PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
You guys have to check this out.
It is a project that is supposed to bring tourism here to WNY and CNY, and is mind-blowing in concept. Go to the attractions section to get the full scope of what they want to do....

https://www.destinyusa.com

By an unusual string of events, I am up for a position at this place as an Entertainer and as a Director for Side Show, Circus and Intimate Theater Arts. This scares the shit out of me on so many levels, but I am not turning the challenge down. Nothing with this place is set in stone yet though. I need to make proposals and really put up some awesome presentations, but they also are still figuring out funding allocation.
So...
Do you have any advice on this? Ironically, I am usually the one giving the business advice to you! LOL I have done a crapload of proposals to small events and even to companies like Camel and that, with success...but never something so freaking HUGE!

That and if I do get it, I'll be taking audition video's and resumes for performers.

What do you all think of the place and what do you all think I should do (beyond just going for it??). Help!!!!!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i'd love to come work for you there pele, but rather you than me for going in for it and coming up with some sort of presentation for such a large program.

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Positive Affermations!

See your self in the position, doing your duties and having fun with it! It all starts with the inner eye, if you project what you want to see, it will become your reality!
Act on it. Go For It!
Your a Richious Babe! You will get the job if you put your Heart, and Mind into it.

Good Luck My Friend,

~Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Pele,

You said you're scared? Yeah...so am I. I'm terrified every time I walk into a test. I'm terrified that I'll screw up one day and kill someone. I'm terrified of a lot of things I do. But I keep going.

But no endeavor truly worth doing is not scary as hell.

So you go, girl!

[ 17. January 2003, 12:40: Message edited by: MikeGinny (Lightning) ]

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

ivan..member
165 posts

Posted:
pele,

with the little that you and i have spoken , and lots of your words that i have read i think the obvious situation is simple...

you got more in your head than a bunch of us mooks put together

.. but hows this for advice , think big .. think huuuuge think " what would mesmerise myself my friends my family .... " and then make it happen .. you are in an enviable position of a great chance to make a dream world real. and the even better gift of some of the most interesting people to help you .....

just remember us mooks should you need thugs and janitors .. hey mooks need to eat too

thats right i look like an albino ape that has had a bad day.. go ahead say something stupid... i dare ya !