Forums > Social Discussion > Thoughts on T-Shirts for CommonGround 2006 - memories

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
bounce Hi there all you lovely HoPers! bounce

OK, I finally get it together enough to put this up here, and I know so many of you are looking forward to it happening again, we decided to throw some ideas around....

I am in the process of organising/designing T-Shirts for all you gorgeous beings that will be attending CommonGround 2006. Basically I am after some feedback in terms of if many of you would be interested in having something like this made available for purchase (and also possible mail order)

What we have come up with - with the help of the beautiful Katinca - is that we do either a white shirt with printing on it; or we do a black shirt with the same printing. Now we thought that as most ppl dont take markers with them camping that we would include one in the cost of the shirt, so you can get HoPers and non-HoPers to sign it for you. We would supply a black marker with the white shirt and a silver one with the black shirts.

I eagerly await any comments, feedback, suggestions etc as it would be greatly appreciated...Thanks! hug

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

" i just now need some other unsuspecting suckers to say something... " ~Rouge Dragon

"that wink was a nice one not a im going to thrust at you wink" ~Brettstar

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Woo! T-shirts! I'd buy one! biggrin

What would it say on the shirt?

Common Ground 06

Adelaide

Or the initials CG and a picture?

Or all of the above!

Or is it going to be top secret and we'll have to wait until we get there? wink

Just throwing around some ideas here.

I would probably have to see the design before I picked a colour though!

And as for purchasing, I would think just selling them during the event is easiest.

ubbrollsmile

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
Basically the design would be the CommonGround logo that was on your little tags from last year - it's a flaming YinYang - with CommonGround 2006, Adelaide. (you can see this in the original CG thread) Possibly! it's not set in concrete yet. It would in all probablity be black on white, or white on black for the printing, basic but definatley eye catching!
Thanks for the feedback Roar! smile

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

" i just now need some other unsuspecting suckers to say something... " ~Rouge Dragon

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Well in that case I say white print on a black shirt biggrin

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
 Written by: roarfire

Or is it going to be top secret?

ubblol ubblol ohh bad pun...

sorry biggrin

heya! yeah i was looking into tshirt printing last year around this time.. were you thinking of ordering them online or somewhere more local? [i checked out t-shirt city on hindley st.. they would do discounts for group orders, but are a bit expensive. otherwise, there aren't too many local printing places here..] online seems to be the way to go - much cheaper, better deals for group orders. shall help you check out some places, if you like? smile

Colour? i reckon black would definately be more popular.. [less easier to see the grass stains from that hill.. ubblol ] in similar style to the uberpoi etc t-shirts.. perhaps we should make a poll? smile

Pre-ordering? i think it's much better to order beforehand - to get sizes and the right amount of shirts.. otherwise there'll be too many/not enough.. and pre-ordering before the event will ensure they actually get here in time [have had experiences ordering group printed clothes taking forever to arrive.. which is very disappointing!]

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
would there be guys and girls types or a one shape fits all type thing? cuz i'd love a top, but i'm not a big fan of the baggy t-shirt for anything but sleeping in... black would be my colour of preferance too smile

EDIT: and an after-thought... 100% cotton would probably be preferable for most too, if we have plans for doing fire in them... (you've probably already thought of that, but just in case you hadn't...)

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
smile Hey Sarah, yup, they would be 100% cotton, nothing less! Well, that is a great idea, and that is what i'm aiming for right now - seeing what it is that ppl prefer. We do have a couple of months up our sleeves, so as much interest and feedback and suggestions that i can get would be xlnt! Thanks babe. hug

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:

smile i'm working on some toys and stuff... so hopefully i'll be able to have a little stall... help get that markety feel that a couple people mentioned they'd like to see happening...

ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
Oh, that's xlnt news! smile I was thinkin of doing some of my freaky furry cusion-y things, but I dont know now...we'll see what happens! tongue

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
like those big long flat things you have that seem to curl perfectly into the curves under the bridge? i'd buy one... they're awesome.

ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
Yeah, that's them! ubblol They fit about 4-5 standard pillows in them, or more if you want a fat one! Just a time factor at the moment, but maybe I'll have knocked up a couple by then - I mean it is like 5ish months away!
But if you seriously want one and I havent made any, let me know and we can sort something out! - then you can let me know what sort of fur you would like, the 'bottom' side of them is usually black car like carpet cos it's hard wearing.
Are you just doing your furry balls??? wink

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:

I didn't make those fury balls, i bought them at the last cg... my stuff will prolly consist of alot of differant cone poi like the orange one's i made for roni... some bandanna type things and whatever other inventions i come up with between now and then...

i bought some things from cheap as chips the other day that i've dubbed "anenonme poi" (sp?) i might see if i can get a bunch of them too cuz they're awesome, they're really squishy so they're great for practicing, they look fantastic and they make cool noises...

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
ooh! id love to make stuff to contribute to a markety-thing! too bad i have no clue what! but thats not the point!! ubblol

I'm with the black shirts, and preferebly some in female cuts too. black doesnt dirty is slimming, and female cuts stops me looking crap. tongue

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
Sarah - oh, i thought you made them...oops! Oh, wkd, i lurve Roni's orange poi! Squishy funny sounding poi - interesting concept, sounds like fun tho! tongue

Rouge, I am pretty sure you dont look crap! ubbangel

All suggestions taken on board...any more ideas ppl????

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I remember when i was in england (or maybe it was actually on the boards), they were talking about wristbands, like what you get at festivals, so when people compare them "ooh, what festival is that?" you can be all "CG" and act all cool :P

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Rouge Dragon

and female cuts stops me looking crap. tongue

ive never seen you looking crap before

id definetly buy a shirt, preferably not in a female cut though smile

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
hug cutie ubblove

ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
ubblol thanks guys! Will take the wristband and see if I can run with it anywhere.... - and we'd look cool anyway Rouge!
Pete - well tuff tongue - we are only doing girls ones... ubblol kidding, I am sure I can make an exception, but just for you tho!

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Apparently, I need to tell someone that I need a badge too, cos I wasn't there last year.

ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
Rouge, that's cool...Adya and I are probably going to be sorting that one out too, so once it's a little closer to the date, we'll orjamanise a list and go from there. hug
ubbrollsmile

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
I can probably bring some tool like thingies down over the weekend, and we could maybe build an actual stall. Conglomerate all the selling people's stuff, and man it in shifts or something. Selling everything at the one place may help with conveniance... Get a couple of different lockboxes (one common, like a till/float, and as many others as there are stalls) and some receipt books, so at the end of each shift/whatever, correct monies can be distributed.

Or is that getting to commercial like?

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Oh no! Not signing T-shirts again! eek wink

Im good for anything smile

ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
MiG - its an idea to take on board, maybe a little commercial, but we will be having more discussions as to how to set this up and make it easy for all involved. Thanks for your input, will we be seeing you and the lovely Sarah anytime soon at the bridge? hug

UCOF - That is a rather dangerous statement to make and some might be inclined to take advantage of the fact that you are good for anything... wink

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
Yep.. badges will definately be happening again this year if you lovelies are wanting them smile

miss adya is lucky enough to have purchased her very own badge machine [woot! bounce ].. so there is no limit to the badgefullness ubbangel

ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
ooooh, does that mean that I can get another one, and then another, and then another too, pretty please Miss Adya?????
bounce2 for badgefullness! bounce2
smile Hey anymore ideas ppl or thoughts the CG t-shirty-ness???

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Last few festivally things Ive been to there were Iron on thingies there. So you could put it on a bag or pants or whatever. Made it much cheaper for oraganisers as well and gave options where it was to go. They had a light shirt option and a dark shirt one.

Need to bring iron though and a board.

I like black and silver idea please.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
Mmmmm...iron on CG motifs....wicked idea....we could do these as well as the shirts - Gnor that is such a great idea, and easy to do too! I knew we'd get some excellent ideas from you lovelies!
ubbrollsmile

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

jungleboymember
40 posts

Posted:
hello pixies, I can tell there is already a bounty of excitement going on. I like the idea of a badge rather than a t shirt and eventually after enough commongrounds you could sew them into a t shirt. Can someone make some full body protective suits for the hill rolling workshops, kinda like your pillow Jean but so I can get inside? Also on the t shirts what about if a few people want to put forward their designs and then we can vote for the best?

I am jumping around like a bean at the idea of the whole shindig pity it is so far away! bounce

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
Or, have shirts AND various motifs for sale. Then, you can buy a shirt you like, and a design you like, and iron it on while you're there?

Could even get really hyper, and have a few different designs on a pc or laptop, so people can play around with things like logos and text and stuff, and have their own, truly unique shirt.

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

jungleboymember
40 posts

Posted:
Will the shirts come in a size for my duck, he doesn't really need arm holes just one for his neck, is this going to be an option? He says white on black for the prefered design.

I myself would be keen to see a more extensive range of merch that caters for all manner of exotic pets who would otherwise feel left out.

Ill come back when I have something constructive! wink

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
re: badges - They're the plastic sort with a pin, methinks. Not the sort that's easily sew-on-to-shirts.

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

Page: