Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > ***Falmouth 6!!!!!***(not really in Falmouth again!)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Falmouth 6...14th-17th September

Okay, well wiki is up here now for you all to add your details to please!

All you have to do is press "edit this page" add whatever details you want to the various lists.

My number: 07795294151

To be used incase of emergency/queries/lift from station etc.

Cheers! biggrin

www.gwithianfarm.co.uk

Gwithian Surf Report

EDITED_BY: maus (1156335492)

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
nah, i meant i am all up for carrying kit down to provide tunes to spin to but campfie singsong goes fine by me!! beerchug

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
I have to say that I really enjoyed the atmoshere the djembes + guitar created around the fire last time.

It was also a good volume- loud enough to hear properly, but quiet enough for my girlies to fall alseep and stay asleep for several hours.

Not that my opinion matters this time though cos I can't come.

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
 Written by: misscorinthian

I have to say that I really enjoyed the atmoshere the djembes + guitar created around the fire last time.

Seconded! smile

Written by: misscorinthian

Not that my opinion matters this time though cos I can't come.

Noooo frown

Cake or Death?

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
 Written by: JtJ

yes, but not on the beach, and in my opinion, unless we get a loada decent musicians with instruments there (no offence to you mags, you rock, you're just not "loads") it would be cool to have some power and a system on the beach.

No offence taken at all man, but i think the crux of the matter is we need more muso's. I know loads of you guys have guitars, drums, violins, flutes, trumpets, and spoons, and it would be wicked if as many as possible could bring not just spinning stuff, but music stuff as well.

We've considered rigs in the past, at various locations, and to be honest, although the tunes would be fun, it's not really what Falmouth is about. Those who were at the Maenporth meets will understand what I mean.

There are loads of raves, parties and festivals for you to get spangled and dance your asses off at, Falmouth is about meeting spinners, making friends, playing and having a fun relaxing time. That's why we've always tried to under-organise the thing, and just let it happen organically.

Seriously though, big push on the music thing, let's make this Falmouth one to rival the majesty that was Fal3. ubblol

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I was hoping to wind down from the Summer at Falmouth. Although having a beach party and the excitement of clearing the gear off before the tides come in is tempting, I think a nice gather around the camp fire is more appropriate.

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Woot - drums!

Depening on space, might be able to bring; Djembe, table (All the way from India!), half a drum kit and random percussion bits...

Yay!

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Yay Durbs! All around the world, and finishing in the best place of all! bounce

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Scunthorpe again Mags?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Sounds awesome smile

But it is with much sadness that I have to say I'm not going to make it ubbcrying

I'm really sorry for being rubbish Mags, but something's come up that I need to do...

I am going to Bristol though biggrin So, would you come up and hug me there?!

Take care m'lovely, and I hope to see you soon

Clare xxx

Getting to the other side smile

*Geo*SILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mojojo

Ok it seems I have talked my ever suffering other half into us going to this one.
In which case I will be bringing henna and therefore offering a henna "workshop" of sorts if anyone is interested...

Woohooo! didn't think you'd miss it miss mojojo hug biggrin

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
i'm bringing my djembe
Non-Https Image Link

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
^ ^ ^ check out morph!!

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
frown i really wish i could go. is there any jo and mollydog lovers out there who;re willing to give me and my dog a lift down? we are both REALLY well behaved. i promise! hug

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

bumb1ebeeBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
CAR SHARE!!! hello, guys, i am sooo up for falmouth and have 3 /4 spaces in my car. i am coming form shropshire, but can detour or meet people on route. be great to share the journey and for those that want go back via BJC. let me know.xxx

live honourably as long as the light which is your life shines

bumb1ebeeBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
i can take you jo and molly dog if she really wants to come

live honourably as long as the light which is your life shines

paperwristSILVER Member
43 posts

Posted:
hmmmm fancy goiung but extreme paronioa that you could all be very scary hahaha well that is a lisa way of complaining she has nobody to take with her and no confidance in front of actual real live humans hehe
also my lack of orginization tells me i dont know weather i will be at college or not but ahhh ill figure it out sometime when im told again when i have to return xx

i live in piskie land come play with me and the g,nomes

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Sian, that would be amazing, i have to warn you, molly dog takes up ALOT of room, and i'd have my tent, my stuff, all her food, her blankets, it would be LOADS frown
are you going to the BJC?

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
 Written by: paperwrist

hmmmm fancy goiung but extreme paronioa that you could all be very scary hahaha well that is a lisa way of complaining she has nobody to take with her and no confidance in front of actual real live humans hehe

Paperwrist don't let that put you off! I only know one and a half people who are going (the half is someone I've only met once) but from what I can tell, HoPpers are lovely so it should all be fine smile

If Fal's anything at all like Play, all the people are really friendly, you can chat with anyone and it doesn't matter if you don't know anyone when you get there cos by the end you've met loads of amazing people ubbrollsmile

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
oo, drums smile I'll have 2 djembes

Jake the Juggler

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I have a guitar, but as well as mollydog and everything else (which probably wont fit in Sian's Ka!) i probably wont be able to bring it!! d'ohhhhhh

paperwristSILVER Member
43 posts

Posted:
hmmm im tempted would you guys get bugged by me being a total ammiture i might try and see some of my friends play with poi i dont think we are any good but we could like pop along to the beach or somthing would be cool to go to like a mass thing hehe its exciting me to think bout it doubt ill camp though be a bit silly haha

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Who cares if you're any good or not, its not about who's best, its about having a blast! biggrin

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
 Written by: paperwrist

doubt ill camp though be a bit silly haha

more sillyness please, and more camping and more camping silly... hmm im sure i had a point..... rolleyes

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

paperwristSILVER Member
43 posts

Posted:
of course you had a point silly hehe it was me camping about half an hour down the road from me haha would be fun though might get my mates into going for a lil cornish holiday wouldnt be the stupidest thing we have done

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
as Bird said, really doesn't matter how you spin, or even if you can at all, it's a gathering of friendly like minded people, the fact your posting here at all is an indication you'll fit in just fine smile

and probably learn a lot if you're so inclined to boot weavesmiley juggle

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
paperwrist, bring your tent, have fun with us, i'm sure you'll learn lots from us hug dont worry we're lovely (apart from Bird..watch out for him, he's got a nasty temperament!) :P

BirdGOLD Member
6,086 posts

Posted:
Cheek! spank

oh, wait, thats probably not going to help opinion, is it?

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
you meanie! see i told you he was horrid!!

BirdGOLD Member
6,086 posts

Posted:
ubblol

You know you love it Jo! wink

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
shh!!! ubblol

Page: ......