Forums > Social Discussion > does anyone know the laws in canada.?

Login/Join to Participate

djboiSILVER Member
17 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know the Laws in Canada?
or even more specificly in Alberta
because on easter sunday i was spinning fire with a couple of friends when someone had called 911(the cops) on us and a police hellecopter, 2 cops and firemen came after us...we had an extinquisher and all the safty percossions were taken, but the fire men and the police men said it was elegal...but they didn't know the laws on it??? confused2 confused2

jaeroSILVER Member
your new best enemy
246 posts

Posted:
get a permit first. laws in the americas don't make sense

I'll get there too late if I shorten my stride, I'll get there too soon if I find me a ride, I'll never move forward if I try to hide this path that I've troden one step at a time.

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
There are no laws in Canada - Fact. wink

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
rolleyes @ Jeff

You should look into your local fire department, and police department, as it's probably differend in every frigging city and district in the country. See what they can do for you, and if you get paperwork from them, then take it with you to every time you go for a spin. Always have ALL of the safety stuff - first aid kit, fire extinguisher, proper fuelling cans, etc. etc. If this happens again... Then go somewhere less public? on your own property perhaps? There isn't really much to help fire spinners in Canada really, not in the more... rural places at least. We've had the cops and firemen called on us on several occasions, although we never got a helicopter!! ubblol I suppose there wasn't much going on that night wink

Good luck!

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

djboiSILVER Member
17 posts

Posted:
thanks guys...i'm probably going to get a piro licence...then they cant say anything to me exept et on my property
pce*
mike
and if anyone finds out anything more...let me know

jaeroSILVER Member
your new best enemy
246 posts

Posted:
if you're on private property, in the US anyways, the man can't do a damned thing. and we all know that the US loves to slap a fireswing across the jaw. so I'm sure you could step on private property and be fine

I'll get there too late if I shorten my stride, I'll get there too soon if I find me a ride, I'll never move forward if I try to hide this path that I've troden one step at a time.

SickWithWondermember
56 posts

Posted:
 Written by: jaero

if you're on private property, in the US anyways, the man can't do a damned thing. and we all know that the US loves to slap a fireswing across the jaw. so I'm sure you could step on private property and be fine

actually....fire code applies to private property too, so "the man" can shut down a backyard burn....

it all depends on the local fire code.

and make sure you find out reference numbers to laws and such, because most of the time, police have an idea of what is legal and what isnt....but often dont have a clue and just make stuff up....but slap some other law that can apply on what you are doing....ie "wreckless endangerment" can apply to tons of stuff....including fire dancing.

djboiSILVER Member
17 posts

Posted:
ya i guess...but with a piro licence...i checked it out...in alberta....if your following the rules of piro....then your ok...but there are allot of rules...cause piro covers allot of stuff....sparklers...fireworks...the whole topic

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Piro Licence?

Is that a technical term? wink

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
I really don't think you need to go to all the effort and cost of obtaining a pyrotechnic lisence.

Calgary has a fairly large community of spinners- most of whom have been spinning fire here for several years. I've never heard of anybody having a problem with the authorities. I've had cops and park wardens walk past when I've been spinning fire in Prince's Island Park- they stopped and watched for a few minutes, and then carried on. They never once seemed concerned about what we were doing.

I'd recommend finding a different location to spin in than the football field, if you've recently had problems there. As I told you in a pm, we all spin and drum in Riley Park on a Sunday night. Come down and join us, and meet some new people.
Not one of us has a pyrotechnic lisence though! wink

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

djboiSILVER Member
17 posts

Posted:
i'll c what i can do...bt my sundaynights are usually packed with work...i close that night....
and i want to do other things with my piro licence so thats more why i'm getting it.

does anyone know if the nylon cord
Nylon Cord
works with the Beaming balls?
Beaming Ball
???
i'm thinking of purchacing it but want to make shure it works...and because i'm not lighting it on fire...i wanted to get the less expensive cord...
mike