame her but im not scared of them yet...its really not silly .... im done

Actually back on HoP guys ...

Owned By MiG
Owns Fyre and Mods_Stole_My_Name

Page: