Forums > Help! > UK Markets summer 06

Login/Join to Participate

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hello all
A friend of mine will be travelling in UK this summer. She does market stalls here selling groovy chunky rings and carved pendents made from bone and pearl shell. She dyes them great colours and sells 'em cheap (about 1-2 Euros). She needs to do some markets while she is in UK..either herself or wholesaling to people.

Anyone HoPers have a market stall/do Festival stalls or can help me connect her to people who do? Contacting eg Camden is pretty straightforward, but other markets that appeal to eg young women, or festivals would be great. You can PM me if you like or post here
Ta
Cheers! biggrin

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
How/Where is she travelling? Most towns have a market on at least 1 day of the week, Cambridge has one every day as well as craft markets etc every weekend. If she knows where she's going, she could just get a stall on the closest one for a day.

In most cases she can ust call the local council for information on times and prices.

As for Festivals, I'm sure you've told her about the best festival of the year wink Send us an email to info at playfestival .dot .co .dot .uk or use the contact form on the site. I'm sure most festivals will give you a quotation for stalls.

Good luck smile

hug
EDITED_BY: Sym (1146128797)

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
www.edfringe.com (Edinburgh Fringe in August), it's on for a couple of weeks

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Sym

As for Festivals, I'm sure you've told her about the best festival of the year wink

ubblol never miss a trick, mate. Go the promotions! I will be sharing my blatant promo queen crown with you soon! hug

The lady in question is a oldskool folkie. PLAY she does not...Goes to Finger in one Ear / Songs About Dead Miners Festivals tho.

Cambridge is a good suggestion, thanks. I know about the local markets thing, but she'll need to pick her places..it's not stuff that would go in a chav town or grey anorak vibe.. its kinda bright and rainbowy.

Anyone know anyone planning on doing stalls already who'd be interested in some unusual Aussie stock?

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
i might be interested newgabe smile

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey Jo, Cool
I'll PM you