Forums > Social Chat > Spelling really dosent matter! lol

Login/Join to Participate

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
The brain is an amazing thing. Just read this and you'll see!!

Cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit

pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by

istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! So I geuss taht selplnig is not taht ipmortnat atfer all.

So nyeh nyeh to yoou! ubbloco

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

wink

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Nooooooo! and I thought that had to be completly orrigional

*pouts*

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
on bring this kind of thing on.
ive got a book somewhere that demonsrates that leaving entires words out of sentences or by repeating words doesn't really change the way anyone reads it.
and by leaving certains words out, or by misspelling others you can quite highly influence the way someone is thinking. it's all about the power of suggestion, speaking on which, i might go read a Derren Brown book.

What're you looking at?
I assume you're being rhetorical?
What're you callin' me!?

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I hate Derren Brown so much, I just think hes a tawt. Dunno why I just do. Plus I have a disliking for 'hypnotism' not only do I not beleive in it but I hate it with a passion llmost as much as I hate freaking magic tricks!!!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Brit_Joe

So I geuss taht selplnig is not taht ipmortnat atfer all.

That works as long as everyone's fluent in the same language you're typing in. If they're not then spelling mistakes really screw them over.

Also, it looks as though you just can't be bothered to take the time over it. I tend to just ignore posts with loads of mistakes - I don't see why I should bother to take the time to read it if the person writing didn't bother to write it properly.

*shrugs* I'm sure my position on this is well known - I've mentioned it on these boards enough times.

I hate freaking magic tricks!!!

Any particular type of magic tricks? Also, out of interest, is there a reason you don't like magic?

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
Too be honest, it's a tad difficult to search for something when every single word is spelt wrong - I posted the same article a while back and still got Durbsed even after searching for every variation of "according" that I could think of.

As for Derren Brown, he's not a hypnotist at all. Most of his "mind reading tricks" rely on the same idea - implant an idea, then tell the victim what idea you have implanted. As far as I can tell from his shows, he's very good at what he does and I enjoy watching for the moment when the idea goes in.

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I dont like magic or hypnotism because its just conns and lies in a pretty package. Plus ive allways, allways found magic tricks to be the most boring thing on the plannet, a man acting silly and shuffleing a deck of cards and choosing the one I thought of, or making something 'disapear' is lame, its either a secret pocket, or a magnet or something like that anyway its allways bored me rigid.

Then if its the bigger kinds like making a woman disapear from a box (come on theres a trapdoor underneath big deal) or putting knives through a box with her in it is so over done it losts its appeal to me the second time I saw it done, nevermind the 50 millionth time its been on tv or done on stage. Yawwwn. And you know what, I really couldnt care less if your betraying the magic circles code of secrecy, it seems theres someone in a mask (show your faces you wimps) on tv betraying the magic circleslaw of secrecy every other month. How many members does the magic circle have? It probably stopped being a circle about 100 years ago after they started letting every tom dick and harry join lol

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TheBovrilMonkey

That works as long as everyone's fluent in the same language you're typing in. If they're not then spelling mistakes really screw them over.

Not necessarily, because even in 2nd languages, you still recognise words when you read. I talk to some of my old students on messenger, and most of them understand me when I make some typos because they recognise the words I'm typing. Ok, so I suppose it's in context....I'm going to try my theory on one of them!!!! ubblol *here, guinea pigs, guinea pigs.....*

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Well, one of my friends read it fine! "it's not difficult"

but then again, she has damn good English.

*goes to test it out on someone whose english isn't as good as hers* tongue

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Domino, I got a search result up simply by putting 'spelling, letter, wrong, order'. first time, 5 result down

shrug

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:

I dont like magic or hypnotism because its just conns and lies in a pretty package.

Isn't all forms of entertainment from films, books and 36D breasts all one kind of lie or another?

And you know what, I really couldnt care less if your betraying the magic circles code of secrecy, it seems theres someone in a mask (show your faces you wimps) on tv betraying the magic circleslaw of secrecy every other month. How many members does the magic circle have? It probably stopped being a circle about 100 years ago after they started letting every tom dick and harry join lol

To be honest I have had thoughts on how these 'magic secrets revealed' shows are doublebluffs released by the Magic Circle to put the general public off the scent that the Magic Circle actually does get its magic by sacrificing virgin babies to invoke the Dark Lord... biggrin

Plus you've seen poi done so many times but you still come back to that! I like magic but I view it with a mindset that respects the amount of work and planning that goes into them in learning sleight-of-hand and building of tension etc...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

RaveRepresentSILVER Member
addict
567 posts

Posted:
oy, aimee. this is really out of question but i just saw your post on the bottom, wondering if you know the answer. you think fat people can do the btb weave? smile

"I don't know what you are talking about"

"Cardinal!!! Poke her... with the SOFT CUSIONS!!!!"

"Its not working my lord!"

"Have you got all of the stuffing on one end?!"

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:

Nooooooo! and I thought that had to be completly orrigional

*pouts*

Actually, I'm certain it's been posted on every single forum on the internet.

If you google "Cmabrigde Uinervtisy" you get 137,000 hits.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Fowl_in_Marinade

Plus you've seen poi done so many times but you still come back to that! I like magic but I view it with a mindset that respects the amount of work and planning that goes into them in learning sleight-of-hand and building of tension etc...

i know that feeling, it's like when i watch someone do a magic routine when i know fully well exactly how he's doing it, you start watching to see how cleany someone can do, or how smoothly. magic to magicians is a lot about doing things prettyly rather than just achieving the effect, which, is kind of a jugglers mindset i think.

What're you looking at?
What're you callin' me!?

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
 Written by: RaveRepresent

oy, aimee. this is really out of question but i just saw your post on the bottom, wondering if you know the answer. you think fat people can do the btb weave? smile

i can, so yes, they can!

What're you looking at?
What're you callin' me!?

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
 Written by: RaveRepresent

Never oy people. Its rude tongue

Thats in my quote because its funny.

Yashiro (and yourself) think that fat people can't put their arms behind their back.

Guess what - we can rolleyes

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
hug

Aimee would kick your arse any day tongue

Wooo! Yeah! Aimee! biggrin

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
I reckon I could take her.....

*thinks again*

Actually... never mind redface

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I couldnt, Im scared of Aimee, but the again im scared of most girlsd

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
biggrin !yllis skool ti sulp .llew od ot ecitcarp dna noitartnrecnoc seriuqer ti .ta sti erehw si sdrawkcab gnipyt

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:

I dont like magic or hypnotism because its just conns and lies in a pretty package. Plus ive allways, allways found magic tricks to be the most boring thing on the plannet, a man acting silly and shuffleing a deck of cards and choosing the one I thought of, or making something 'disapear' is lame, its either a secret pocket, or a magnet or something like that anyway its allways bored me rigid.

I totally agree dude.

Feats of skill impress me. Someone trying to trick me does not.

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
Did any UK viewers watch that Program "dynamo - estate of mind" last night? It was amazing. That guy had some seriously good tricks going. And the whole point in magic is to trick someone. I think if you can make it look good, then give them credit. Its not easy, try it for your self. I know I'd hate it if someone was like 'o I like magic, but that guy whos spent lots of time spinning poi? ye he looks crap, I hate what he does'... If you dont like it... Just keeps those thoughts in your head.

Is it possible you guys dont like it cos you dont like looking stupid? Thats my friends reason? shrug

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
hmm, i'm wary of magicians ever since last year when i met a Chav (in melbourne) who was showing us magic tricks, only later to tell us that magic was how he got into pick pocketing, then he taught me a few of the basic pickpocketing techniques. i made sure i had my wallet and keys as i was walking away from him. (he also had a tendency to flash his penis at the barman, but we wont go there) ubblol

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Seye

Stuff about not liking magic - summarised to shorten the post.

I totally agree dude.

Feats of skill impress me. Someone trying to trick me does not.

So, the huge amount of skill and practise it takes for even the fairly basic magic tricks to work well doesn't impress you?

I suppose that the people you've watched should take that as a compliment that they make it look easy.

However, as someone who's spent ages practising and can still only do a backpalm, I find that highly insulting.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
I posted a lovely "magic" performance in my video blog (HOP Video section) yesterday. enjoy.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:

Then if its the bigger kinds like making a woman disapear from a box (come on theres a trapdoor underneath big deal) or putting knives through a box with her in it is so over done it losts its appeal to me the second time I saw it done, nevermind the 50 millionth time its been on tv or done on stage. Yawwwn. And you know what, I really couldnt care less if your betraying the magic circles code of secrecy, it seems theres someone in a mask (show your faces you wimps) on tv betraying the magic circleslaw of secrecy every other month. How many members does the magic circle have? It probably stopped being a circle about 100 years ago after they started letting every tom dick and harry join lol

But Joe if the magician in question has left you feeling how did they do it then they have set out what they wanted to do and in fact been a success. Its just another art form and should be respected just as much as the one we do.

Who cares if theres a trap door underneath! obviously the woman doesnt actually disappear! But can yous ee the trapdoor? Can you see how sawing a person in half actually works? No you cant, so in that sense the magician has managed to amaze you and maybe shouldnt be slated like that

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
ditto I love magic, and even the stuff you can explain is still very entertaining biggrin

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Asena

ditto I love magic, and even the stuff you can explain is still very entertaining biggrin

SECONDED!!!!!
biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin hug

What're you looking at?
What're you callin' me!?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
 Written by: GlÃ¥ss

I posted a lovely "magic" performance in my video blog (HOP Video section) yesterday. enjoy.

Oh it's a blog..... I thought you were having a breakdown...
tongue rolleyes hug

Meh