Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > ***Falmouth 6!!!!!***(not really in Falmouth again!)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 1...1314151617...46
maus
maus

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 4191
Posted:Falmouth 6...14th-17th September

Okay, well wiki is up here now for you all to add your details to please!

All you have to do is press "edit this page" add whatever details you want to the various lists.

My number: 07795294151

To be used incase of emergency/queries/lift from station etc.

Cheers! biggrin

www.gwithianfarm.co.uk

Gwithian Surf Report

EDITED_BY: maus (1156335492)

Delete Topic

maus
maus

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted: Written by: JtJ

woah right there . . .

I seem to remember some people being a bit negative towards the idea of 'bangin tunes' all night long last year. so I'm thinking it's not gonna be a 'rig' but more of a loud cd player/decks(?) that will be turned off if people wanna jam round the fire.

Yes indeedy!

We don't actually have formal permission to be on the beach with fire, the reason we got away with it last time is because nobody knew we were there due to the fact we weren't too loud.

Sorry guys, NO RIG!! ...don'y mind a bit of music but its mine and Mags' asses on the line and in trouble with the police if it all goes tits up.

Delete

Vixen
Vixen

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3276
Posted:ubblove Mags singing! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Delete

linden rathen
linden rathen

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 6942
Posted:*looks in* ohhh shiney ness smile

and i will be coming biggrin

back

Delete

alien_oddity
alien_oddity

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 7193
Posted:sure there's a beach 10 mins drive down the road we could invade if people REALLY wanted a rig there ubblol

Delete

maus
maus

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted: Written by: ravehead

sure there's a beach 10 mins drive down the road we could invade if people REALLY wanted a rig there ubblol

umm

Delete

sketch
sketch

Empirically random...
Total posts: 431
Posted:nah, i meant i am all up for carrying kit down to provide tunes to spin to but campfie singsong goes fine by me!! beerchug

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

Delete

misscorinthian
misscorinthian

old hand
Total posts: 784
Posted:I have to say that I really enjoyed the atmoshere the djembes + guitar created around the fire last time.

It was also a good volume- loud enough to hear properly, but quiet enough for my girlies to fall alseep and stay asleep for several hours.

Not that my opinion matters this time though cos I can't come.

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

Delete

*HyperLight
*HyperLight

old hand
Total posts: 1174
Posted: Written by: misscorinthian

I have to say that I really enjoyed the atmoshere the djembes + guitar created around the fire last time.

Seconded! smile

Written by: misscorinthian

Not that my opinion matters this time though cos I can't come.

Noooo frown

Cake or Death?

Delete

Mags The Jedi
Mags The Jedi

Fool
Total posts: 2020
Posted: Written by: JtJ

yes, but not on the beach, and in my opinion, unless we get a loada decent musicians with instruments there (no offence to you mags, you rock, you're just not "loads") it would be cool to have some power and a system on the beach.

No offence taken at all man, but i think the crux of the matter is we need more muso's. I know loads of you guys have guitars, drums, violins, flutes, trumpets, and spoons, and it would be wicked if as many as possible could bring not just spinning stuff, but music stuff as well.

We've considered rigs in the past, at various locations, and to be honest, although the tunes would be fun, it's not really what Falmouth is about. Those who were at the Maenporth meets will understand what I mean.

There are loads of raves, parties and festivals for you to get spangled and dance your asses off at, Falmouth is about meeting spinners, making friends, playing and having a fun relaxing time. That's why we've always tried to under-organise the thing, and just let it happen organically.

Seriously though, big push on the music thing, let's make this Falmouth one to rival the majesty that was Fal3. ubblol

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

Delete

Loewan
Loewan

and behold!
Total posts: 464
Posted:Yeah, I was hoping to wind down from the Summer at Falmouth. Although having a beach party and the excitement of clearing the gear off before the tides come in is tempting, I think a nice gather around the camp fire is more appropriate.

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

Delete

Durbs
Durbs

Classically British
Total posts: 5688
Posted:Woot - drums!

Depening on space, might be able to bring; Djembe, table (All the way from India!), half a drum kit and random percussion bits...

Yay!

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

Mags The Jedi
Mags The Jedi

Fool
Total posts: 2020
Posted:Yay Durbs! All around the world, and finishing in the best place of all! bounce

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh
Total posts: 6120
Posted:Scunthorpe again Mags?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

_Clare_
_Clare_

Still wiggling
Total posts: 5967
Posted:Sounds awesome smile

But it is with much sadness that I have to say I'm not going to make it ubbcrying

I'm really sorry for being rubbish Mags, but something's come up that I need to do...

I am going to Bristol though biggrin So, would you come up and hug me there?!

Take care m'lovely, and I hope to see you soon

Clare xxx

Getting to the other side smile

Delete

*Geo*
*Geo*

Total posts: 108
Posted: Written by: Mojojo

Ok it seems I have talked my ever suffering other half into us going to this one.
In which case I will be bringing henna and therefore offering a henna "workshop" of sorts if anyone is interested...

Woohooo! didn't think you'd miss it miss mojojo hug biggrin

Delete

sagetree
sagetree

organic creation
Total posts: 246
Posted:i'm bringing my djembe
Non-Https Image Link

Delete

sketch
sketch

Empirically random...
Total posts: 431
Posted:^ ^ ^ check out morph!!

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

Delete

jo_rhymes
jo_rhymes

Momma Bear
Total posts: 4525
Posted:frown i really wish i could go. is there any jo and mollydog lovers out there who;re willing to give me and my dog a lift down? we are both REALLY well behaved. i promise! hug

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Delete

bumb1ebee
bumb1ebee

Total posts: 4
Posted:CAR SHARE!!! hello, guys, i am sooo up for falmouth and have 3 /4 spaces in my car. i am coming form shropshire, but can detour or meet people on route. be great to share the journey and for those that want go back via BJC. let me know.xxx

live honourably as long as the light which is your life shines

Delete

bumb1ebee
bumb1ebee

Total posts: 4
Posted:i can take you jo and molly dog if she really wants to come

live honourably as long as the light which is your life shines

Delete

paperwrist
paperwrist

Total posts: 43
Posted:hmmmm fancy goiung but extreme paronioa that you could all be very scary hahaha well that is a lisa way of complaining she has nobody to take with her and no confidance in front of actual real live humans hehe
also my lack of orginization tells me i dont know weather i will be at college or not but ahhh ill figure it out sometime when im told again when i have to return xx

i live in piskie land come play with me and the g,nomes

Delete

jo_rhymes
jo_rhymes

Momma Bear
Posted:Sian, that would be amazing, i have to warn you, molly dog takes up ALOT of room, and i'd have my tent, my stuff, all her food, her blankets, it would be LOADS frown
are you going to the BJC?

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Delete

K__
K__

...join us...
Total posts: 184
Posted: Written by: paperwrist

hmmmm fancy goiung but extreme paronioa that you could all be very scary hahaha well that is a lisa way of complaining she has nobody to take with her and no confidance in front of actual real live humans hehe

Paperwrist don't let that put you off! I only know one and a half people who are going (the half is someone I've only met once) but from what I can tell, HoPpers are lovely so it should all be fine smile

If Fal's anything at all like Play, all the people are really friendly, you can chat with anyone and it doesn't matter if you don't know anyone when you get there cos by the end you've met loads of amazing people ubbrollsmile

Delete

JtJ
JtJ

Check ya later
Total posts: 500
Posted:oo, drums smile I'll have 2 djembes

Jake the Juggler

Delete

jo_rhymes
jo_rhymes

Momma Bear
Posted:I have a guitar, but as well as mollydog and everything else (which probably wont fit in Sian's Ka!) i probably wont be able to bring it!! d'ohhhhhh

Delete

paperwrist
paperwrist

Posted:hmmm im tempted would you guys get bugged by me being a total ammiture i might try and see some of my friends play with poi i dont think we are any good but we could like pop along to the beach or somthing would be cool to go to like a mass thing hehe its exciting me to think bout it doubt ill camp though be a bit silly haha

Delete

Bird
Bird

now available in "advanced"
Total posts: 6086
Posted:Who cares if you're any good or not, its not about who's best, its about having a blast! biggrin

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Delete

oli
not with cactus
Total posts: 2052
Posted: Written by: paperwrist

doubt ill camp though be a bit silly haha

more sillyness please, and more camping and more camping silly... hmm im sure i had a point..... rolleyes

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

Delete

paperwrist
paperwrist

Posted:of course you had a point silly hehe it was me camping about half an hour down the road from me haha would be fun though might get my mates into going for a lil cornish holiday wouldnt be the stupidest thing we have done

Delete

Yakumo
Yakumo

veteran
Total posts: 1237
Posted:as Bird said, really doesn't matter how you spin, or even if you can at all, it's a gathering of friendly like minded people, the fact your posting here at all is an indication you'll fit in just fine smile

and probably learn a lot if you're so inclined to boot weavesmiley juggle

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

Delete

Page: 1...1314151617...46