Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Spanish conventions and,..( updated 07)

Login/Join to Participate

maiukiBRONZE Member
51 posts

Posted:
As there is no information about whats happening in spain related to spinning, juggling and circus, we will try to make a spanish section of whats going on:

2-6 May: Magiclown, Ibiza

https://magiclown.org/

9-13 May- Fira Circ Catalunya TRAPEZI- Reus

https://www.trapezi.org

31st May to 1st June- Circus gathering on the streets of Parla, in Madrid.

http//www.alternativajovenparla.com/circo/ info@alternativajovenparla.com

30th June to 1st July- 3rd Ciscus camp ZILIPURDI- Vitoria-Gazteiz

zilipurdi@terra.es

10-14 July theater Festival San Sebastian- Donostia

https://www.antzerki.com

End of July, beginning of August- VII Festiclown- Santiago de Compostela ( not confirmed yet)

24-26 August- Txingudiko Malabaristak Topaketa Fuenterrabia Convention)- Hondarribia-Fuenterrabia

jaxenolaf@hotmail.com, www.malabarismo.tk

17-26 November- 13th clown international festival-memorial Charlie Rivel- in Cornellá de Llobregat ( not confirmed)

September- Alicante Convention ( waiting confirmation)

December- ( from around the 4th-9th) BILBAO Convention ( I will say the biggest one, with 600 people last year, and some intensive workoshop days,..

www.koblakari.com

Still loads of them that aren´t in here so,..I will try to keep updating,..if anyone has more info!!

[

This information was found at:

https://www.cariocas.tk/

https://www.malabart.com/

and the update was thankx to the lovely huge list of conventions given by Alex, from Jaxenolaf.

REGULAR MEETING POINTS:

BARCELONA:

Parc de la ciudadela (metro station is Arc the Triomph) is a good place to find other spinners

Non-Https Image Link

There is a squat called La Makabra, in Ateneu de Nou Barris (that I really don't know where it is) with open workshops (juggling and circus arts i think) in tuesday and wednesdays 20.00 to 21.45.

There is also an association named In Extremis, on Wednesdays after 18.00 at the North Campus Hall(is from the university so don't know if they'll be in June)

BILBAO:

Meeting Thursdays and Sundays after 7pm on the 2nd floor of the gaztetxe (youth place) Kukutza (in the Rekalde area ), Where the Koblakari juggling association has its site.

MADRID:

Parque del Retiro on sunday afternoons. Go to metro stations Ibiza or Retiro to find the park.

Non-Https Image Link

Carampa at Casa de Campo. From 6pm on Wednesdays the Circus School open day.

Charivari at Coslada. This circus school has open days on Tuesdays and Thursdays 7pm-9pm

MÁLAGA

Wednesdays at 8.30pm in a square behind the Mercado Central.

This information was found at https://www.cariocas.tk/, (click "Encontrar Malabaristas", then "Lugares de Reunion"there is much more information here about different cities around spain, we will try to translate them another day.

Anyone else with info about things happening in Spain please keep us informed. We will try to updates this list whenever the info is available.

weavesmiley

Maiuki and Ronopotamus

EDITED_BY: maiuki (1178396760)

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Fair play. Thanks for the effort! If I'm ever in Spain this'll be really useful!

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Hello!
I might be in Spain soon, would love to have a spin : ) Thanks for the info

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

WOFTSILVER Member
Likes trees...
209 posts

Posted:
I'm in Spain over June/July. Thanks for the post!

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
wow muchas gracias maiuki... I´m living in madrid til beginning of July so PM me anyone who´s passing through who wants to meet a juggle or a spin here. Sofa space also a possibility depending on how many other couchsurfers are around at the time....

eva

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Not just spinning, lots of other madnesss too
www.goingnowhere.org

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

malabartnewbie
1 post

Posted:
Hello jugglers!!

I´m Juande, from Spain and webmaster of malabart.com. There is someones conventions wiht dates:

- III Encuentro de malabaristas de Valencia 30 de junio, 1 y 2 de Julio (III Valencia juggling convention)

- I Encuentro de malabaristas de Calamonte 28, 29 y 30 de julio (Calamonte Juggling Convention)

- I Encuentro de Malabaristas de Santiago de Compostela 4, 5 y 6 de Agosto (Santiago Compostela Juggling Convention)

- III Encuentro de Malabaristas y Circo de Alicante 29, 30 de septiembre y 1 de octubre (Alicante Juggling & Circ Convention)

- III Encuentro de Malabaristas y Artistas de Circo de La Carlota 12, 13, 14 y 15 de Octubre (La Carlota Juggling & Artist of Circus Convention)

More info in www.malabart.com

See you later aligator

Tempest_FirefaeGOLD Member
stranger
20 posts

Posted:
Thanks that´s great! Any listings for meetings in Granada?

Also, an update: makabra was closed down by police two weeks ago. There have been protests ever since, but have just reopened at a new site nearby in defiance of police barricades! VIVA LA MAKABRA! (near metro station Poble Nou) ... more updates soon!

"Then you shall find that it containeth things of far higher value than the box did promise..."

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Yeah thanks guys. I'm interested in possible meets in Granada or Alicante around the beginning of May... big hugs hug

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I live a few hours from there by bus, lex...

Let me know when you're over, and I might be able to make a little trip...

smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

numptySILVER Member
11 posts

Posted:
excellent

i will be in castellon de la plana from february until june 2007, so if anythings happening i will most definitely give it my best shot to be there

curiouser and curiouser....

maiukiBRONZE Member
51 posts

Posted:
Great!!
Nice to see that people is interested in Spanish conventions!!
I'm sorry I haven't updated yet, but I've got an excuse!! I'm in Thailand!!
I'll try to updated soon, I just need to get some time!!,.. biggrin

Keep spinnig!!

joshgomeramember
155 posts

Posted:
so maddi !!

you did is nicely..i i think you really enjoy thailand wink ubbrollsmile

i really enjoied that april spinning in madrid..especially in thats crazy funny park at night..

i think there-s still a big field in spain to put our love, light and fire into!! ubblove

..i missed a bit more poi and staff spinners..lovelies ones with classical circus art jugglers and diabolo -at this malabares convetions

so let-s met more
en espana para creer algo nuevo y mas ,mas malabaristas con fuego y qualitad (?)- si!!??

hopefully- i will be in madrid, granada or ibiza in march, april or may...

encuentramos en un sitio -amigos de la luz
ubbangel

hasta pronto

josh

numptySILVER Member
11 posts

Posted:
ola,

im now in spain (castellon de la plana) for the next 4 months, and ive got my poi with me.

anybody like to meet up?

and where can i get paraffin? just at a ferreteria?

neek

curiouser and curiouser....

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
¡hola todos! smile

Entre junio y julio, vamos a ir a el norte de España, ante el fiesta de "Nowhere" (www.nowheredays.com), con mi amiga. Deseamos conocer otros hilanderos (¿como se dice "Spinners en español?)

OK, I'll stop offending everyone with my awful spanish skills smile I promise it will get better by the time I get to spain with my friend in June. We'll be travelling around north and central spain for around 2-3 weeks before the nowhere festival (www.goingnowhere.org in english) and would love to meet with all you lovely people in spain! What cities do you guys hang out in, and meet up? I've just made a wonderful collapsible staff for travelling with, and want to take it out to meet people!

Hasta luego

Aran smile

maiukiBRONZE Member
51 posts

Posted:
Hy akgraphics!!
I´ll be back in the Basque country for the end of June, would be lovely to meet up!1 Send me a PM if you come around San Sebastian.

About the paraffin,..you can get it at the ferreterias, or you can buy what is called "agua de fuego" in juggling stores.

I´m going to try to update this post with the conventions from this year 2morrow. If I don´t get to know how to do it, I will open a new one with them.

There are loads of festival and conventions, so I will start with the conventions.

For anyone interested, next weekend, is trhe LEON Convention, 27, 28, 29 of april, and I´ll be there!! So if anyone is around I will love to catch up with some spinners!! And for those ones that have more time, the same weekend, in Gijon there is another convention, but that one is longer, monday and tuesday included ( as there is a bank holiday!!)

Keep spinning!!

Peace and Love

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
@maiuki: wave kiss hug

- Ho Sa -
kisses & peace & love to beautiful madges
*rever le temps le prendre*

TinyPixieSILVER Member
enthusiast
394 posts

Posted:
Awesome! I'm so glad you put this up Maiuki! I'm going to be in Madrid next week (yaaaay! can't wait! I love it there)... Are you? Is anyone? Anyone fancy possibly meeting up in el retiro and doing some manipulating of objects? wink

maiukiBRONZE Member
51 posts

Posted:
Hope the update helps!!

For anyone interested there is an intensive clown workshop by Marcelo Katz from May 28th till June 1st in Bilbao, organized by koblakari people. It would be from monday till friday from 17.00 till 21.00.For more info www.koblakari.com, or send me a PM. Still 3 places left for what I know, costs 100 Euros and the acomodation can be arranged at KUKUTZA, the squad this society has. I´ll be there!!

The Leon Convention was nice, lovely people and some amazing tricks with balls, clubs,.. but still missed the poi people!! Where are you lads!! It wasn´t many staff, double staff players neither, and contact,..!!

We need more international people coming over and openning our horizons!!

Limits to contest: I´m sure some people will love to have you over there,..

And for Drew; they loved the multiball book!! They were so excited to see that was already finish,..thankx!

keep spinning ( and come to do it in sunny Spain!!)
EDITED_BY: maiuki (1178397849)

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Espera un rato...

Ronan's in Spain!? Donde estas, tio?

Hmmm... Málaga puede ser posible... se encuentran cada miércoles?

Maiuki - te he conocido?

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Actually I'm in Ireland, I helped Maiuki start off this thread though.

Hey Maiuki, go teach those Espanishes how to spin! wink

grouphug

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

joshgomeramember
155 posts

Posted:
...mauiki..i gonna help you..come to the sun lazy irish [censored]!! biggrin
ronan i miss you seeing spinning....
you too mauki
wink

and all other spanish spinners i would like to meet one day..thinking to go to granada in september..maybe,maybe earlier..but i-m not sure...
have the spanisch smell already in my nose ubbloco

saludos de la isla magica

la gomera

josh

joshgomeramember
155 posts

Posted:
donde se encuentran los malabaristas de fuego en GRANADA ??
algien losabe ?? confused
ubbrollsmile ubblove

joshua

maiukiBRONZE Member
51 posts

Posted:
Hey jossy!!

Go to kariokas.tk, and have a look on their map, I´m sure they´ve got some info.

Limits to Contest;
no, no nos conocemos; pero estuve en Tailandia con Drew y me hablo de ti. Aunque la verdad, me encantaria,..

About Ronan,..he is the one that push me to get the info, and the one that put the maps,..so I didn´t think it was fair to delete the effort he did,..mostly cos I didn´t even knew how to update and he is the one that gave me the info again!,..So thankx!

joshgomeramember
155 posts

Posted:
maddi !!! gracias a ti ...todavia no se si encuetramos en berlin..pero es muy possible y esperolo!!!

suerte en tu camino wink

josh ubbrollsmile