gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
well heres another ,,, went for a spin at a nature reserve near me,, i had to take the cam and get a quick vid in somehow :P

i didnt really try to go all out getting in every move i know,,i just chilled out and filmed some new stuff ive been working on ,,so hope you enjoy biggrin

https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-548216363361631437

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:

Hi Gizmo,

Very good , I see you study from vids right,
izolations, wraps, hyperloops this is ok,
what Im missing is long arms and flowers,
look in "Poi moves" thread. I wrote about
flowers thread with pictures you may like.

lightning,

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Richee, I really am having issues with your identity crisis.
You are not Lightning
He lives in New York.
Not Prague.

wink

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
thx, gotta link there richee?..

other than that,,no comments guys??.. sheesh frown lol

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Dont be disheartened. smile
People will will click the link for the video, wait for it to laod, and navigate away from this page on HOP, then forget to post comments.

Im with Richee on the good spinning. Its good to watch.
I particularly like the tree.
And the dog running at the speed of light.

If you can try to move away from the rotating around one spot as many poi spinners do (and thats somethign im trying to get out of too), I think that would be nice to watch smile

Good luck.
hug2

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
thanks dude,, lol..i know what you mean about rotating around the same spot,, its hard work not to eh, deff need to work on tha wink

ahh the dog just had to stay in the viddage, i heared splashing, turned my head and there was a GSDog running full pelt toward me, so i just tried to keep spinnin biggrin ...

anyhow thx for repyin,,:)

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
i thought it was a really nice vid

Liked the consistent clean wibbles and throws in weavey combinations. Your style reminded me quite a bit of my friend mr chutney. That's a compliment, because he's one of my favourite spinners to watch.

i don't know why richee's missing the longarm. i thought there was some nice longarm stuff, particularly going into and out of crosser stuff, which is another thing i like to see.

nice tune too. You gotta respect the octagon smile

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
hey nice one simian,,

yeh chutney can really spin eh,, one of the first vids i ever watched was chutney playing,, and man it had a impact,, allthough im not trying to duplicate chutneys style, at all, i have learnt alot from him, without him really knowing i think lol...so cheers chut btw lol

still i am trying to take it my own way ,,need to work on the dance side of things me think?.. not sure,,any way thanks simian smile

Mr_widdeat my face before i eat yours
253 posts

Posted:
hello gizmo, gonna have to say thats a coolio video and i know you aint been spinnin for that long either so very impressed with it. Have to agree with richee, would love to see it mixed up with more long arm stuff like flowers. But very coolio throws and wraps.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Nice one, you've got a lot of tech stuff down considering how long you've been spinning! those throws, wraps and isolations look nice and neat. Reckon the flowers could use a bit more work, and It would be nice to see you moving around a bit more.

Maybe try concentrating on footwork while doing 'imaginary poi'. I found it helps to work out what your options are for moving around without clocking yourself!

Good work! smile

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
yeh more flower stuff eh,, i missed loadsa stuff outta that vid, was more a chilled working on new stuff vid :P lol..

lazy ,,i like the idea of imaginary poi *grin* will try it mate smile footwork is a big part of the whole thing,,im with ya on that ..

this long arm stuff really intrigues me,, i kno a few little bits but nothing to brag about,,if any of you know of any links off the top of your head please post them here for me ,, (im not lazy honest :P )

cheers smile Gizzie-out

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
I reckon there's more helpful stuff in vids than anything. The best tip i've ever had for longarm was to practice waving my arms about like a windmill without poi attached

there's some advice on what to do [Old link]

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
cheers great info, ,,*stands infront of mirror flailing arms lk a madman* lol..

ill nail some of this long arm stuff if it kills me :P