Forums > Meet Others > People in East Anglia!!

Login/Join to Participate

DwinBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
I have just moved to the Great Brittain and I wondered if around Great Yarmouth, Norwich etc. area staff/poi twirlers got meetings or something ? It would be great to meet some new people.

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
Hi Dwin, welcome to the UK, theres a group that meets in Colchester (see thread further down this page) and also Cambridge although both of these are a fair way from Gt Yarmouth on the train, not sure if theres anyone in Norwich or closer to Gt Yarmouth. You'd be very welcome to come down on a sunday to the Cambridge meet though, see the Cambridge thread for details. We usually go to the circus group (Camcircus) first and then head down to one of the parks for a fire spin (cam circus from about 5:30pm til 7pm then fire from about 7:15 til whenever were done smile)

Motley

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Read [Old link]

Or for yarmouth read [Old link]

but best of all, check [Old link] out. It's cool.

hug

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Sym

Read [Old link]

Or for yarmouth read [Old link]

but best of all, check [Old link] out. It's cool.

hug

Smart arse :P hug

Bernie_FlameSILVER Member
Poi junkie
75 posts

Posted:
Hi, Welcome to the east. i'm in Norwich. If you ever visit, be sure to get in touch!! ubbidea

man who go bed with itchy bum wake up with smelly finger!

Theo_SILVER Member
Dirty Hippie
347 posts

Posted:
i'm about most saturdays in the city, so if anyone wants to meet up for a spin just pm me. also got a poi club going on on wednesdays in old buckenham.

for every minute angry, you loose 60 seconds of happiness

Poi junkie
75 posts

Posted:
We are starting a Poi movement in Norwich! Myself and Theo AKA 'dirty hippy' will be at the Castle Gardens this saturday March 31st; spinning and offering some friendly advice to spinners of all levels. Don't worry if you are a total beginner, you are most welcome to come, either to watch, ask questions or to learn some basic moves. I have several spare sets of pratise Poi, so let me know if you will need to borrow some and I will make sure I bring them along.
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please message me. I am always happy to help. Otherwise We hope to see you all on Saturday.x

Poi junkie
75 posts

Posted:
Just to clarify-We are meeting at 1pm!!

Spike18journeyman
69 posts

Posted:
Im i ipswich when im not at uni, so that mainly summer lol. But i spin whenever i can if that any help.

hugs
jay

Don't Drink and Drive
Smoke and Fly

Poi junkie
75 posts

Posted:
Hi Jay, would be nice 2 meet u this summer, when u are free;) Feel free to come along 1 Saturday 4 our meet @ The Castle Gardens, or PM me and we'll arrange some thing.x

Spike18journeyman
69 posts

Posted:
i shal be back in ipswich from thew 10th of june. So just drop us a line if u ever fancy meeting and spinning. There usually a few of us lazing around spinning, and generally being hippies in random parks throughout ipswich lol.

hugs
jay

Don't Drink and Drive
Smoke and Fly

Poi junkie
75 posts

Posted:
Hi, Poi Workshops are no-longer on Saturdays- they are now held weelky @St Gregory's Church, Pottergate, Norwich. Wednesdays 6pm. We welcome anyone who wants to join us.x