BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Inspired by the "Daniel Craig as James Bond" discussion: What's your favourite Bond song?

Mine are definitely the Shirley Bassey ones, and probably "the world is not enough" - love the video though it's quite tacky smile

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I too liked 'World is Not Enough'

I was probably the only one who liked Madonna's 'Die Another Day' as it one of the few female-sung ones that eschewed the slinky, jazz lounge, third-person 'he's a spy and I love him but its dangerous' cliche the Bond song had become...

Plus it actually fit the whole techno-overload chic of the film...

My favourite is probably Louis Armstrong's 'We Have All the Time In The World' from 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service'

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:
I've only seen Doctor No and Die Another Day, so my credibility's here's shot to hell, but regardless the Goldfinger Theme's the catchiest Bond song that's yet passed my ears.

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
ubblol i love the shirly bassey songs too, my favorite has to be gold finger..................it has so many double meanings in it hehe

off the to of my head i cant think of the lyricks but its something to do with his weapon and he charges a million dollars a shot ubblol

JerryDSILVER Member
136 posts

Posted:
I LOVE James Bond songs!!!!

Shirley Bassey ones are all awesome. I really like The Look of Love as well. I used to have a cassette of James Bond themes, but I don't know what happened to it, and at this point I don't have a working tape player anyway.

I was touched by His Noodly Appendage

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I like Shirly Mansons The World Is Not Enough, im a big Garbage fan, but I do also really like Diamonds are Forever thats my second favourite

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
The living Daylights was great, very Eighties.

Live and Let Die is also brilliant, with its random reggae breakdown, but I think my favourite is Moonraker- a beautiful song smile

BTW, has anyone else got 'Shaken and Stirred' by David Arnold? Hes the guy that does most of the bond scores these days, but the album was the project that landed him the job- they are updated versions on most of the popular theme tunes, faeuring some great bands as well smile

JerryDSILVER Member
136 posts

Posted:
Hmmm...had not heard of "Shaken and Stirred." Will have to look into it. Thanks.

I was touched by His Noodly Appendage

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Goldfinger the Propellorheads remix......great song, better remix.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
what... did they do a whole remix album with Shirley Bassey stuff? Their "history repeating" one is good smile

And full points for Mr Chutney, I love Moonraker biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Ahhhh its such a good song-

Now listened to both versions 3 times BTB biggrin

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
The moonraker kno-hows! There thats how it should have been sung - Mmm yes I am the voice on bond dahling!

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Brit_Joe

The moonraker kno-hows! There thats how it should have been sung - Mmm yes I am the voice on bond dahling!

She just doesn't have the range! Tom-orr-ow never di-ies! That's how it should be sung

ubblol

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau