Forums > Other Toys > The HoP Card Manipulators Thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
i hope i'm not the only one on here.
a thread for anyone one who knows what a backpalm, a sybil cut, or a thumb is!

i'm more of a modern card manipulator, that is to say i'm more into 10packet cuts than i am into split fan productions. this can be seen as a much easier approach to card work (and that's probably true) but it is the way forward.

so.... anyone else?? (worth a shot ey, Ed?)

What're you looking at?
I assume you're being rhetorical?
What're you callin' me!?

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Excellent ta pete,

I am going to have a play with a set though, having 2 opposite corners missing means that it is very easy to locate an upturned card an therefore shuffle it to the position you would like it.

Give it a month or so and I recon I will have a few more tricks up my sleeve smile

P x

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
https://www.nothingupmysleeve.co.uk/marketplace/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=186

you know you want to!
(well, Pete might)

What're you looking at?
What're you callin' me!?

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
tis a nifty little routine there, most of its fairly basic, but that little vanish could come in handy.

*gets out his deck*

cheers, pete hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
well, if you consider sybil cuts to be basic you must be quite good! if you're going to go using that vanish i'd appreciate you buying it (but then of course i would!)
got a new little booklette out yesterday, i'll get you a link when i get one

What're you looking at?
What're you callin' me!?

Twiggymember
162 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, i was in the card manipulation scene a while back befor handlordz started going into the hype marketing.
Changing everything to EXTREME Card Manipulation.

Learnt pretty much all my stuff from The Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes and bits and bobs from other forum members on Superhandz/Handlordz.
I was Stickman on the forums there.

Anyone else from handlordz/superhandz? Got Vids? cool

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
na larry, i learnt the exact same vanish from an old gary kurtz lecture smile

*runs to have a look at that encyclopedia*

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
the exact same one? eek, and i thought i came up with it! but even saying that, it's just tenkai vanish, but quicker, and with a deck, and no tenkai, or palm!

What're you looking at?
What're you callin' me!?

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
er...yeah.... i was bored the other day, and this video was the result https://media.putfile.com/boredagain-50

What're you looking at?
What're you callin' me!?

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hnn, youve got some really nice cuts down there. i like that one handed 4 or 5 way cut smile

new trick down: darwin ortiz's 'jumping gemini'. basically its a packet trick, 4 cards. a two keeps jumping to the top of the packet. then the whole packet changes to 10s of diamonds then theyre all 4 cards are shown as all 4 kings. the moves are pretty basic, but trying to remember it all is hell tongue

been working on turning cards into random stuff, and random stuff into cards. ie. someone picks a card, say the 5 of spades. i use my mental powers to learn its a 5. and say 'was it a 5' they say 'yes'. so, i pull out a 5 cent coin. i then turn that coin into their 5 of spades via tenkai smile

also, ive been reading 'strong magic' by darwin ortiz. if you havent heard of it, its a book entirely on magic theory and presentation. i was skeptical when i frist looked at it, but after reading the first couple of pages i realised how much gold is in it.

cheers, pete hug

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
only just learnt Jumping Gemini, and i always thought that was ont of the first things anyone learnt to do when getting into cards, it's a nice practise of a few moves. strange.
i'm reading Kenton Knepper these days, not qute cards really but magical anyway

What're you looking at?
What're you callin' me!?

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
yeh, i sorta skipped it, but now i want to see what sort of effect this basic trick will have on laypeople smile

cheers, pete hug

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
also, this afternoon ive devised a card to wallet routine. basically, seal an empty envelope, and sign their name accross the seal. the envelope is placed in a wallet, which is held by another spectator. i get the person who signed the envelope to pick a card, literally any card, and sign it. their card is found in the envelope smile

cheers, pete hug

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
for your jumping gemini please finish it with a packet switch rather than that god awful 4 kings bit. you can just switch in the needed kings. or, as i use to do, show the kings as is standard, placing them all face down, wait for someone to question it (as i've seen happen far too much) then do a packet switch for 4 jokers as you turn them over

What're you looking at?
What're you callin' me!?

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
ive been using a modified versa switch to switch out two cards for the other two kings wink

cheers, pete hug

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
thank the lord. i cringe everytime i see someone finish a jumping gemini the standard way.

i'm putting a DVD together soon. although with the amount of material i want to include it might run into 2 or 3 DVDs. the sandwich effects section has gone mad and gained about 7 extra tricks!

What're you looking at?
What're you callin' me!?

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
Just discovered that back=palm producing my new business cards knackers the censored out of them. buggery! i should've got them on lower quality card!! i will remember this for the future.

ah well, i'll use them for some form of mind reading effects instead then, and in no way as a form of shameless self promotion

now i need to find a way of producing the juggling clubs cards. gah! i could JUST hand them out i guess, but where's the fun in that?

What're you looking at?
What're you callin' me!?

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
produce them from your mouth, its always unexpected smile

hug

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
i immediatly thought "ah ha, mercury fold" there, but that's even worse than the back palm for messing up the cards. i assume you just mean classic palm mouth production? think i'll go with that.

ordered a couple of decks of Ghost cards for manipulation madness under UV lights next week! woo

What're you looking at?
What're you callin' me!?

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
DLs have been very much refine today do to your advice. thankyou very much!

What're you looking at?
What're you callin' me!?

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
"classic palm production from the mouth" would be the technical term, yes ubblol

glad i could help smile

cheers, pete hug

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
i met Paul Daniels last night. woooooo
the next flyer i make up to promote anything magical i do is going to include at the bottom:
"a man who does magic" -Paul Daniels

What're you looking at?
What're you callin' me!?

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
ooo I have been trying to learn some card and coin manipulation but I REALLY need to stretch out some of my hand muscles..

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hehe, i like it larry tongue

have been really lazy with my card stuff recently, but learnt some new stuff today.

i learnt a version of ripped and restored (card torn into 4, visually restored) its pretty easy, just a couple of the visual bits ill need to see in a mirror before i try them.

also learn some nice mentalism by banachek (as if he would do anything else). ive learnt a few nice tricks that i would work nicely if addapted into a regular card routine.

any new tricks anyone?

hug

Ashley WoodSILVER Member
3 posts

Posted:
Wow cool to see card manipulators here

I been doing this for a while now just been working on card controls

been working on sum tricks that would work towards a good ambitious card routine use a lot of double lifts

really like using the shapeshifter change

im just struggling getting sum sort of routine going at the mo

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
keep working at it ashley, if youre anything like me, youll never be happy with your ambitious card routine, always thinking you could do something more tongue

hug

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
it's so true, my ACR has started including tenkai top palm false replacements, and various other highly unnecessary slieghts! gah!
got a gig at uni next week, 50quid an hour! woooo, now if only hotmail would let me in so i can find out about it!

What're you looking at?
What're you callin' me!?

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
oo, sounding good larry smile

ill get round to making a propper video one day i swear tongue

hug

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
75quid for an hour and a half of work! excellente!!!!!
potentially going to be 2 of us too, oh this is getting good!

What're you looking at?
What're you callin' me!?

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
nice work! tongue

also, i won an award recently at a monthly magic show, their 'young performer of the year award'. the irony being, the act i did at this 'magic' show, contained no magic at all ubblol i felt kinda weird not doing one sleight on stage at the show, but they requested a freak show, thats what they got :P

hug

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
winner. i know the feeling though, i'll be breaking out the contact ball for the gig and doing a few armtwists. on that note, have you seen DisJointed? tis nice, in a freak kind of way.

What're you looking at?
What're you callin' me!?

Page: