Page:
RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Is there anything on your lifetime to-do list that you really want to do before you die, that 100 dollars (approx. USD 75, GBP 45) would buy? If yes, are there any good excuses for not having done it already- $100 isn't a lot of money in the big picture.

Not stuff like "I want to buy $100 worth of green beans, break into my bosses house when he's on holiday and plant them in his carpet so that he'll have a luscious sprout rug when he returns.."

Somewhat down to earth, achievable stuff that you've always wanted to do, but just have been procrastinating for some reason- e.g. bungee, buy a leaf blower, have a roasted pig on a spit, go to that classy hotel in the city for high tea, plant a tree outside your window, build a birdhouse, have lunch on that riverboat you always see on the river etc..

I've always wanted to go see Madama Butterfly at the opera. $95. Haven't yet because it's come these parts yet (there is some kind of performing arts infrastructure here, so I'm crossing my fingers). Else one day I'll travel somewhere just to see it.

Haven't been to the opera before either. Have listened to a few arias here and there, but haven't ever been a diehard fan of the genre. Just thought if there was one opera to see, it should be a Puccini.

Non-Https Image Link

What's on your list? smile

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
bugga... this thread reminded me that I'd always wanted to try hang gliding... but I can't find anywhere that'll do it for < $100... $120 was the best I found...

why does it cost $120 to run off the edge of a cliff? confused

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
roadtrip across the country

except now with gas prices, that's probably way over $100

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
start kendo. i have wanted to do it for years but just on of thoses things you never get round to. but im gunna need some to lend my some cash from there £45 because its £60. any one wanna help i will share the knowledge!

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
Me, i think i'd like to go learn taichi... don't really know why, but i really feel like it at the moment.

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
i'd go crazy at a renfair...

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Another one added to my list. Buy some material and figure out how to use a sewing machine to make something wearable.

I've always put this one off because of not having access to a sewing machine.

gita (housemate)'s just brought back a sewing machine, so here I am.. 6 in the morning. Tired, but determined to figure this out. I'll show what I've got when it's done.

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Done. Finished it about an hour and a half ago. One sleepless night. Think I'll sleep Sunday away. Pictures are yet to come! ubblove

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Ta daa! My reversible tie/wrap pants.. biggrin

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

biggrin

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
WOW! they're awesome

very well done clap clap clap

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:
good job

did you use a pattern or make it up?

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
conveniently, i only have about $100 at the moment, although i suppose i do have a few expensive toys biggrin

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Dex: Well, half half? I've got another pair of pants very similar, though made with a very light thin material.. think it's a summer thing.

Making it reversible was just a matter of making 2 pairs of pants back to back. Nothing too complicated, considering it's just wrap pants.

I'm just rapt I figured out the sewing machine! ubblol

Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:
I spent a $100 on Saturday on treating me and my boyfriend to a fab meal out on the town. He though he was paying but I was sneaky and went and paid when I went to the loo. He was flabbergasted when he went to pay and I said not to worry as it was already paid for cool

A $100 well spent biggrin
EDITED_BY: Dexta (1150090884)

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
when i go back to qatar in december im going to do this, cant remember exactly the cost but i know its less than £45 smile (of course the flights etc are not included tongue)

"scramble up the sand dunes on foot. Experience the quiet of the desert, far from the rush and noise of city life, with no sound but the breeze and the shifting sand." ubblove

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:
cool.

that looks awesome!

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Hana: lol I did that on my birthday for lunch.. I slipped my c/c to the cashier before lunch even started.. during lunch, Sam, a very very close childhood friend who was up interstate visiting, tried to slip to the loo then to the cashier.. and Pip queued up to pay as well.. Sam was at the cashier when I got there, and she said "no no.. I got here first!" to which Annie, our friend/waitress/cashier said 'no.. he did'. And Sam was like ---> eek and was going 'no! how??' ubblol

Jen: I want to go too!! Got space for one more in your 4wd?? bounce bounce2

TinksSILVER Member
foxyninjatwinkletoes
177 posts

Posted:
for £100 or $100 or whatever currency we're talking I would buy a humungous great old tree and sit in it until I become wise....
might need some spare change for snacks and supplies, i could be there for some time...

May the wind always be at your back and the sun always upon your face, and the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

CarobananasGOLD Member
april fool
36 posts

Posted:
One thing I really want to do:

grap my backpack, my boyfriend my poi and my camping gear,

and hitchhike around europe, wherever we happen to get a ride to

sleeping for free at the roadside or at nice people's places,

and see how long we can make 100 Euro last.....

sunny

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
steal a jolly's boat hose paddle boat get it to renmark and paddle down stream of the murry... the 100 wold be on fuel getting to renmark and food... and ahh its a stpid idea... so gota do it...

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ive paid £10 for a 6 week horse riding course, also £10 for a 6 week water sports course biggrin

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
you only live for six weeks? umm ubblol not much of a life time tongue

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
lol its something ive wanted to do, its under £100, you dont have to do it for the rest of your life.... tongue

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Jen that's excellent! Good deal too- sounds like even lunch would cost more than either of the six weeks! When do you start or has it finished already?

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
i started last week, riding was good, but we didnt do much frown i think we start getting into the lessons properly this week.

watersports was great! went canoeing and kiaking (sp?), playing games (i had to give my kiak an eskimo kiss! eek) and then did some diving into the lake biggrin

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
An eskimo kiss to a kayak? umm

If I pass you 10 squid would you be able to arrange the horsing for me? ubbangel

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
im sure if you actually came over here for it, then they would let you do it free wink

eskimo kiss, rubbing noses..... i had to crawl to the front of the kiak and rub my nose on the nose of the kiak ubblol was a bit difficult when the further forward i went, the deeper into the water the front went...

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
mm.. only learnt about eskimo kisses not long ago. Funny how you go your life never knowing something then to suddenly hear the same almost obscure thing mentioned twice in two weeks..

Probably not the best example, but hope I'm not not making sense ubblol

Actually.. that is true. If I actually did get over there.. I need to plan my great escape! *looks to the skies* smile

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Kerrrr....bump!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Forgot about this thread Doc.. nice bump smile

Another thing on my list, mini roadtrip. $100 buys about 2 full tanks of petrol (if I'm lucky) and lunch and snacks for 2. I'll put it up as an idea to the next someone special.. Burn some nice music, chuck a mattress and pillows in the back, drive about 500k's some random direction, have a decent meal, spend a day and night there, and drive back. $100 bucks.

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Another thing to add!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuber_%28genus%29

Try trufuffles biggrin

$100 doesn't buy very much of it though, does it? confused

Page: